Update Notes (9/6): Guild Collaboration, Improved Auto-Battle, Player Mail, and More

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 6 in Patch Notes
Hello everyone!

We will be releasing a new update on the app store tomorrow (9/6), which will include the following changes:

New additions:
  • Player to Player Mail – Players can now send mail to their Friends and Guildmates!
  • Speed Controls – Now set your combat speed in Campaigns and ToP up to 2x normal speed!
  • Auto Battle - Player can now choose whether they want their heroes to use their base attack or all their abilities.
  • Tech improvements that will allow a lot more events and bonuses around guilds. This might not sound very exciting on the surface, but it's going to be the basis for a lot of fun things in guild events moving forward. These changes make it so we can implement guild-wide rewards when players take certain actions. For example, we can now do a special purchase that will pay out not only to the purchaser, but to all of their guildmates as well!
  • Reduced bundle sizes! This means less memory being used by the game!
  • Added player DBID to the initial game loading screen.
  • Ridealong Dungeons now Save Team Lineups.
  • Passively update the schedule - That means fewer instances of DBJGB!

We fixed a bunch of bugs as well. Here are a few of the more interesting ones:
  • Fixed Facebook authentication issues
  • Fixed the issue where if the game closed unexpectedly and no "Continue" Option was given.
  • Fixed Feedback Button in the OPTIONS menu.
  • Google Devices on OS 4 and 5 should now be able to sign into rave.
  • Failed to connect to the Server Error message could trigger when attempting to login with a Big Fish Account
  • Leaving a Guild no longer requires a hard close and relaunch to successfully show the account has left
  • Heroes no longer lose long tap functionality when cryo-frozen or stoned
  • Fixed rare issue where player returning from a long time ago would have issues logging in.
  • The Epic Boss Music sometimes didn't work properly and made our composer sad. That's fixed now.
  • If Shade possesses your hero and you lose a raid, your hero will not longer appear 'alive' on the results screen.
  • Shade's Possession no longer keeps enemy/ally heroes alive in ToP.
  • If your rune inventory is full, you should now be warned before entering a dungeon.
  • Epic weapons are now removed from drop table after acquiring them.

*Removed one fix that I thought was in, but is not. There is still some scrolling momentum when quickly changing tabs.

We will have our first Guild Boss Invasion event next week. While the update is being released tomorrow, we will not be forcing the update on players until a few days after the release, and we want to make sure that everyone is in before we start the event.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 5
    Joel wrote: »
    Auto Battle - Player can now choose whether they want their heroes to use their base attack or all their abilities.

Is that an all-or-nothing for the whole team, or per hero?

I can think of many scenarios where I'd like to mix and match, especially if some heroes have epics and others don't.

If auto-running with all skills option are the skills used in the order 1, 2 3, or randomly from what is powered and ready to go?
  • So is the ekko unpurgable glitch still around. If you didn't see my post on Ekko's epic post Etherial spirit made all buffs unpurgable.2euv6461ssmz.png
    As you can see Koros purged all buffs from the rest of the enemy team but ekko was left fully buffed.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Barleyman: Whole team.

@Subjectochange: That should be fixed now. Sorry for not following up on that thread!
  • The Epic Boss Music sometimes didn't work properly and made our composer sad. That's fixed now.

Do people actually play this game with the music turned on? :open_mouth:
  • @Joel sweet, just wanted to follow up or bring it back to attention if you didn't see it before.

• Sweet! :)
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 5
    Awesome! What sort of mail can we send to friends and Guild Mates? Like, resources, or a message, or what?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Woohoo,
  • Hero sorting?

This
  • farfella wrote: »
    Awesome! What sort of mail can we send to friends and Guild Mates? Like, resources, or a message, or what?

Messages only, no resource sharing.
    @farfella: Messages, no resources. Don't expect to see resource transfer to be possible in the game, it completely breaks economies and becomes a legal problem with creating a secondary market where players sell/trade resources.

@elektrobank: Not at this time, sorry.
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    edited September 5
    @Joel - How exactly does this work? "Auto Battle - Player can now choose whether they want their heroes to use their base attack or all their abilities."

Its pretty open-ended. As per @Barleyman can this be turned on per hero, or all or nothing, is it use specials abilities as per PVP AI or use only signature abilities or more tailored. Seems like a HUGE load of Development work, so I am very curious on how this will actually work.

Edit: You answered about whole team or per hero but I would love a breakdown of this feature (very excited for it).
    It's a pretty simple interface: When you tap the autobattle button, which appears the same as it always has, two options will pop out "Basic" and "All". "Basic" will only use basic attacks, "All" will use all abilities, including basic attacks if the hero has no usable special abilities at a given point in battle.
  • Joel wrote: »
    @farfella: Messages, no resources. Don't expect to see resource transfer to be possible in the game, it completely breaks economies and becomes a legal problem with creating a secondary market where players sell/trade resources.

Oh yeah right lol. That would be like a trade portal. Stupid question. Also, will we be able to send messages to everyone in the guild without sending a copy individually to everyone?

Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    edited September 5
    @farfella: You cannot send mail to your entire guild unless you are a GM or Officer, but all members of a guild can send messages to each member of their guild separately. You can't do partial lists of the guild if you're a GM or Officer, it's all or nothing (or individually).
  • elektrobankelektrobank Member
    edited September 5
    Not even a trade portal, but how about a crafting or binding workshop..? If the devs aren't going to fix the uneven balance of the same mats used for upgrades then as a compromise we should have the option to convert some of our 999 gold into some silver for example :/
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Heroic Summon tracker was originally slated for this client update but at some point was removed from the docket. Soooo, status/eta on when we can expect to see this? And hero sorting?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Did the devs by any chance put little numbers telling how many portal summons you have saved up?
  • Joel wrote: »
    @Barleyman: Whole team.

That's a shame, I guess we'll end up trying both and deciding what we prefer for each team set up/dungeon combination.

The effect for any hero with an epic will be to make that epic less useful, as it will be called on fewer times.

I can foresee Yasmin healing a minor scratch because she can, when she could have zapped an enemy undead AND had a 30% chance to heal the whole team three times running, and cleaning to boot.

Thanks for the feature anyway! More options = more fun!

Renly wrote: »
    Heroic Summon tracker was originally slated for this client update but at some point was removed from the docket. Soooo, status/eta on when we can expect to see this? And hero sorting?

Sorry, I'm not going to speculate on what we will/won't get into our next update quite this early. :tongue:
  • Ha @Renly, Joel stuck his tongue out at you.

Do people actually play this game with the music turned on? :open_mouth:

Shhhh... the composer is sad enough already.
  • when is a new hero coming(that's what I mostly care about)

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided

Soon
  • (TM)

Next week's guild boss invasion event debuts a new hero, a female, normal speed, not a dwarf, that's all I remember from what was dropped
  • Are there going to be any more dragon heroes going to be added to the game? I also realised that Sulfurious does not have the dragon tag but has the attacker tag.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • digmdigm Member
    Updates look good excited to see them implemented
  • valdahsorvaldahsor Member
    edited September 6
    re: Hero Sorting
    Joel wrote: »

@Joel , thanks for the feedback, but this is truly disappointing - been following the guild chats and the mention that sorting will be in this patch was highly anticipated. How can Sorting NOT be a Qol change? Why do you guys not do a poll on what we want?Sorting is the most basic of programming or database principles. How can you guys not have the capacity to do this? What is this black box you guys have with sorting?

I am thankful for your game and thanks for your feedback. I am just so frustrated as this was the ONLY change I (selfish I) wanted. Been playing for pretty much 2 years, and this is ALL I WANT.

Can you or @Eej not please give us any feedback on WHY you cannot implement this simple (perceived) change.

Thank you