First Guild Boss Invasion This Thursday - Info Here!

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    As for the dungeon difficulty, this event was indeed meant to be more challenging than others we have run in the past, but it is not meant to be oppressive. We will be analyzing data regarding dungeon completion at the end of the event and will use that to plan future events.

I don't think that the issue is that the dungeons are hard but rather that they are ALL very hard. Sure we figured it out but there are still a lot lof guild members with under developed rosters that can't finish them even with friends. A better approach would be to have something like boss mode or the Islands where the dungeons are tiered with appropriate awards.

Regarding the "Death From Above" quest, you picked one of rarest classes of heroes to complete the quest. only one of which is easily attainable. If you want to do that, fine, but at least provide a ride-along dungeon that offers a reasonable amount of kills to make the quest attainable.
  • I find that humorous. Only 29 guilds made the cutoff?

I would've assumed that the ones who found the event dungeons to be impossible would have focused their time and energy instead on the repeatable and so that MORE of them would've crossed the 250 run threshold for the defense boost.

Perhaps there should have been some guild points associated with the repeatable to steer them in that direction. I would've assumed that the Solaris tokens would have been more of a draw.
  • @FatCat69 the problem was it was unclear it was ending right then. I assumed I had a few days to get 10 runs so we would get the boost on the last day.
  • Craft a red or yellow rune. Check the new type.[/quote]

Super! Thank you!
  • @TORBUK it might be worthwhile to save the heart as they will be releasing new craftable runes in addition to red and yellow.

Yes, that's great advice. Will do! Much thanks!
  • I can't QUITE clear the final dungeon...can make it to the last room, but I'm just exhausted at that point. In terms of actual feedback, this dungeon is too 'immune' to everything. I was expecting an actual boss of some kind at the end, not even more of the annoying 'I'm just kind of immune to everything and am a Plant' roots. It SEVERELY restricts what is even effective in the dungeon, and while I had no real trouble with the previous two dungeons (I found them challenging but not unfair), but the sheer beef and resistances/immunities on the dungeon unique enemies are just to such an incredible degree I don't even enjoy fighting, it's just a painful slog.
  • Uratoh wrote: »
    I can't QUITE clear the final dungeon...can make it to the last room, but I'm just exhausted at that point. In terms of actual feedback, this dungeon is too 'immune' to everything. I was expecting an actual boss of some kind at the end, not even more of the annoying 'I'm just kind of immune to everything and am a Plant' roots. It SEVERELY restricts what is even effective in the dungeon, and while I had no real trouble with the previous two dungeons (I found them challenging but not unfair), but the sheer beef and resistances/immunities on the dungeon unique enemies are just to such an incredible degree I don't even enjoy fighting, it's just a painful slog.

With even halfway decent greater runes on Solaris/torchy/bauble/Ferno, they will be able to auto run (with abilities) the last room. If struggling, use a friend's Koros to knock all the roots down pretty low right off the bat.
  • Uratoh wrote: »
    I was expecting an actual boss of some kind at the end, not even more of the annoying 'I'm just kind of immune to everything and am a Plant' roots.

Can't help but agree with this part. Am pretty happy with everything else about it, but not having a different repeatable each day and not coming up with an actual boss to fight in a "boss invasion" are two decisions that reek of "ran out of time". Which I don't understand given the months and months of buildup and delays before it was released.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess part of me was under the impression that guild boss battles were going to be something fundamentally different than how we play most other events, given the time it took to implement. In the end, it was months of work and months of no other new content in exchange for essentially a counter that tracks guild completions of regular dungeons and occasionally mails the rest of the guild.
  • hi all, just my two cts
    for the record i am 68 lvl

I was "prepared" for this event, saved 10M gold, 2500 gems (never had so much), stocked materials for crafting 2 greater legendary runes of each color, and spared has much evos I found, so did I for xp.
    So ferno and bauble where leveled up and "properly" geared!
    Overall the event was cool, but ...

I found the two first dungeon very good.
    They where chalenging but doable (the lasts event ones were always impossible for me at a certain point).
    I first started with torchy and ferno the first to optimize the 10x quest, and finaly user real beasts :)
    I earned Solaris very soon, bur with her evo's ascension cost -> impossible !!!
    In the second one I started to keep resurect my guys until running out of friend healer and potion!
    So once again I found a different solution, kill the mid boss with friend before be killed!

I ended with 13k pts without a lost in the two dungeons.
    Courage is good : no need to be a end player / vip user to play it truly!!!
    Ok you need to have friends (aka guild) :)

In the same time my guild's mate where in difficulty to achieve the dungeon with the "classic" autorun team they have.
    At a time a mate brought a full tuned solaris in the equation and it was really funny easy for him.
    So the difficulty was , for me, to analyse the "battles" (**** shade) and craft a team that would do the job, or use the team the dungeons where created for.

So overall -> It was a good event, frustating perhaps, or rater certainly :)

But the repeatable quest, paste the hour to find the best dungeons to run, was really really time consuming and boring!!!
    At least you should reward more the guild for doing that, or lessen the 250 completions : 30/40 guilds only got the daily bonus (great idea by the way).
    There were a lot of guild mate who didn't realy do those quest.
    Cause you know :smile:
    - torchy : every one got it early, you can easely loot for token (it's a master piece of my pvp team).
    - ferno : we got an event to unlock it, but its vip
    - bauble : we got an event to get a lot of token, but you need a lot lot tokens to make it usefull, in pvp only?
    - solaris : easy to get, to gear, but to evolve? noooo

It was a good event, you just need to smooth it a little bit for the next time : difficult dungeons for end user (add scalable by team power perhaps?), repeatable quest for the others.

I still dream about that marvelous red rune I will never have ...

:p)

• artech wrote: »

But the repeatable quest, paste the hour to find the best dungeons to run, was really really time consuming and boring!!!
    At least you should reward more the guild for doing that, or lessen the 250 completions : 30/40 guilds only got the daily bonus (great idea by the way).
    There were a lot of guild mate who didn't realy do those quest.
    Cause you know :smile:
    - torchy : every one got it early, you can easely loot for token (it's a master piece of my pvp team).
    - ferno : we got an event to unlock it, but its vip
    - bauble : we got an event to get a lot of token, but you need a lot lot tokens to make it usefull, in pvp only?
    - solaris : easy to get, to gear, but to evolve? noooo

It was a good event, you just need to smooth it a little bit for the next time : difficult dungeons for end user (add scalable by team power perhaps?), repeatable quest for the others.

I still dream about that marvelous red rune I will never have ...

:p)

Zen is also a flying hero btw, so I used him for the day 1-2 flying kills until I got Solaris.

Therein lies the benefit of having played for longer.

I knew immediately that 20-4 was going to give me 26 kills per run, so I went there and ran it constantly. I knew I could get the needed stamina from the tower. I got Solaris early on the second day, and had all the evos lying around ready to use bar one celestial, not hard to create. I have experience potions in buckets since I haven't had to level a hero for months. I have over 100 million gold saved, so again no problem leveling her skills.

The only problem I had was finding some decent runes to power up the final four flyers for the last dungeon. Runes is where I still lag behind the top players, and as it takes gems to craft what you need, or time to earn them as rewards, I've a long way to go there.

was able to strip a few runes off heroes I don't currently use (again a gold reserve helps) , and once my Guild earned the defense bonus the third dungeon became an autorun except if Shade turned up, in which case I made sure to cleanse his spirit link immediately with Solaris.

Again, people seem to think that every event should be designed so that every player can do all the quests and all the dungeons, regardless of their roster strength or playing time. This game has never been that way, nor should it.

• I did all of them with ease, seriously just do spirits rest in chapter 5 or infinite army. Got 40 tokens everyday
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Again, people seem to think that every event should be designed so that every player can do all the quests and all the dungeons, regardless of their roster strength or playing time. This game has never been that way, nor should it.

It's an event that was built around the concept of cooperation within a guild to get rewards. It should attempt to include all members from all guilds and not just pander to the top 20 or 30 or 50 guilds that are loaded with the top players. It failed and I am confident the data will show that.
  • While I had no difficulty grinding my way to 1200 kills all 3 days, it sucks to sit there playing for 3-4 hours just to get the tokens that I'm unable to earn otherwise since, being 70th level, I'm considered on par with the really heavy hitters!

Also, there seems to be a VERY legitimate, and demonstrable, complaint about the difficulty of the event. Just over 50 guilds made the top prize and well under 100 got the 2nd prize! (I realize that at the time I'm writing this, there's still an hour left in the event, but let's not fool ourselves.... It's not changing! Last I looked there were 80 or 81 teams who hit the second prize!) My guild is ranked around the 100th place (110ish, IIRC) and we had 1/3 of the points needed to get the 2nd chest/award. According to my guildmates, most of whom are also level 70, we just couldn't consistently beat the second dungeon. I probably spent 30 hours playing this weekend, yet now know that I should have quit as soon as I got Solaris. The extra event tickets? I can turn them into gold since I didn't earn enough outside of the award to do anything else with them. YAY!!!

Bad show all around, folks. Love Solaris! Liked the courage concept. Hated most everything else by the time I was done. Would have rage-quit for several weeks, but too much time and money in this game means I can't just walk away!
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited September 18
    Never mind
    Post edited by jmcraven on
  • And of course the in-game message with the incorrect end-time... It really makes you just shake your head. How can they make such a great game yet be so inept in some aspects.
  • In my opinion, the amount of time (and gems) spent vs the pay off this event was very unbalanced. I had high expectations of this event but ultimately these expectations were not met. I disliked the endless grinding of dungeons that was required during this event. I mean, to have me kill with flyers is one thing, but to have me kill over 3000 enemies over 3 days is just plainly bpring and offputting. I completed the event, but will definitely not participate if this quest will be the basis of another event.

The same was actually true for the main event. We had to basically run as many times through the same dungeon until we could advance to the 2nd one and later the 3rd. It feels uncreative to me, especially since the expectations were set pretty high.

Lastly the epic bosses turned out to be 'just' existing heroes with a few extra buffs. I had expected after such delay that we would at least be introduced to a new sulfurious or sth, in stead of roots.

To end with something positive, it was good to have a common goal with the guild to strive for. At lvl 69 and with the DEF boost for flying heroes I didn't have too much problems with the difficulty. But as said before, the DEF boost was hard to get and without it the difficulty became disencouraging for some players.
    To sum it up, the pay off and diversity of the quests need some serious attention. The difficulty and creativity might need some tweaking.
  • an event should be not pay to get, that is just a new type of offer, and seriously the amount of pay far exceeds the cost of the rewards ..
    plus, it didn't matter how the players performed, or how well prepared they were .. only thing that mattered was how much you were willing to pay for whatever new stuff there are ..

6/10 rating for obvious reasons, the games were fun .. but that was it !
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 18
    a7mad3ezz wrote: »
    an event should be not pay to get, that is just a new type of offer, and seriously the amount of pay far exceeds the cost of the rewards ..
    plus, it didn't matter how the players performed, or how well prepared they were .. only thing that mattered was how much you were willing to pay for whatever new stuff there are ..

6/10 rating for obvious reasons, the games were fun .. but that was it !

How do you expect the developers to make money? There is no subscription to the game, and as a free game with no ads, why complain about needing to shell out money to make it to the top?

A lot can be accomplished for free if you take your time and spend in game gems wisely.
    TWilliams wrote: »
    It's an event that was built around the concept of cooperation within a guild to get rewards. It should attempt to include all members from all guilds and not just pander to the top 20 or 30 or 50 guilds that are loaded with the top players. It failed and I am confident the data will show that.

Sorry but my guild isn't loaded with top players. Maybe 1 or 2 make it to the Boss 100. In fact during the event, 25% of the guild did not make more than 5000 points because they couldn't beat the event dungeons or life had more precedence. At the end of the event, we made 1.1 million points because about 10-15 guild members were willing to spend real money to buy the boosts as much as possible. If anything my guild showed cooperation and willingness to spend real money was enough to get the red rune reward.
  • I ended up with Solaris at 4* and 40/150, and I'm free to play.
  • ODPODP Member
    I loved this event, I think it had the right amount of difficulty, and really brought a lot of great things out from my guild. Besides the complaint about the mail, and the proper messaging about the repeatable quest, the biggest complaint is really the lack of a boss in the boss invasion. All that, and we end up batting a bunch of sticks? Even my kid was like, that's it?
  • I only ended up with 96 Solaris tokens because of life commitments that didn't give me the time for the fliers quest each day. I accept that as my own choice, but I'm worried when more Solaris tokens will be available.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 18
    sirtainly wrote: »
    I only ended up with 96 Solaris tokens because of life commitments that didn't give me the time for the fliers quest each day. I accept that as my own choice, but I'm worried when more Solaris tokens will be available.

Were you able to get 1000 event tickets? 10 tokens are available to purchase (max 5 times purchase) for Solaris in the Shop.
  • @Rocksor I wasn't complaining about what the devs do to collect revenue, what I was saying is, an event is a big festival of sorts, which should focus more on entertainment than payment, and in return there should be rewards depending on the efforts, and the efforts should never be the money spent but the time spent and planning that went through ..

everything was fun, but without paying you can never get past a certain spot, everyone knows that, you mentioned it yourself while talking about your own guild that a few of your members had to pay to get you all there ..

think about what I am saying as a note or an advice for future arrangements, more than it being whining, I am content with what I got actually (4* Solaris and 2 corrupted hearts and a good experience with beasts and fliers) ..

but due to the in-ability of most players in my guild to pay for the boosters, which is only natural since not everyone actually has the luxury of being able to spend on a game, we couldn't make it to first top prize despite all the effort .. still people who can pay would pay and support the game devs, but the ones who can't pay should have a chance to get cool prizes as well ..
  • a7mad3ezz wrote: »

but due to the in-ability of most players in my guild to pay for the boosters, which is only natural since not everyone actually has the luxury of being able to spend on a game, we couldn't make it to first top prize despite all the effort .. still people who can pay would pay and support the game devs, but the ones who can't pay should have a chance to get cool prizes as well ..

I only used in-game earned resources for this event - about 2000-2500 gems for the 4x boosts. About a week's worth of daily gem collection. 1300 of those I earned back during the event.

Most of my Guild was the same, and we ended up in the top 20. A few people may have spent cash but it's not required by the Guild, and as we cleared the target handsomely by 11am on the last day I suspect with hindsight it wasn't strictly necessary.

You don't have to soend money to be successful, but you do need a developed roster and some in-game earned resources stocked up.

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited September 18
    I'll echo Barley --

No one needed to spend any money to achieve the 25000 point goal for the 4 step quest. I spent $20 unlocking Solaris because I wanted to support the game.

But I ended up with a 4* 140/150 Solaris... Take away 100 of that from the purchase and she would have been 4* and 40/150. She made the second dungeon easier, but I don't feel she was necessary.

If Shade popped up, I used a friend's Koros to blow up his Spirit Link.

One hundred and twenty (120) tokens from a grind (like Shade's was) for a legendary beast healer. Worth it imo. Even without a guild you could unlock her.. pretty generous of DB. Sure it was a time sink, but a free legendary beast healer.... to the complainers, I mean, you realize they didn't have to give you 120 free tokens in the first place.

• RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 18

+1 to Barleyman and Kalamadea

@a7mad3ezz

875,000 points is easily attainable if all 50 guild members were about to collect ~18000 points over the course of the event. I didn't spend any money, and was able to get ~15,000 points the first day with only the 2nd dungeon unlocked and using 3 boosts because I wanted to summon Solaris on Day 1.

• whatever you say, man. you got your prize and you could do whatever you needed to get to it ..
    you are not BigFish, you are a player just as I am, I have my right to show them my thoughts about the features they add just because I am a player, even if I am not much of a GOOD player such as yourself ..

so if you please could stop just trying to show me how unimportant my thoughts on the new feature and event are, i'll be really grateful .. thank you!
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited September 18
    whatever you say, man. you got your prize and you could do whatever you needed to get to it ..
    you are not BigFish, you are a player just as I am, I have my right to show them my thoughts about the features they add just because I am a player, even if I am not much of a GOOD player such as yourself ..

so if you please could stop just trying to show me how unimportant my thoughts on the new feature and event are, i'll be really grateful .. thank you!

@a7mad3ezz With all due respect, if you post a comment in a public forum like this, you have to expect people may react to it and not always positively. If your goal was to inform BigFish about your feelings on the subject and didn't want any public scrutiny, a better avenue might have been to send a private message to one of the forum moderators.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    whatever you say, man. you got your prize and you could do whatever you needed to get to it ..

@a7mad3ezz With all due respect, if you post a comment in a public forum like this, you have to expect people may react to it and not always positively. If your goal was to inform BigFish about your feelings on the subject and didn't want any public scrutiny, a better avenue might have been to send a private message to one of the forum moderators.

Dude, with all due respect to you, NO ONE should be responding to anyone's post negatively unless they are returning the favor. Ever hear of " don't say anything if you can't say something nice" or " you get what you give"? I also am tired of the handful of "know it all" players who always down grade other people's comments. Instead of telling the poster to just live with it because his post should be on a different board, how about telling off the posters who write insulting, condescending, or otherwise negative posts directed at other players. I have run in to before. You make a comment on some aspect of play and the "know it alls" jump in with their condescending, unsolicited advise.

To the 1st dude; post wherever you want.

To everyone else; stop with the condescending insults & unsolicited advise. If you can't manage to write something that's not insulting then keep you fingers off the keyboard.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Alright folks, things are getting a little heated here. Please keep your comments constructive.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com