Improved-Greater Runes Level 50-60

My alt is level 56. If we have access to epics and boss mode and can craft greater runes why are we still receiving improved binders and shards as rewards? Also why is the pvp reward still improved? @Eej @Joel @Victoria

Comments

• Probably because of your lvl. You said you were lvl 56, right? Well, in quests, and PvP, you can't get greater runes till you're lvl 60. The update only said you could find greater and superior runes in boss mode campaign and island (superior only drop in Legendary dungeons).
    I hope this answered your question, ladybam.
    Symmetrical, lvl 65
    Guild of Death Jesters
    Not very happy by MK nerf
    New favorite hero is Zomm (for now....)
  • Probably because of your lvl. You said you were lvl 56, right? Well, in quests, and PvP, you can't get greater runes till you're lvl 60. The update only said you could find greater and superior runes in boss mode campaign and island (superior only drop in Legendary dungeons).

My problem with this is if I can get greater runes from boss mode and epics and craft them why are rewards from quests still improved binders and shards and the pvp reward is improved still too. What good is this to me when everyone level 50 and up is starting to craft greater runes. Improved is a waste at this point.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited September 2
    Time to level up? How long have you been playing the game?

I seem to remember it being pretty easy to get to 61, but fairly slow to level the rest of the way to 70.

If you're only in the mid-50s, it shouldn't take you more than a few weeks of normal gameplay and then you can join the rest of us collecting greater runes and whatnot.
  • ladybamladybam Member
    edited September 2
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Time to level up? How long have you been playing the game?

I seem to remember it being pretty easy to get to 61, but fairly slow to level the rest of the way to 70.

If you're only in the mid-50s, it shouldn't take you more than a few weeks of normal gameplay and then you can join the rest of us collecting greater runes and whatnot.

This is my alt @FatCat69 not my main account which is level 70.

Y'all seem to be missing what I'm trying to say. Why give us the availability of greaters and crafting yet keep offering us improved as a reward? Where's the incentive in making legend 1 or doing the quest now. Woohoo if I do all this work I can get a rune that's not going to be entirely useful. Its as if instead of taking the time to put in the changes for level 50-59 they just flicked a switch for boss mode to be opened and didn't do the follow up work.

Ps I don't want to level my alt up quickly, and I apologize if I come across as rude I haven't had my coffee yet!
  • I have no idea what their true intentions are, but it seems to me that they're simply trying to ease the transition between Improved and Greaters.

So they are likely trying to not flood the market with a ton of Greater runes, but they're at least giving you the ability run Boss Island (if you have built your heroes to the point where they can run it) and start your Epics and collect shards and binder from the Boss Mode levels that you can complete. So they've given you at least a toehold so that you can craft your own runes if you want but aren't necessarily giving you full entry to all that is level locked at 60.

In other words, your rewards aren't Greaters and you can't get the second or third epic parts until you level up. So level up. But at least you won't show up on the doorstep of 60 or whatever without a single greater to your name...
  • ladybam wrote: »
    Probably because of your lvl. You said you were lvl 56, right? Well, in quests, and PvP, you can't get greater runes till you're lvl 60. The update only said you could find greater and superior runes in boss mode campaign and island (superior only drop in Legendary dungeons).

My problem with this is if I can get greater runes from boss mode and epics and craft them why are rewards from quests still improved binders and shards and the pvp reward is improved still too. What good is this to me when everyone level 50 and up is starting to craft greater runes. Improved is a waste at this point.

You can get greater runes from challenge mode at level 28 for those rare mid level drops, which was long available before giving access to epcis for level 50. Those who participated in Winterfest 2016 were able to craft many greater legendary runes in their 30s. So the only thing preventing you from making greaters at lower levels is access to materials. All in all, the devs still want level 60 as the minimum level for receiving materials and rewards for greater runes.