First Guild Boss Invasion This Thursday - Info Here!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hi everyone!

The Guild Boss Invasion has begun! The main event discussion thread can be found HERE!

We're excited to announce that our newest event, the Guild Boss Invasion, will be running for the first time this Thursday through Sunday. This event has several mechanics that have never been used before, but is honestly more complex to write out than to actually understand. If you want the super abbreviated version of how the event works, you can read it HERE. :)

A few starting points of information:
  • Similar to past Guild events, the objective is to help you guild collect Guild Points.
  • Unlike Guild Games, this is NOT a competitive event! While there are leaderboards, your guild's payout at the end of the event will not be based on your ranking. Instead, we will be paying out prizes based on certain thresholds of Guild Points. These thresholds will be visible by tapping the "Rewards" button on the leaderboard.
  • Unlike Guild Games, you do NOT need to be in a guild before the event starts, and you CAN earn points for multiple guilds during the event. You may join and leave guilds to you heart's content and pitch in to help other guilds if you want, but you will only get rewards for the guild that you are in at the time of the payout.
  • The main event leaderboard cutoff will occur at 11pm CST on Sunday night and rewards will be distributed shortly after that time. Please allow around 15 minutes for rewards to be distributed after the cutoff time.
  • There will be day-long 10x repeatable quests available on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. These quests pay out Solaris tokens and count towards daily leaderboards that operate similarly to the daily quest leaderboard from the most recent Guild Games, but with the join/leave rules mentioned above. You can complete quests for multiple guilds, but you will only get the payout for the guild that you are in at the end of that 'day'. 3pm CST on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There will be no daily repeatable quest on Sunday. There is only one payout threshold for the daily leaderboards: 250 quest completions. This means if 25 people complete all 10 of their quests, everyone in the guild is set. If 50 people complete 5, the guild is set. If 50 people complete all 10 of their quests, the payout will be the same as if 25 people completed all 10 of their quests. If 25 people in your guild complete all 10 of their quests early on and you're feeling generous, you can hop into another guild that might be smaller and need some help getting to the 250 threshold, then return to your guild before 3pm CST the next day. Then both guilds will get the payout, but once again keep in mind that you'll only get the payout (or lack thereof) for the guild you're in at 3pm CST.

Now for the main event! The Guild Boss Invasion is built around special dungeons, but you cannot use stamina to run these dungeons, you need a new resource called Courage. Courage is a resource that we are using only for Boss Invasions. It will go away after the event and be reset in future Boss Invasion events, this is not something you need to track or tend to long-term.

How Courage Works:
  • All players will be given an amount of Courage for free each day. (120 on day 1, 40 each day after at 3pm CST.)
  • Additional Courage can be earned from quests throughout the event. (220 + 2 for each guildmate that completes certain quests. 520 Max across all quests for a guild of 50).
  • This comes to a total of 760 Courage per Player over the course of the event, if every Player in a 50-person Guild completes every Courage Quest.
  • If you want to contribute more to your guild, you can purchase special Courage offers in the shop. Each day you can purchase a “Guild Bomb” for 50 courage to you, and 2 Courage to each of your guildmates. You can also purchase a special 4x Point multiplier for the next 5 Courage dungeons you run, and 50 Courage (enough for 5 runs). NOTE: If you leave your guild and join a new one, you will not be able to purchase another Guild Bomb.
  • NOTE FROM JOEL: This functionality was a significant part of our update last week that wasn't immediately obvious. We're very excited to now have the ability to have individual actions benefit their guildmates in real time! Super fancy!

Guild Points:
  • Guild Points can only be earned in the Event dungeons that require Courage to enter. Each room in a dungeon pays out a specific amount of points upon completion. This means you will earn Guild Points even if you can’t finish a dungeon, if you complete at least 1 room.
  • As your Guild earns more Points, you will unlock new Event Dungeons. These dungeons are more challenging and pay out a higher amount of Guild Points.
  • The third and final Courage dungeon requires the new Legendary Hero, Solaris, to enter. Through event quests you can earn up to 200 Tokens for Solaris. You can also buy more tokens in the shop during the event.

Event Tickets:
  • The main way you earn tickets is by working together as a Guild to earn Guild Points that will be paid out on Sunday, but you also earn a few event tickets for each Courage Dungeon you complete.
  • The big reward for achieving 875,000 Guild Points is a brand-new type of special Rune called an “Incineration Rune”. Incineration runes only come as 5* Legendary, with a Burning Touch passive.
  • There are bonus rewards beyond the 875,000 Guild Point threshold, but these are considered a Bonus, and only earn additional tickets.
  • The event shop will open at the beginning of the event on Thursday and remain open until Tuesday. You will be able to earn tickets from event dungeons as well. PLEASE NOTE: The number of tickets you can earn in this event is notably less than the number you've been able to earn in other events, but the ticket shop prices have been scaled accordingly. Most of the purchases in the ticket shop will not be possible unless your guild reaches certain leaderboard payout thresholds. There are many rewards (and Solaris tokens!) that you can earn without tickets. The purchases available when the event starts on Thursday will be available throughout the event, and no new ticket purchases will be added to the shop during the event.

Other Notes:
  • There are individual quests available during this event. Rewards include Solaris tokens, Courage for you, and Courage for all your guildmates. Quests that pay out Courage to your guildmates will also pay out that amount of Courage to you. None of the quests will pay out Guild Points or tickets.
  • There is an event dungeon that requires Stamina and not Courage. This is intentional, and this dungeon does NOT pay out Guild Points, but has other rewards.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 12
    Me likey!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • It sounds like a lot of thought and planning went into this, but to be honest, my eyes glazed over partway through. We've got individual and guild courage, guild points, tickets, payout at 3pm's, results at 11PM, shop open till tuesday, repeatables, some dungeons for stamina and others not, and so on.

I'm going to have a guest this weekend, I'll be lucky to even get much DB time in, but when I do, I'm not even sure what to expect or what to choose to run.

I guess what I'm saying is, at a glance this seems very overwhelming if you don't have the time to do substantial homework, planning, and game time.

Technically very nice, though. The effort shows.

Signed,
    "cursed with Real Life"
  • Aw, I was hoping they'd pull a fast one and make Solaris the bad guy :(
  • Will Solaris be available through the portal as well or only through acquiring tokens?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    redster151 wrote: »
    Will Solaris be available through the portal as well or only through acquiring tokens?

Only through acquiring tokens. It will be possible to purchase some tokens for her in the ticket shop, but those tokens will only be available if you've already unlocked her.
  • A lot of hype around this. Fingers crossed its as good as we are hoping.
  • Doesn't leaving your Guild lose your (and more importantly the Guild's) Guild crowns?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    So, what exactly is courage? Besides an adorable pink dog?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Doesn't leaving your Guild lose your (and more importantly the Guild's) Guild crowns?

Yes, that remains true. The crown tournament and Boss Invasion event are separate.
  • So, what exactly is courage? Besides an adorable pink dog?

Whales have saved up most all other resources. But they have no courage. They have everything, but for courage, they need MasterCard.

• bvs72 wrote: »
    So, what exactly is courage? Besides an adorable pink dog?

Whales have saved up most all other resources. But they have no courage. They have everything, but for courage, they need MasterCard.

• Joel wrote: »
    @sirtainly, like I said, this is a lot more complex to explain than in actual implementation. I need to write out all the nitty-gritty details because it's new, but this event doesn't actually require much homework or planning on your part. Here's the event in a nutshell:
    • You start with one event dungeon unlocked and an amount of Courage. Enter event dungeon, smash enemies.
    • Get more Courage from quests and/or purchases. Smash enemies in the process.
    • Do daily quests daily for Solaris tokens and potentially more Courage. This will involve smashing enemies.
    • Your guild will naturally unlock the other two event dungeons over time. Run your choice of the three event dungeons. The second and third dungeons are harder, but pay out more points, so be careful. Be the smasher, not the smashed.
    • There's a stamina dungeon you can run for other stuff once it's unlocked. Run that one and smash those enemies if you feel like it.
    • Get tickets on Sunday night, spend them before 3pm CST Tuesday. Do not smash event tickets, it's not terribly productive, as they are already flat.

Joel, thank you very much for taking a minute to lay out the event in a nutshell. I'm sure it will benefit a great many readers and was well worth your time.

I absolutely understand and support the need for very specific and detailed descriptions, it answers many questions that players may have ahead of time, provides needed details and saves you work and players needless frustration

For people like me, your "nutshell" overview is extremely helpful - it boils the event down to what I need to know, and makes it more accessible. If I have any questions I can always go back and check the details.

• @Joel Is ferno going to be featured in the heroic portal? If not, then please open the VIP portal to all players only during this event. I would like ferno added to my roster.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • We don't know yet that Ferno will be important in this event. I think he probably will be useful, but not crucial. I doubt they will release him in heroic, but there might be tokens available. If they released him now, players who grinded the event a while ago and GG9 will be disappointed that their work was for nothing.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    We don't know yet that Ferno will be important in this event. I think he probably will be useful, but not crucial. I doubt they will release him in heroic, but there might be tokens available. If they released him now, players who grinded the event a while ago and GG9 will be disappointed that their work was for nothing.

errr, it was for something. Everybody expects Vip heroes to become available in Heroic at a later date.
  • With courage points and the like are there going to be any issues with different time zones and lining up quests, etc with the various resets?
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • Is Invasion going to be run weekly or will it run once a month like Guild Games?
  • Haven't seen one in PvP since around 2011 but any chance a blue champion rune might pop up somewhere in this gala event forthcoming? :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • So will Solaris be a 1* like Daeris when she first came out or is she a 3*? Also I think she's gonna have a reincarnate passive but when she dies she becomes a light hero instead of fire.
  • As your Guild earns more Points, you will unlock new Event Dungeons. These dungeons are more challenging and pay out a higher amount of Guild Points.

So does this mean that spending your courage later gives you an advantage over the rest of your guild who only ran the first dungeon? The rewards are personal, so the more points you earn, the higher your personal reward? People can wait until everything is unlocked and gain an advantage.
  • @GamingLegit I think Eej said in the summit that she will be 3* to start. You will need 100 tokens to get her.
  • Guild Boss Invasion & Solaris sounds awesome! :)
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited September 13
    In the Summit, we were told that the hero team for the BI would be announced today. Fingers crossed that this is true!
    Post edited by heeler on
  • Sprayman wrote: »
    Is Invasion going to be run weekly or will it run once a month like Guild Games?

My response is not a definitive answer by any means, but I would think trying to do Guild Boss Invasions weekly would be way too much work for the devs and players. It will probably be every other month or so (alternating between regular guild games one month, and guild boss invasion the next).
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 13
    heeler wrote: »
    In the Summit, we were told that the hero team for the BI would be announced today. Finger crossed that this is true!

Darn, I was hoping for the hero team for the GAY. Maybe next time.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • @Joel want to share the cost of those boost and the courage bomb packs?
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    @GamingLegit I think Eej said in the summit that she will be 3* to start. You will need 100 tokens to get her.

Well crap. Just gonna be grinding from here on. But I guess it's good that the event dungeon uses courage instead of stamina so then I can grind for evos to ascend viperia and still do the event dungeon
    @Joel Is ferno going to be featured in the heroic portal? If not, then please open the VIP portal to all players only during this event. I would like ferno added to my roster.

I can't make any particular promises when it comes to portals, sorry.
    Sprayman wrote: »
    Is Invasion going to be run weekly or will it run once a month like Guild Games?

Exact frequency is still being determined, but it definitely won't be weekly.
    Haven't seen one in PvP since around 2011 but any chance a blue champion rune might pop up somewhere in this gala event forthcoming? :)

I'm not sure how you were playing Dungeon Boss in 2011, but Champion Runes aren't part of this event.
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    @GamingLegit I think Eej said in the summit that she will be 3* to start. You will need 100 tokens to get her.

This is correct.
    @Joel want to share the cost of those boost and the courage bomb packs?

I do not have exact cost information that I can share at this time.
  • @Joel:

Communications-wise, you are absolutely knocking it out of the park! Thank you!

Format-wise, this event looks like it has some SERIOUS potential! Thank you, again!

-Flyte

PS: Is it Thursday, 3PM CST yet...? (C'mon clock... run FASTER!)