The Guild Games Have Started! (8/3-8/6) [Update 4]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 3 in Announcements
The Guild Games are now live!

---
Thursday through Sunday, the Guild Games return! We've been hard at work developing a completely new event from the ground up, and have been talking extensively with our Meta Focus Group to design an event that we're confident you'll enjoy. I don't want to spoil all of the surprises, but I can say that the event will be ALL PvE, have a ticket shop with lots of goodies, and a fun new style of quest that will allow you and your guild to earn extra tickets every day!

The event will begin next Thursday at 3pm CST and will end at 11:59pm CST on Sunday, allowing guilds to change their lineups for the week. PLEASE NOTE: As with last time, whatever guild you are in at the start of the guild games will be the only one you can earn guild points for during the event!

---
UPDATE 1: Guild Point Clarification
Hey all! There was a bit of confusion during this weekend's Guild Summit regarding how Guild Points will work, so I want to clarify everything here.

All of the quests during the Guild Games will pay out Guild Points and Tickets. The number of Guild Points and Tickets will not always be equal. There are no infinitely-repeatable quests, and the quests will pay out a total of approximately 60,000 Guild Points (per person). Guild Points will also be paid out via the event dungeons, which ARE infinitely-repeatable, but they are meant to be the differentiation between the top guilds who have 50 members completing every quest, not a substitute for the quests or for inactive Guild members. As such, each manual run of an event dungeon will pay out 60 Guild Points, and each Quick Loot (yes, they are quick-lootable) will pay out 6 Guild Points. The event dungeons will also pay out tickets, but the ticket payout will NOT vary between manual runs and Quick Loots. These decisions were made using the commentary we received in from past Guild Games and from discussions with the Meta Focus Group.

I will be posting more updates over the next few days regarding rewards and other parts of the Guild Games.

Minor edit: Quick Loots provide 6 Guild Points, not 10.
---

Update 2: Quests and Dungeons

Hey everyone! Today I’ve got some information regarding the Guild Game quests!

While the Guild Games will technically last about three and a half days (Thursday at 3pm CST until Sunday at 11:59pm CST to avoid conflicts with weekly guild tournaments), we decided to only have three ‘days’ of quests. This means that we will have a set of quests released at the start of the games, at 3pm CST on Friday, and 3pm CST on Saturday. There will be a few more quests released on Saturday than on Thursday or Friday to account for the extra time on Sunday without rushing players to complete an entirely new days’ worth of quests in 9 hours.

Speaking of quests, we’re doing something new with scavenger hunt quests! They’ve proven to be very popular in the past, but when you have so many people working to figure them out at the same time, they inevitably get solved very quickly, no matter how difficult we make them. To keep things interesting, we’ve decided to have multiple short scavenger hunts as opposed to a single long hunt to spread out the excitement. On Thursday and Friday, we will be releasing a four-step scavenger hunt, and we will be releasing TWO four-step hunts on Saturday. None of these scavenger hunts need to be completed before the others, and they will not expire until the end of the event.

In addition, each day we will be releasing a new event dungeon. As stated before, these dungeons will pay out Guild Points and tickets, and will be infinitely repeatable. We will also be releasing several non-repeatable, non-scavenger hunt quests every day. These quests will have to do with that day’s event dungeon. Both the event dungeons and dungeon-related quests WILL expire at the end of each day (Saturday’s will not expire until the end of the event).

Finally, we have a new style of quest that adds a new mini-game to the Guild Games, daily repeatable quest leaderboards! Each day, there will be a relatively simple quest that can be repeated up to a maximum of 5 times (these repeats are not stackable). Each completion of this quest will pay out ticket and Guild Points for the main Guild Games, but will also count towards a separate leaderboard. At the end of the day, guilds that have at least 50 completions (so 10 members completing all 5 instances of the quest or some other combination adding up to 50 completions) will get an additional amount of tickets. ***These will only be paid out to guild members that completed at least one instance of the repeatable quest***! If you don’t participate at all, you won’t get any rewards, even if every other member of your guild completed all five instances of their quest. The amount of tickets that you will get increases if your guild reaches 100, 150, and 200 completions. There is no additional payout for reaching 250 completions, as we did not want to punish guilds that had a single member who is unable to complete their quests for some reason. Furthermore, these payouts are set regardless of how many other guilds reach the various thresholds and how quickly they are done. The main Guild Games are meant to be competitive, but these leaderboards are meant to simply be you working together with your guild to achieve a common goal. Naturally, the repeatable quests will disappear at the end of each day. On Saturday, there will be two repeatable quests that will both feed into the same leaderboard with doubled requirements and rewards. Of note, while the individual instances of the repeatable quests do pay out Guild Points, the daily leaderboards will not.

Phew, that’s a lot of stuff! I'll be back tomorrow with an outline of the guild rewards. We’re very excited for this weekend and hope you are too!
---

Update 3: Rewards

As with other aspects of our Guild Game planning, we consulted with the focus group on these rewards.

The runes are Light Planning runes. Damage Reduction, Damage Reduction, Defense, Damage Reduction vs. Casters

If a guild that has already won a Guild Games title wins again, they will get progress towards an achievement that will unlock another, more exclusive Guild Games title! Keep in mind that we plan to run Guild Games with greater frequency moving forward, so this will be an attainable but challenging goal.

You'll be able to see preview images for the Abigail and Hansuke skins in-game tomorrow. ;)

Of additional note, the focus group tells me that you'll want to know that the event dungeons will have a chance to drop jewels and essences. There are also several particularly juicy items in the ticket shop, but I can't spoil *everything*.

vaa2akv9aux1.png

---
Update 4: Guild Games are live!

Yay! We hope you enjoy them!

One minor detail regarding leaderboards: Due to a bug that arose during event development, the individual player contribution leaderboards (the ones that show you how much each player in your guild has contributed to the repeatable quests and Guild Games as a whole) will not be available after their respective events have ended. The leaderboards for the guilds as a whole will still be viewable, but on Friday, the individual contribution leaderboard for today's repeatable quest will not be viewable, and at the end of the games you will not be able to view the player contribution leaderboards. We understand that this is an important feature, particularly for guild leaders, but the fix will require a larger game update and we did not feel that it was worth delaying the Guild Games for this single feature.

Also, here are the previews for Abigail the Furious and Shogun Hansuke Undying!
0hhq1ayxhddt.png
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Here's hoping for new skins to be bought with event tickets
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Yay NO PVP! But...will Jerry be there? LOL!
  • ThundRThundR Member
    @sirolk99 I bet they will just add someone called Jeralyn that you will have to protect ;)
    One is never complete...
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Groan... (good one)
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Every DB player will be sticking a ☢ on the devs if they do that
    One is never complete...
  • Hello - can we please have a free unequip BEFORE the guild games please thanks.
  • artechartech Member
    un free rune unequip would be nice, we don't had one since a long time
    my heroes need to throw away their equipment to put on their brand new greater runes
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    Can we get a sneak peak at the prizes? It would be nice to spend our time complaining now instead of when GG starts
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    Drocas wrote: »
    Can we get a sneak peak at the prizes? It would be nice to spend our time complaining now instead of when GG starts

Seems legit
  • Why don't you announce the prizes before GG starts? Out of other 4 mobile games I have played/am playing, dungeon boss is the only game who doesn't announce guild game prizes until it's live. Any reason for that?

I'd like to know what I will be fighting for before it actually starts so that

1) I won't regret burning massive resources for something I don't like.
    2) more dedication to pursue whatever ranks your guilds are aiming for.
    3) to prevent massive quitting after guild game because of disappointment due to prizes/contents.

Lastly, We'd like to choose how we like to spend our weekends. I could see lots getting pissed if We find out the prize of the guild game is nowhere near our expectation or failed to deliver what was promised like last GG. When people realize there are many things to do for the weekend besides burning their own money fighting for something they don't like, result is the least BF wants to see.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Why don't you announce the prizes before GG starts? Out of other 4 mobile games I have played/am playing, dungeon boss is the only game who doesn't announce guild game prizes until it's live. Any reason for that?

I'd like to know what I will be fighting for before it actually starts so that

1) I won't regret burning massive resources for something I don't like.
    2) more dedication to pursue whatever ranks your guilds are aiming for.
    3) to prevent massive quitting after guild game because of disappointment due to prizes/contents.

Lastly, We'd like to choose how we like to spend our weekends. I could see lots getting pissed if We find out the prize of the guild game is nowhere near our expectation or failed to deliver what was promised like last GG. When people realize there are many things to do for the weekend besides burning their own money fighting for something they don't like, result is the least BF wants to see.
    this was one of the suggestions / issues raised during and in the aftermath of the last GG, though I'm wondering if it was lost among the sea of failures.

it would be nice for people to see what the prizes are, so that guilds can make adjustments in roster if some people don't care (or, likely, don't need) whatever the prize is.

part of the angst from the last GG was a lot of people felt like they committed to the GG with the understanding that it was going to be X, and then only to find out that it's actually full of Y.

We were also promised a preview of the rewards last time GG came around, and it never happened despite numerous calls for it on the forums, so i'm not optimistic that we'll see it even if Joel or Eej say they would.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • KuarKuar Member
    As it is a GG I was thinking if Queen Daeris will be avaible or not since we can only get her in GG
    Joel wrote: »
    Thursday through Sunday, the Guild Games return! We've been hard at work developing a completely new event from the ground up, and have been talking extensively with our Meta Focus Group to design an event that we're confident you'll enjoy. I don't want to spoil all of the surprises, but I can say that the event will be ALL PvE, have a ticket shop with lots of goodies, and a fun new style of quest that will allow you and your guild to earn extra tickets every day!

The event will begin next Thursday at 3pm CST and will end at 11:59pm CST on Sunday, allowing guilds to change their lineups for the week. PLEASE NOTE: As with last time, whatever guild you are in at the start of the guild games will be the only one you can earn guild points for during the event!

As it is a GG I was thinking if Queen Daeris will be avaible or not since we can only get her in GG.
  • PhantasmosPhantasmos Member
    edited July 29
    I dont know if this is the right place and time, but I dont get responses in game and I didnt find any dedicated guild thread by searching.

I need a decent guild for the guild games please. Nothing too special just wanna do fine at the event. I play constantly and will make sure im at max crowns at all times.
    I hope event offers more dark heroes,Im loving the current event btw! : )

Edit: Found the Guild Hall!

Dumb me.
    Post edited by Phantasmos on
    R.I.P.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    You should put Dark Mage Kobal in the shop as event reward ;)
  • farfellafarfella Member
    No way! I have the skin. Nobody else is allowed to have the skin. It's mine.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    Please let us unequip runes for free before event and please no jerry! Also could you gives us loot keys in prizes
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    @Joel

We can use our own heroes with runes for these event dungeons right? I'm hoping it's not these specific locked heroes we have to use.
  • heelerheeler Member
    Will there be any part of this particular GG that will have a pvp component? (Guild members are asking if they should save up raid tickets from guild rewards or not.) Thanks!
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    edited July 31
    @Joel Will there be a mechanism in place to prevent or at least deter botting/emulators from dominating this GG? I do not use them so cannot simply set my emulator to repeat the repeatable dungeons when I go to sleep. This may put myself and my guild at a disadvantage. In these forums, we know that some players run scripts to automate playing the game.

Note: I have no problem with emulators, just the automation that allows players to gain an advantage over manual players in something supposed to be competitive such as PvP or GG
    Teal125
  • phontonxphontonx Member
    @Joel can you confirm if there will be any level restricted content in the scavenger hunts?
    10328949?gid=

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited July 31
    phontonx wrote: »
    @Joel can you confirm if there will be any level restricted content in the scavenger hunts?

There is nothing in the scavenger hunts that will be explicitly level restricted, but some quests require the use of certain subsets of heroes, and the more heroes you have access to, the more options you'll have to complete them. Not all quests will be completable using only Rogar, Yasmin, Stonefist, and Shadowblade, but we have been mindful to keep the requirements reasonable.

There is one non-scavenger hunt quest I know of that will require players to be level 17 or so. That is the closest thing we have to a level restriction.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    Joel wrote: »
    rpger001 wrote: »
    @Joel Will there be a mechanism in place to prevent or at least deter botting/emulators from dominating this GG? I do not use them so cannot simply set my emulator to repeat the repeatable dungeons when I go to sleep. This may put myself and my guild at a disadvantage. In these forums, we know that some players run scripts to automate playing the game.

Note: I have no problem with emulators, just the automation that allows players to gain an advantage over manual players in something supposed to be competitive such as PvP or GG

This is a particularly tricky issue, but it was something that we were mindful of in our development of the dungeons. In each of the event dungeons, we have several encounters that will contain a random subset of enemies with different abilities. The differences are not so drastic as to require completely different teams, but have factors that should keep each run fresh, and make auto-runs and botting inefficient to impossible.

@Joel Thanks for the quick response! This was one scenario I was thinking of that could at least deter botting. I am glad to hear you guys considered this while designing the GG content. I am very much looking forward to this GG.

Teal125
  • phontonxphontonx Member
    Thanks for the quick responses and good info, Joel!
    10328949?gid=

• beasmodebeasmode Member
    @Joel are there quests that can be stacked? Or do all quests need to be claimed in order to get more guild points?
  • I'm looking forward to this, exciting stuff.
    I know I'm the only one who dislikes no pvp content, but the masses have spoken, yall listened, so let the games begin :)
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    edited August 1
    venomkitty wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this, exciting stuff.
    I know I'm the only one who dislikes no pvp content, but the masses have spoken, yall listened, so let the games begin :)

I dislike no pvp content too ;)
  • ThundRThundR Member
    @Joel Wait! is botting and auto-running the same thing?
    One is never complete...