The Guild Games Have Started! (8/3-8/6) [Update 4]

Comments

• @ThundR no. Botting can be setup to run while you are not physically playing. Auto-running you are physically playing but your team is setup well enough to let them do the work.
  • ThundRThundR Member
    But then if in was doing a long dungeon, say lava academy, then I would have enough time to do something else while I am waiting for my team to finish.
    You know if anyone abuses me, I can find their I.P. Right?
  • @ThundR No, they are not. But... if the dungeon cannot be auto-run, then a bot won't work. At least that's how I read it.
    10328949?gid=

• Is the first quest going to be get crowns? I hope not.
  • @TopKnight makes a really good point. In the UK the daily refresh is 9pm and if the first event is crowns then I'm already done for the day. In fact any first event that needs the tower, islands etc. can mean I simply have to wait until the next day, so much better to make the first 3 or so events entirely map related.
  • Kuar wrote: »
    As it is a GG I was thinking if Queen Daeris will be avaible or not since we can only get her in GG
    Joel wrote: »
    Thursday through Sunday, the Guild Games return! We've been hard at work developing a completely new event from the ground up, and have been talking extensively with our Meta Focus Group to design an event that we're confident you'll enjoy. I don't want to spoil all of the surprises, but I can say that the event will be ALL PvE, have a ticket shop with lots of goodies, and a fun new style of quest that will allow you and your guild to earn extra tickets every day!

The event will begin next Thursday at 3pm CST and will end at 11:59pm CST on Sunday, allowing guilds to change their lineups for the week. PLEASE NOTE: As with last time, whatever guild you are in at the start of the guild games will be the only one you can earn guild points for during the event!

As it is a GG I was thinking if Queen Daeris will be avaible or not since we can only get her in GG.

I got her to 3 stars through event ticket shop tokens(shes my favourite hero)

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • @Kuar @Sparkle_Starley, according to the last communication from Joel and Eej, Daeris will not be the featured hero this time around, maybe you can still buy tokens in the shop though.
  • @ThundR - Now you take auto-run.. and have it on auto repeat. Allowing you to go to work/sleep/simply away for however long you desire, all the while your game runs the same dungeon repeatedly.

That's Botting. No comparison to auto-run.

• MelofSteel wrote: »
    @ThundR - Now you take auto-run.. and have it on auto repeat. Allowing you to go to work/sleep/simply away for however long you desire, all the while your game runs the same dungeon repeatedly.

That's Botting. No comparison to auto-run.
    If they didn't have an auto-run button then what you're calling auto-run would also be botting. Some external program would repeatedly click on enemies to attack them randomly until the level is done.

Botting is when some external program is taking actions for you in the game. It doesn't matter what it is doing, just that it is doing something. "Auto-repeat" is botting today because you need something external to do it. Tomorrow if they added a button that said "Run this dungeon on auto 10x in a row" then it would no longer be botting, it would simply be "the auto-repeat feature".

Personal aside - please add that feature. I want it, it sounds fantastic.
    centralcommand
  • (So if the dungeons are designed to prohibit auto-run and require manual runs, doesn't it even become MORE of a reward for attendance? So the guild that can afford to spend the most physical time in the game and losing the most braincells doing the same dungeons over and over will win?)

Frankly I'd rather be able to auto-run the dungeons after I've run them for the first time.

I'm waiting for the day when some guild just hires people to play the event 24x7 for them - wouldn't be surprised if someone already did that.

They'll always find a way, I don't want over-policing to make the game less fun for the rest of us.
  • @CentralCommand - Not sure if you were just trying to clarify my post.

If they didn't have an auto-run button then what you're calling auto-run would also be botting. Some external program would repeatedly click on enemies to attack them randomly until the level is done.

Right... you... are. However, a moot point since there IS that auto-run button? I'm not seeing the point you're trying to make.

Tomorrow if they added a button that said "Run this dungeon on auto 10x in a row" then it would no longer be botting, it would simply be "the auto-repeat feature".

Yes.. again, IF DB made the button "to allow to you run the dungeon10x in a row", that wouldn't be considered botting - I agree, BUT they haven't made it. So....?

We've established botting is an external program that gives an unfair advantage to a minority of players who choose to exploit the game - as you described in more detail. My post was aimed that botting is not to be compared to the "auto-run" feature that's in game - as our co-player, ThundR questioned. That's all I was pointing out.

• LietoLieto Member
    auto-run stops when you need to work / school / whatever or crucially go to sleep...

botting doesnt...

for this reason, botting gives a massive advantage to anyone doing it...regardless of whether the player has the same mats as someone playing manually / auto-run...like for like, in a relatively short period of time, the botter does more runs, consistently...
  • ...so with Update 2; lots of small scavenger hunts, it gives a great advantage to guilds who use online communication, and disadvantages players who aren't in good guilds, or can't use online communication,

The theory is that in the past scavenger hunts were discerned too quickly - that may have been true among communicating guilds but I'd noticed people sharing in the forum actually started to take longer. Putting out scavenger quests after the first day will clearly disadvantage those players while those in well communicating guilds will still do fine. So, will this help make it a challenge for some at the cost of enjoyment for others?

I'm also confused about the daily leaderboards..I will trust they have a good purpose, play my best, and just let whatever happens, happen.

I really like DB, and I don't mean for my posts to sound critical, I'm just worried that all these "improvements" may cause as much as they solve. I'm a big believer in keeping things simple.

I look forward to the GG.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    ...so with Update 2; lots of small scavenger hunts, it gives a great advantage to guilds who use online communication, and disadvantages players who aren't in good guilds, or can't use online communication,

The theory is that in the past scavenger hunts were discerned too quickly - that may have been true among communicating guilds but I'd noticed people sharing in the forum actually started to take longer. Putting out scavenger quests after the first day will clearly disadvantage those players while those in well communicating guilds will still do fine. So, will this help make it a challenge for some at the cost of enjoyment for others?

I'm also confused about the daily leaderboards..I will trust they have a good purpose, play my best, and just let whatever happens, happen.

I really like DB, and I don't mean for my posts to sound critical, I'm just worried that all these "improvements" may cause as much as they solve. I'm a big believer in keeping things simple.

I look forward to the GG.

Not seeing a problem.

The Guild Games are supposed to benefit "Good" Guilds, and good communication is one thing about being in a Good Guild, which usually means communication outside of the game itself, since the in-game Guild chat line is almost useless.
  • @Joel have you guys solidified the GG rewards yet?
  • echonapechonap Member
    How about a Jerry skin for Jabber?
  • Jerry is as useless as jabber so it would work
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Free rune unequip! Yayyy!
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    @Joel

Superior and Greater Rune is missing for purchase in Honor shop. Hope it's not intentional.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Brazy wrote: »
    @Joel

Superior and Greater Rune is missing for purchase in Honor shop. Hope it's not intentional.

Not intentional, currently being fixed. Standby for reward details.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Just realised A terracotta hansuke would look so cool
  • Uh... that should be shifu.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Abigail epic confirmed?
  • Joel wrote: »
    Brazy wrote: »
    @Joel

Not intentional, currently being fixed. Standby for reward details.

While we're at it, I noticed that the heroic portal is giving 35 tokens for Julius if you have him unlocked already? I thought gold heroes only give out 25 tokens.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    Thought you guys were increasing the rewards? Looks kind weak for the all the time/gems I'm going to end up spending
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Drocas wrote: »
    Thought you guys were increasing the rewards? Looks kind weak for the all the time/gems I'm going to end up spending

We improved the rune payouts for the end of dungeon rewards, have the ticket shop back with more options, and have improved the dungeon loot. We've bumped things up across the board, not all in the end rewards. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Drocas wrote: »

I'm curious what gems you see yourself spending assuming you stockpiled some stamina? And if the dungeons are dropping tier 2 items like Eej mentioned in the summit, you'll be better rewarded for your "time" than almost any previous GG to date. Add on top of that the ticket shop which allows for further materials to be purchased and you suddenly and a very generous GG. The tier rewards are just icing on the top of an already very charitable GG cake.

To quote a standard mantra "Focus on the journey, not the destination". You'll probably be making a whole lot of goods along the way.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited August 3
    Drocas wrote: »

Don't forget there is also an even ticket shop to buy some stuff (supposedly will be good?) where we didn't have last GG.

Edit: Matt beat me to it! What he said! :)
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    We didn't have last game but we have had it every GG before that. @MattCauthron every guild game so far i have spent close to 5k gems, why should i assume this one will be different? Also, i feel that GG rewards should be way better then the weekly PVP.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png