My King Yorick

I finally six-starred yorick yesterday. And for those who know me or don't know how it feels like, I'll show you right here.d3xtmt45fm5m.png
ibedp0mjftdc.png
2upj6wil6orp.png
Get rekt, m8

Comments

• Say hi, King Yorick!
    Get rekt, m8
  • Let me ask you all a question, though. Is my defense amount for King Yorick able to withstand a MK pack attack? I put an Improved Bulwark rune, Greater Bulwark rune, lesser tactics rune, SUPERIOR Bulwark rune, and greater bulwark rune. As shown in picture (approximately).
    Get rekt, m8
  • Undead MK x3 damage offset by reduced DMG v rogues.. some offset there
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Let me ask you all a question, though. Is my defense amount for King Yorick able to withstand a MK pack attack? I put an Improved Bulwark rune, Greater Bulwark rune, lesser tactics rune, SUPERIOR Bulwark rune, and greater bulwark rune. As shown in picture (approximately).

Why would you rune Yorick with all defense? Especially if your goal is to withstand MK? Just one life or bulwark rune is enough. He has Rogue Guard so MK does almost regular damage against him, plus his health and defense stats are high to begin with. Put some meat on those bones and give him some battle and vampiric runes. He's more fun when he actually does damage. 2.2k atk is nothing.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Ok. But let me ask this: can one defence rune save him from shadowblade after being haunted? Plus, my yorick has boosted damage anyway. So it's not much of a big deal. I used to think all life runes on phenol was awesome, but it isn't anything. Plus he survived with only Lord Zomm today on Pestilence Spiral. So, do you have an account on DB? I'm not sure if it was you I saw one time.
    Get rekt, m8
  • No. Your Yorick is dead dead dead. Don't use him on defense for PVP. He is a horrible choice.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    No. Your Yorick is dead dead dead. Don't use him on defense for PVP. He is a horrible choice.

Yup. I love seeing any undead on defense, it's a guaranteed waste of space. Don't care how they're runed.

Yorick's first special does not actual damage, so he's a low priority in the first round.

The only way undead are going to survive is if your defense leads with Shade, and Shade takes out MK before he can attack. People using MK in attack are going to runing him to ensure this doesn't happen very often.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yorick can pretty much survive any single attack from a Rogue, but like stated above, you shouldn't have him on defense. It's probably not even a good idea to use him on offense.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • I guess you are right. I don't use him on defence, but I use him on offense. He nearly died once facing someone's MK, but his Epic Attack happen in the nick of time. I replaced my lesser tactics (don't even know why it's there) with superior power rune.
    I team Yori with Shade, William and Bloom. Is this a good choice?
    Get rekt, m8
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited September 12
    I guess you are right. I don't use him on defence, but I use him on offense. He nearly died once facing someone's MK, but his Epic Attack happen in the nick of time. I replaced my lesser tactics (don't even know why it's there) with superior power rune.
    I team Yori with Shade, William and Bloom. Is this a good choice?

That sounds like a terrible offense or defense.

Shade is the only decent hero listed.

Top PVP heroes in no particular order: MK, Koros, Ferno, Furnace, Astrid, Emily, Shadowblade, Hopper, Bauble, Zen, Aria, Ember, and Shade
    Honorable mention: Lily, Grog, Pignius, Rocky

• ObiWanCannoliObiWanCannoli Member
    edited September 12
    I would add to that list of @kalamadea Viperia (especially when combined with Lilly). Valkin is excellent. Also Blacksmoke on a Valkin team can be very tough on defense. Ekko is situational.

On offense, 90% of the time I use teams that include either:
    Viperia-Lilly
    Furnace-Bauble-Valkin
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I would add to that list of @kalamadea Viperia (especially when combined with Lilly). Valkin is excellent. Also Blacksmoke on a Valkin team can be very tough on defense. Ekko is situational.

On offense, 90% of the time I use teams that include either:
    Viperia-Lilly
    Furnace-Bauble-Valkin

I put a lot of good runes on Viperia, but then Koros came and stomped all over her. So I don't find myself using Viperia when Koros seems to be a better choice. For the armored teams, Koros still chews them up, just takes maybe a turn or two longer to finish off the Furnace on defense.

Valkin I've never found useful. He freezes, but just about everything now is immune whether it be from Dark Shroud or a Construct or Impervious. He's sat in my roster unascended and unruned for a long long time now.

• @kalamadea There are different ways of playing of course, and not one right way. I used to use Koros all the time, and I still do sometimes. Once Lilly came out, I like Viperia more.

The reason I like Viperia is when combined with Lilly they destroy armoreds like Bauble and Furnace with ease. Even if someone dodges Lilly her thorns still do damage.

Viperia is more sturdy than Koros and never gets one shot by MK, plus if paired with Krexx can become invincible when he dies. Viperia can also kill Ferno, while Koros attack give Ferno health.

When facing a three or four Reptile team Viperia can kill them all in one shot. (e.g. Koros kills Viperia or Krexx then Cobressa becomes invincible for two turns).

Valkin is awesome. Probably my favorite PVP hero. If you don't have him well runed I strongly recommend it. I have 3 DR runes on him so hits from MK and even Shade usually do little to no damage. He can't be feared. He never misses. If runed right he does a lot of damage. He freezes. He is my go to hero for dodge defenses that have SB, MK, Aria.

Valkin can take Koros 1st move for little to no damage if paired with Furnace and Bauble. Plus Bauble gives him dodge. Super sturdy, big aoe hit, never missed, freezes...awesome combinations.

FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited September 13
    snip

@ObiWanCannoli
    Well you have me curious about Valkin. Maybe I'll take another look at him.

What is your rune setup, if you don't mind sharing?

• @kalamadea this is his setup:
    e77ep9kgvl19.png
    nqq9ztt2mnyq.png
    fvhukm6d10ea.png
    tedgb76s3bh2.png
    m36sja9v1adh.png
    aowsodpq0c6w.png
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Wow.. those Blue Planning runes.. must've been handing those out when I took a break from DB.

I won't be able to recreate those without a ton of luck, but I'll give it a whirl.

-- 3 DR (Blue x2, Yellow) 2 Power (Red + Purple)

Thanks for the info - I'll try him out.

• Alright... how about Shade, SB, Koros, and wo else should I add? I put Kobal on offense because with reg teams, he is usually the first one targeted. That means disease. What's weird, lvl 70 teams lose to me... but lvl 60 always wins against me... ?
    Get rekt, m8
  • Hey, I just realized I don't have Valkin yet... or Lily...
    hey guys, does Solaris come out today? I don't know because of school.
    Get rekt, m8
  • Alright... how about Shade, SB, Koros, and wo else should I add? I put Kobal on offense because with reg teams, he is usually the first one targeted. That means disease. What's weird, lvl 70 teams lose to me... but lvl 60 always wins against me... ?

Are you talking about defense? If so, there's no unbeatable defense in the game. You can make it difficult, but there's always a strat to win.

If you're starting with a dark defense with Shade, adding Hopper isn't a bad choice.

Shade, SB, Hopper, Koros

I'd beat with with a Furnace, Bauble, Ferno, Astrid team, but that wouldn't be an easy fight if Shade targeted Ferno or Astrid from the start.

• So Shade, SB, Hopper, Koros? I'd replace Koros with Ekko. Planning runes and Power runes make him straight.
    Get rekt, m8
  • edited September 18
    I don't know many people who would use King Yorick in PvP. I simply make a unique team for each opponent I fight. If its a MK with power runes then ferno with atk down. If its a Shade worshiper then I use bauble with furnace, astrid and Shade. If there is a koros in that team then I use zen, SB, koros and furnace.

Obviously I would adjust the team according to their setup
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • That's what I do. It helps a lot so you know strengths and weaknesses.
    Get rekt, m8
  • Still trying to look for a weakness in Solaris, no luck so far but i did come across SB and MK although they one shot everything
    Mock exams finished...Im back!