Changes to PVP?

13»

Comments

• FatCat69 wrote: »
    Subatai wrote: »
    you changed nothing. Still getting attacked by top 20 players while i sit at Champion 3. I would ask why i am even on this persons radar?

League has zero to do with matchmaking when it comes to who can attack you. Being in a low league typically just indicates you aren't doing much raiding, not that you are a weak player/roster.

League does affect who you will see as raidable defenses, i.e. when you're in the lowest leagues, you will not see the hardest teams for you Easy, Medium, or Hard option.

But as long as your account qualifies for raiding, i.e. level 64-70 and decent roster power, you'll show up as a raidable defense for us. Doesn't matter if you're groveling down in Recruit or whatever.

I'll echo FatCat --- if you're at the correct Level and Roster Power, you are eligible to be attacked.

I *believe* that as your league increases, the lvl of opponents increase. So if you're say a lvl 62 and make it all the way to Legend I, you can be presented with lvl 70 players as your option to attack.

But there's nothing saving a lvl 70 from being attacked by other lvl 70s, regardless of what league you're in.

You have a strong roster? You're fair game.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 3
    I’m still surprised that a 62 is seeing 70s. That’s too much of a gap. Will likely make it difficult to have a meaningful contribution during the PVP event if they can’t ever do a Hard option. That being said, makes me thankful that some people aren’t willing to level up; less competition for the PVP event.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I’m still surprised that a 62 is seeing 70s. That’s too much of a gap. Will likely make it difficult to have a meaningful contribution during the PVP event if they can’t ever do a Hard option. That being said, makes me thankful that some people aren’t willing to level up; less competition for the PVP event.

I remember reading about the system and how the level spread of the opponents would increase as a player moves up in rankings.

For example a lvl 62 in Recruit or Gladiator should only ever see lvl 58-64 opponents. (my rough guess)

Once that same player hits Warlord, it probably opens up to lvl 68 players, and in Legend, lvl 70s.

• I guess that's the "soft ceiling" mama always warned me about.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Matchmaking still broken. I just saw last season's legendary conqueror as my "easy" option. I have no doubt that if I beat the hard team the easy team will just slide over to the right.

Easy fix would be to keep matchmaking as is, but set limits on how high a rune power team can be in the easy and medium slots. There shouldn't be 5000+ rune power teams in the easy and medium slots.
  • li30li30 Member
    Foozle wrote: »
    Easy fix would be to keep matchmaking as is, but set limits on how high a rune power team can be in the easy and medium slots. There shouldn't be 5000+ rune power teams in the easy and medium slots.

Not to mention a 62 M slot 5592 rune power level 70
  • PvP matches seem harder now. So can I just ask - does roster power make a difference? If I remove runes from a load of heroes seldom used (for anything) will I get easier matches?
  • gradders wrote: »
    PvP matches seem harder now. So can I just ask - does roster power make a difference? If I remove runes from a load of heroes seldom used (for anything) will I get easier matches?

Yes you should see a increase in easier opponents if you go from 30 heroes runed to only 4 heroes runed.
  • @rocksor Thanks. Next free unequip I'm going to be removing a load of runes...
  • gmungmun Member
    I think pvp is a bit harder right now because a lot of higher roster power players have been pvp'ing a lot to position themselves for the coming guild games this weekend.
    Gmun
13»