This is ridiculous

2»

Comments

• Several from our Guilds have reported being bitten by the Blue Orb of Death, as others have described above. It has happened to me personally on two occasions, in the middle of moderate win streaks (about 10-15). In each instance (in my case), there was nothing that preceded the BOoD (Blue Orb of Death). I selected my opponent, selected my team, and hit the Raid button. On the load screen, the BOoD appeared, and I had to force-close.

Reopen the app, return to My Dungeon, and find a replay-less loss.

I will try to pay greater attention to potential circumstances now, but I don't remember this EVER happening to be before the most recent update (which I generally quite LIKE, by the way).

-Flyte
  • Flyte wrote: »
    Several from our Guilds have reported being bitten by the Blue Orb of Death, as others have described above. It has happened to me personally on two occasions, in the middle of moderate win streaks (about 10-15). In each instance (in my case), there was nothing that preceded the BOoD (Blue Orb of Death). I selected my opponent, selected my team, and hit the Raid button. On the load screen, the BOoD appeared, and I had to force-close.

Reopen the app, return to My Dungeon, and find a replay-less loss.

I will try to pay greater attention to potential circumstances now, but I don't remember this EVER happening to be before the most recent update (which I generally quite LIKE, by the way).

-Flyte

By recent update, are you talking about the one that just came out on Sept 12?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are implementing a fix today that should stop the 'blue orb of death' crashes. Memory crashes are a separate issue that we are continuing to work on. While this is not a substitute for a proper fix on our part, closing and reopening the game every 20 raids or so will help mitigate memory crashes.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    We are implementing a fix today that should stop the 'blue orb of death' crashes. Memory crashes are a separate issue that we are continuing to work on. While this is not a substitute for a proper fix on our part, closing and reopening the game every 20 raids or so will help mitigate memory crashes.

In my first 14 games this season, I had an immediate crash upon hitting raid button twice.
    One continued, one didn't

Fatcat, the one that didn't, I turned off device and restarted- that did NOT prevent streak loss.

Joel, in neither case had I been playing the game more than ten minutes, in the streak loss, it was my first raid upon loading after waiting for a refresh, and also the first one upon entering Legendary 3.

You have designed a game where the programming cannot consistently support a major design feature of that game.

Then you introduce a rune this season that you had to expect people would go crazy over. This is a recipe for disaster and extremely upset people.

• danac wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Then you introduce a rune this season that you had to expect people would go crazy over. This is a recipe for disaster and extremely upset people.

I thought so at first, but without the PVP dmg reduction as the 4th stat - it's really not that good of a rune.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    danac wrote: »

I thought so at first, but without the PVP dmg reduction as the 4th stat - it's really not that good of a rune.

Depends. Electric skins are very useful.
    In any case, the leaderboard is the highest I've ever seen at this point.
  • I play this game on a 1st gen iPad Pro (the 12.9" model) and it has a ridiculous amount of storage still available and I do not run any heavy hitting programs in the background, and yet yesterday evening this game was constantly freezing/crashing. I was lucky and an open/close of the game would get me the this dungeon is in progress message do you want to continue or exit so I could continue and not lose any goodies...but yeah, the folks who do the coding for this game need to do better as the architecture of the game does not seem like it is able to support all of the enhancements/expansion that are part of the game after being around for 2+ years. Obviously, as Danac pointed out...this is a massive problem.

It feels like a foundation was built for a 70 story skyscraper but it is now being asked to support 110 floors, and 10 of those floors are being used to store 100lb concrete bags from floor to ceiling, the building will eventually collapse if improvements to the foundation are not made. I know that every second a game like this is not playable is money lost for Big Fish, but I suspect that one of these days BF will need to give its players a lot of notice ahead of time that they are taking the game down for 4-6 hours so not just bug fixes are applied during this time, but a major upgrade of the games architecture. Seriously, this needs to happen.
  • The issue is memory. Not storage. Amount of space left on your device is irrelevant.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Generally,
    Regarding your suggestion of not counting battles that don't have replays, that would not work because we only keep a certain number of replays on record at any given point, so that would not work as a solution.

I've never seen it get rid of a MORE RECENT replay prior to getting rid of all the PREVIOUS replays. Perhaps if the game sees that the most recent raid has no replay, while all the preceding ones DO, you can safely count that raid as null and void (or better yet, go ahead and launch back into that raid because you've already taken our raid ticket and we'd still really like to raid that defender).

This^^^^^
    I was going to post something along these lines. Well said, fatcat
  • Love this game
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
2»