Dungeon Boss' Second Anniversary!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
bvb8vwb9v9q3.png

Happy anniversary to us! Don't worry, you don't need to get us presents, but we got presents for you!

For starters, you get a free skin! You have your choice of Bushido Takumi or Death Knight Executum, just tap the button with your choice on the anniversary event image. If you don't have the hero that you select, it will be unlocked for you, if you already have the hero, you'll get a chunk of tokens for them. In addition, we have a special anniversary quest that is super simple and pays out AWESOME rewards. It's our way of saying thank you for your support. We hope you enjoy!
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice!!
  • epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited September 2017
    Is there a way to get which ever one we don't pick? @Joel
  • i kinda want to know if there's intended change to those two characters anytime in the near future, since i currently do not use either.

i guess at least OE has a potential spot with the undead team... >_<
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited September 2017
    I feel like OE's skin could be useful on occasions when skinned tanks auto-taunt to start a fight, but Takumi's samurai skin is beyond sweet.
  • I picked Takumis :) Couldn't help myself...it looks so bad ****.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited September 2017
    @Joel a lot of us collectors and completionists , Will there be a way to get the skin we don't pick relatively soon ?
  • Joel wrote: »
    We will likely make it so whichever skin you don't choose will be available for purchase at some point soon. No exact time is set, but I can promise that these skins aren't going to be locked away forever with no chance to get the one you don't choose. :)

Thanks babycakes
  • Happy anniversary, DB! And congrats to everyone who works on the game!
  • Yay! I sense many happy years to come...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Happy Anniversary! :D
  • The rewards on the anniversary line are craaaazy good for the amount of effort. Thank you.

Don't want to sound unappreciative, but do want to point out that there seems to be a many-month drought of new content, with increasingly good rewards as a substitute. An occasional "freebee" is nice and all, but I think to a lot of us the ultimate reward would be "something to do in this game again". Months and months of repeated events, and guild games that consist of retread event maps, and epics that require the same boss island farming maps, etc. just isn't engaging.

Rewards on this quest line are awesome, but actually getting them isn't any fun whatsoever. I think a lot of people would have seen "run these new super hard dungeons designed to challenge max rosters" as more of a reward than "run one of the same four old maps 25 times on auto mode while watching tv for awesome items."

tldr: we're here to enjoy playing a game, not just collect rewards. Give us something to play.
  • Rewards are, 10 lily tokens, 5 astrals, 25 kreel tokens, superior yellow bulwark rune, and 5 heroic summons.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Skip_Holmes, we're absolutely going to be giving you something you can play in the next few weeks, along with a new hero, and new functionality that will impact various parts of the game. We know it's taken longer than players would like, and we apologize for that, but we'd rather release something good a bit late than something with bugs that is 'on time'.

As for the anniversary quest, yeah, it's meant to be simple, if a bit grindy. The skins require no effort at all, but we wanted to make sure that players put in at least a tiny amount of effort for those quest rewards. ;)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • as more of a reward than "run one of the same four old maps 25 times on auto mode while watching tv for awesome items."

I never get awesome items when *I* watch tv.
    We will likely make it so whichever skin you don't choose will be available for purchase at some point soon. No exact time is set, but I can promise that these skins aren't going to be locked away forever with no chance to get the one you don't choose. :)

As opposed to the Yorik skin?
    @Skip_Holmes, we're absolutely going to be giving you something you can play in the next few weeks, along with a new hero, and new functionality that will impact various parts of the game. We know it's taken longer than players would like, and we apologize for that, but we'd rather release something good a bit late than something with bugs that is 'on time'.

As for the anniversary quest, yeah, it's meant to be simple, if a bit grindy. The skins require no effort at all, but we wanted to make sure that players put in at least a tiny amount of effort for those quest rewards. ;)

Thanks, @Joel. Very much looking forward to the upcoming releases.
  • @Joel - I am still waiting for my cake with the stripper Ferno in it! *taps foot impatiently* ;-p
  • Sweet! Congrats 2 years! :)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I think a lot of people would have seen "run these new super hard dungeons designed to challenge max rosters" as more of a reward than "run one of the same four old maps 25 times on auto mode while watching tv for awesome items."

Gonna have to disagree with you on this point Skip. Unless by "people" you meant "end game players" then yes I get what you're saying. But the game is made up of more then just end game players, and it makes more sense for DB to do these easy quests cause they want everyone to finish them. Being the 2 year anniversary and all...

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • @Joel ... yes please have the other skin available in some way soon. I've spent so much time and money on DB to have a complete collection of all the skins ever released. A bit of killer for me today when I realized that no matter what I did today I would finish it again with having a complete set. Felt like a lot of wasted money and effort for what was supposed to be a DB gift. So please don't wait too long to give us collectors/completionists the ability to make our OCD okay without skin collections.
    GalakSS
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people would have seen "run these new super hard dungeons designed to challenge max rosters" as more of a reward than "run one of the same four old maps 25 times on auto mode while watching tv for awesome items."

Gonna have to disagree with you on this point Skip. Unless by "people" you meant "end game players" then yes I get what you're saying. But the game is made up of more then just end game players, and it makes more sense for DB to do these easy quests cause they want everyone to finish them. Being the 2 year anniversary and all...

The "very hard dungeon" thing was just an example. Point was more that rewards start to feel pretty empty when you aren't doing anything to actually earn them or progress the game at all. Taken to an extreme, would you rather an event be new maps and activities to participate in, or just a button every few days that says "collect rewards"? Just didn't want to lose sight of the fact that over the last 6 months or so, the reward payouts have gotten better and better, but the content that makes those rewards fun and interesting to achieve has gotten more and more sparse.
  • Happy anniversary, and thanks for the gifts!
  • Happy anniversary! :). Thank you for the presents. Have a lovely holiday.
    nunya
  • Will you make quests everyday for loot?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Even with all the mistakes, you guys have done a lot right - especially as of late. Hoping for a much better year.
  • Thanks for the rewards DB!

I just want to let you know about a potential bug though.... today I beat Kang Kung twice (took two times to get the token), then I moved on to Lich and beat him twice (also took two times to get the token!) So, there was 4 towards the current 'reward' I was on. Next I went on to Sulfurious and beat him and went to collect my reward and it said I was still on 4/5! So I thought okay, I must have counted wrong so I did Sulfurious again (cause I still hadn't gotten the token). So I did it again, got the token, and went to get my reward but it STILL said 4/5! So I then went and did the Root of all Evil, beat it (didn't get the token) so I went to go see if I could claim my reward and I STILL only had 4/5!! Then I went back and beat Kang Kung again and finally got 5/5. I mean, I finally got the reward, but wasted a lot of stamina to register 1 completion so not overly happy about that. Has this been happening to anyone else? Please advise. @Joel
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    DM666 wrote: »
    Thanks for the rewards DB!

I just want to let you know about a potential bug though.... today I beat Kang Kung twice (took two times to get the token), then I moved on to Lich and beat him twice (also took two times to get the token!) So, there was 4 towards the current 'reward' I was on. Next I went on to Sulfurious and beat him and went to collect my reward and it said I was still on 4/5! So I thought okay, I must have counted wrong so I did Sulfurious again (cause I still hadn't gotten the token). So I did it again, got the token, and went to get my reward but it STILL said 4/5! So I then went and did the Root of all Evil, beat it (didn't get the token) so I went to go see if I could claim my reward and I STILL only had 4/5!! Then I went back and beat Kang Kung again and finally got 5/5. I mean, I finally got the reward, but wasted a lot of stamina to register 1 completion so not overly happy about that. Has this been happening to anyone else? Please advise. @Joel

Im wondering if it has to do with the chest you get. It says beat an Epic boss and get some epic loot, perhaps if you get a Rune chest it doesn't count? Do you remember what types of chests you got from each boss?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited September 2017
    Those other bosses work fine.

If you kill them using Damage Over Time you don't get credit though. So if they die to fire, poison, wound, etc. you won't get credit.

Also, if you want to save stamina, use the Lich in Boss Mode.
  • edited September 2017
    farfella wrote: »
    Rewards are, 10 lily tokens, 5 astrals, 25 kreel tokens, superior yellow bulwark rune, and 5 heroic summons.

I think it depends on level....
    I see 4 astrals as 2/5 mission reward.(lvl 66)

p.s. Happy anniversary and happy game to everyone!!!
    Post edited by PontifexAeternus on