Roster

If I upgrade my whole roster to max level, will it make my tower harder? Or does total roster power have no effect on the tower?

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    I'm pretty sure it's just level based, but I could be wrong.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    It has an impact on pvp though...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • you will die before trying to get all max..
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • What I found with the tower was this it gets easier as you roster levels up. As the enemies don't have runes they're fairly soft compared to PvP, but can catch you out with trick attacks like Ella's charm and Shade's Spirit Link.

There is a point where you'll use a lot of heroes to barely clear the tower, and eventually you get over that hump and find you can do it with 2-3 effective teams, or even autorun the whole thing with one team if you're confident enough.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Also, in the Tower, enemies can be anywhere from a couple levels lower to a couple levels higher than your level. Obviously, if you're max level, they can't be HIGHER level than you. So that helps a lot.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    For what it's worth, I keep my roster power as low as possibly due to the theory both for PvP and Tower. It's getting harder and harder to keep it low at 70 at this point.
    1611701?gid=
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Right now, I think roster power isn't a big deal, but the best thing to do is don't make any upgrades to heroes unless you're using that hero. For example, I am not going to level up my Hagrim to 6 stars or level 70 or put any runes on him or ascend him because those just add unnecessary hero power for a useless hero.
  • Also, in the Tower, enemies can be anywhere from a couple levels lower to a couple levels higher than your level. Obviously, if you're max level, they can't be HIGHER level than you. So that helps a lot.

A couple of levels lower? I frequently get multiple floors of enemies as low as level 59 in the tower, and all my heroes are level 70 and fully ascended.

• As far as PvP goes I'll use Ember, Lupina, BD, MK, and might rotate out Lupina if I am against dark heroes with shade, to use willow for debuff, or Koros or Tsume. The other team I use for PvP is Kai, Kreeel, Viperia, Krexx or Furnace, Bauble, Emily, Astrid...for tower clearing I usually rotate between the furnace team and Ember team to wipe out the tower. I have been recently experimenting with the monster team and dwarf teams to see how far they'll go in the tower.
  • focus on 5-10 heroes, get them fully ascended, runed, and high starred, that will keep your roster low while still being powerful

my shadowblade, bd, torchy, and daeris clears tower as if it's a joke, a fast attack team usally works better than a tank team for people who are struggling, and put 2 bulwarks on everyone except daeris so you don't have to bait death blossom(I would still bait fast heroes single attacks if the hero is highly powered)

the ideal tower team for struggling players, however is shadowblade, hopper, daeris, and shade, put one vampiric rune on shade, go for 2 bulwark, 3 power on everyone except daeris, and you've got a pretty durable lifestealing rogue team

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Right now, I think roster power isn't a big deal, but the best thing to do is don't make any upgrades to heroes unless you're using that hero. For example, I am not going to level up my Hagrim to 6 stars or level 70 or put any runes on him or ascend him because those just add unnecessary hero power for a useless hero.

You... you think Hagrim is useless?

Ohohoho... boy are you wrong.
  • Hagrim is awesome. Right up there with Balog and Takumi!
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Hagrim is awesome. Right up there with Balog and Takumi!

I'm actually surprised you guys are serious. Hagrim can be quite scary. Although his Attack stat is sub-par, the damage scaling on his abilities is very strong, meaning he still dishes out a lot of damage. Buzz Saw is Dim Mak on the first turn, with chance to Daze. Jack Hammer will probably kill anything it hits, if not do major damage. And if you let Hagrim get to his last ability, it's even worse. I've made the mistake of under-estimating Hagrim and killing him last, only to have him sweep my entire team because of Vengeful Dwarf.

Dunno what kind of Hagrims you're going up against, but as far as I'm concerned he's pretty strong.
  • echonapechonap Member
    The same argument can be made of Nitpick, Icepick, almost every normal/slow hero. They are dangerous if left alive, especially if they get to second and third move. The problem is, none of them are fast, nor bulky enough to get to their turn, and they can easily be countered with invincibility or a rez koros strategy. Hagrim is no different. Why would you ever let him get a turn?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

I'm actually surprised you guys are serious. Hagrim can be quite scary. Although his Attack stat is sub-par, the damage scaling on his abilities is very strong, meaning he still dishes out a lot of damage. Buzz Saw is Dim Mak on the first turn, with chance to Daze. Jack Hammer will probably kill anything it hits, if not do major damage. And if you let Hagrim get to his last ability, it's even worse. I've made the mistake of under-estimating Hagrim and killing him last, only to have him sweep my entire team because of Vengeful Dwarf.

Dunno what kind of Hagrims you're going up against, but as far as I'm concerned he's pretty strong.

So Hagrim is an option on PvP defense. Maybe even on offense. If he's on an Dwarf heavy defense and you leave him to kill last, you may regret it.

But he's not the only PvP option, and he's unnecessary in PvE, so you can pretty much ignore him on your own roster and you won't suffer.

Barleyman wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

So Hagrim is an option on PvP defense. Maybe even on offense. If he's on an Dwarf heavy defense and you leave him to kill last, you may regret it.

But he's not the only PvP option, and he's unnecessary in PvE, so you can pretty much ignore him on your own roster and you won't suffer.

I get he's not the greatest, but he's certainly not as bad as Takumi or Balog. I wouldn't say he's bad in PvE either. Valkin/Hagrim/Rogar/Dagrund is a great team. Especially since you'll get to use his abilities more than in PvP.
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    I haven't even bothered summoning Hagrim. I have him maxxed to 6 starts worth of tokens and the "Summon" button still sits in my face every time I open my hero list. I just sit back and collect the weekly aether.
    1611701?gid=