Who Should I Rune Next?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited August 30 in Off-Topic Discussion
So I'm very excited because I'm almost done putting runes on all my heroes! Don't worry about my roster power cuz I don't give half a heck about PvP or being good at it. Just do my 3 raids, get my crowns, and I'm done. Anyways, I've only got 6 heroes left to put runes on: Therand, Takumi, Yoko, Sifu, Selwyn, and Abigail. Yes, I even have runes on Alexandros and Jabber. Don't laugh at me.

Anywho, who should I put runes on next?

Btw, I'm looking for what would be fun here. Not what's statistically the best. I already have all the heroes I need for PvE and PvP star'd and rune'd up. Heard Yoko is good, though. I had him with runes at one point but they were improved, I've since upgraded to greater. Again, looking for fun, not seriously 'omG1337m3ch4nixX' for PvP!

Who Should I Rune Next? 14 votes

Yoko - He's a good tank and helpful on some PvP raids.
7%
kpung07 1 vote
Takumi - I don't have a good reason to, but maybe you do?
0%
Selwyn - Just for fun, really.
7%
noamsadeh 1 vote
Sifu - Maybe he'll get a rework soon?
14%
TTS1000Sparkle_Starley 2 votes
Abigail - Honestly not bad in PvE.
7%
Crimson_the_Kid 1 vote
Therand - I guess he fits on the Dwarf team, and shreds armor?
64%
echonapthegeminiguyFatCat69farfellaBarleymansirolk99sing_fistThundRFFantasy 9 votes
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• Therand - I guess he fits on the Dwarf team, and shreds armor?
    Try out the dwarf team!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Therand was awesome in PvE, go for it, go dwarf. Yeah baby! ;)
  • Takumi and Abigail both have boss mode dungeons where they are required. If you haven't 3-starred those dungeons yet, I would rune up those two (less than) heroes.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited August 30
    Therand - I guess he fits on the Dwarf team, and shreds armor?
    I used to use Therand all the time on my usual water team, before I got all the epics and started autorunning pretty much everything.

His armor piercing and ignore armor skills made him a big damage hitter, and he takes less damage from armored heros. There are a lot of armored heros. Perfect Swing is a bonus.

I think once Therand gets his epic he's going to be a real power house. Meantime he's still a lot of fun with his unique caster/explosives mix.

Interesting how many 'under powered' water heroes you have, I'm the same, just no need for so many of these right now.
    My favorite dwarf until Valkin was released
    Therand is the only one on that list that's moderately useful. Would love to see Yoko return to significance as well.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I was looking for what's fun, not what's statistically best, but I'll do Therand anyways! I guess he can be fun, too.

At one point I had Takumi runed up with max Crit and was just chilling enemies left and right, wasn't very useful but was still pretty fun. Abigail and Yoko with a lot of Crit could be useful too... Sifu and Selwyn also do stuff with Crits...

Maybe I've just been avoiding Crit-effect heroes subconsciously? Indigo is the least powerful hero I have runes on, after all. Or she just has low hero power, cuz her runes are really good...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    731go03cs2uy.png

Well, even with 5* Greater Heroic and Legendary runes, his stats are still lackluster. But certainly better than what they were, and I guess he shreds Armored targets better than Lilly. I still wish he had better abilities. Thermal Detonator is like Julius' Barrel Toss but worse. Helmet Missiles are okay. Cheers Mate could maybe lower enemy Atk or energy, something to help hinder his foes. Or maybe it could give him energy if it killed. I dunno. He's okay.