Changes to PVP?

Comments

• FatCat69 wrote: »
    1. You did update, right?
    2. What's your level?

I'm not seeing many tough opponents out there. Pretty easy to put together a 20-streak without even trying. Highest I saw was a 222 streak.

Yes I updated and I'm level 70. Today however it was pretty normal again except for the opponents changing positions in the lineup.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • Too much work!

• Same issue. I'm getting creamed by players easily 10k-15k above me. Not to mention losing 20 trophies for each loss.

How the @#%# does that make sense? Losing to a similar leveled/runed player means losing 9-12 trophies but losing to one well above me means losing more?
  • Fix this God damnit this should not be night 1
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Matchmaking is still broken.
    I appreciate this season's rune and that we're not seeing the same runes in rotation anymore, but it's really hard to enjoy pvp for Boss100 players when your opponents are lvl 65s or when they have 2k rune power.
    And I'm sure it is not fun for those guys as well to get 30 attacks a day from top players.
    I think you definitely should make it a priority to fix matchmaking as soon as possible.
  • I'm seeing the same issues as well. This morning I have all three opponents over 5k rune power, so all "hard" opponents. I beat the one on the far right, and then the ones in the first two slots shifted right. The "easy" option was replaced by another 5k rune power team.

Any status update on the investigation into this? Thanks
  • I've submitted a ticket to support about this issue 4 days ago, the excessive attack count .. and I got the most fabulous reply ever (none) ..
    its annoying to know that this is not how its supposed to be, yet no one knows how its supposed to be :D .. its a mess !
  • You realize we just had a weekend, right?
  • Its been long enough, any chance we can get an update on this issue? With this new hero and new runes pvp has some great potential to be fun for a while if matchmaking gets fixed.
    Gmun
  • @FatCat69 does that mean 4 days is not long? anyway .. the issue's been known for awhile, did that help anyone affected ?
  • I don't know if their 72 hour response time is supposed to include weekends or just business days. I would hope for a response today.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I don't know if their 72 hour response time is supposed to include weekends or just business days. I would hope for a response today.

It doesn't include weekends
  • edited September 19
    Im level 56 and Im seeing lvl 64 on my rival selection although their teams are like super weak. Basically over levelled noobs (for me)
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • It's being actively investigated to see how many gems they can get out of people trying to stay in the top 100. lol
    malphius
  • Rkr1970 wrote: »
    WHAT THE CRAP?????44z2vevgb7xc.jpg

Just hit back and go back in and it'll populate the 3 options.

Why do people freak out over the smallest things without first just trying to refresh?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Why do people freak out over the smallest things without first just trying to refresh?

People get freaky
  • Please please please tell me matchmaking will be fixed with start of the new season. :#
    Gmun
  • The Combat will be coming soon but probably not this new season
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    edited September 20
    The grind this season is crazy!! Please fix the easy as hell matchmaking so maintaining boss 100 will require a bit of skill again.
  • Any update on this issue, @Joel ? Mid-60's players are getting absolutely clobbered (I know one who's been attacked almost 400 times this season) and the Boss 100 numbers are ridiculously inflated because it's so hard for better-runed 70s to lose these easy matchups.
  • Thank you for the new beast teams. You have managed to isolate so many great players who thought pvp was challenging enough. Not impressed.
  • A new character who resurrects an entire team on death. Yup, thats a great addition to pvp. I'm being sarcastic in case you hadn't noticed!
  • I can't stand the addition of Solaris, every team now is either a Solaris beast team that fully rezzes or some other 5K+ team when it's not. I'm not a top PvPer nor do I want to be but usually by this time I'm at least 5k higher than I am and it's 100% because I can't maintain a streak any more because it's pretty much all Solaris teams who just come right back. As if the self Rez, Rez all beasts, don't let hopper work, and Rez everyone abilities aren't enough Solaris heals, cleanses, and heals when she attacks. Oh and is immune to fire and spirit. More overpowered than all the other heroes everyone complains about.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    I can't stand the addition of Solaris, every team now is either a Solaris beast team that fully rezzes or some other 5K+ team when it's not. I'm not a top PvPer nor do I want to be but usually by this time I'm at least 5k higher than I am and it's 100% because I can't maintain a streak any more because it's pretty much all Solaris teams who just come right back. As if the self Rez, Rez all beasts, don't let hopper work, and Rez everyone abilities aren't enough Solaris heals, cleanses, and heals when she attacks. Oh and is immune to fire and spirit. More overpowered than all the other heroes everyone complains about.

even MK????
  • I’m not surprised at all that BF gave us the bird.
  • A new character who resurrects an entire team on death. Yup, thats a great addition to pvp. I'm being sarcastic in case you hadn't noticed!

You have many ways to counter this (just like everything in pvp).

Fear
    Freeze
    Silence
    Purge/ Hopper or Leo

If the whole team dies, there's no res.
    If she's silenced, she can't use her 3rd skill to res heroes.
    If they're feared off the screen, they're gone.
    If she's frozen, she can't use her skills.
    If there's no feathers, then Hopper or Leo can remove them. (Feathers only last 3 turns and disappear from corpses)

Is Solaris hard to beat? Yes. You wouldn't want a Legendary Beast Healer to be easy... cause then you'd be making posts about the "new hero sux/is weak/not worth"

I'm not jealous of the devs, trying to please everyone must be exhausting.

PVP's too easy.. they make it harder, then people whine about it being too hard.

• you changed nothing. Still getting attacked by top 20 players while i sit at Champion 3. I would ask why i am even on this persons radar?
  • Probably something to do with rune power or level. If the difference is too big then I have no idea @Subatai
  • So after frustratingly loosing a ~30 win streak because every team was Solaris Beast team I sat back and blew 10K+ gems and materials and buffed up my own beast team. I already had Solaris all superior and Grog is decent enough if not all superior but I made new runes for most of the other beasts (most of them for variety and to use against specific enemy teams) and now if I am careful I can generally beat other Solaris teams though there is some risk and some of them I still avoid for now. I can also use them to beat most of the other high power teams I found annoying before. I hate the fact that I just had to do what everyone else was doing.

Moral of the Story: DB sets the meta we all just have to use it.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • Subatai wrote: »
    you changed nothing. Still getting attacked by top 20 players while i sit at Champion 3. I would ask why i am even on this persons radar?

League has zero to do with matchmaking when it comes to who can attack you. Being in a low league typically just indicates you aren't doing much raiding, not that you are a weak player/roster.

League does affect who you will see as raidable defenses, i.e. when you're in the lowest leagues, you will not see the hardest teams for you Easy, Medium, or Hard option.

But as long as your account qualifies for raiding, i.e. level 64-70 and decent roster power, you'll show up as a raidable defense for us. Doesn't matter if you're groveling down in Recruit or whatever.