Can we ease up on the use of potions for event quests?

2»

Comments

• heelerheeler Member
    edited September 22
    True, it is not "for no reason." But it is a resource you wouldn't otherwise be using. And we aren't using it the way it is intended. Potions are meant to DO something, but when they are required in a quest like this, they don't do that thing. We don't really need to heel or energize our hero, we just force that on them, unneeded. Hence, it is a waste - and is also tedious. And, yes, using friends is the same, in that it isn't really "needed" that often for many of us, but at least you are helping your friend so that is ideal; plus you get a key yourself if you need it.
    Post edited by heeler on
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    I have almost 1,000 health pots, but I am constantly buying energy pots, mainly b/c these events always call for them. I wouldn't say it would make me a noob though.

Where are you buying them? I'm capped at 20 apparently, more than that and I'm not allowed to buy them even if I want to.

I can only get potions from the portals or occasional quest rewards. The Great summon gives both energy and health potions, but it's not reliable and is terribly slow to process.

• I have a feeling most of us picked them up in the Great Summons when we were spamming it with millions of gold trying to get Bovus tokens.
  • 12 yesterday, then 15 for the Raijin Robes questline, 12 again today...

Someone is taking the mickey.
  • Or in the pocket of the Big Potion lobby. ;)
  • Anyone use a majority of the exp potions? I have 999 of the lower 3 exp potions, and have no inclination to run xp island. I would run it if it were health or energy potion island though.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited September 23
    Barleyman wrote: »
    12 yesterday, then 15 for the Raijin Robes questline, 12 again today...

Someone is taking the mickey.

I feel like they took my polite request - lower the potions required and be more creative by replacing the quest with something beneficial – and just took a dump on it.

@Joel Why punish the player base for my suggestion, I’m asking to ease up on the newer players.

Better quest ideas:

Click sparkles
    Earn crowns
    Use friends
    Equip runes
    Beat 3 tower floors
    Earn gold
    Earn gems
    Earn honor
    Acquire mats - 5 plant mats, 5 crystals, 5 metals, etc
    Spend stamina
    Collect evos
    Use all X type team to clear Y number of dungeons (beasts/undead/constructs, all Fire/water/yellow)

I’m sure others can think of more, but all of these encourage game play, most of which is done through normal activities.
    Post edited by kalamadea on

• They should do something like kill this hero five times and get five of their tokens. So the rarity of the hero would vary the difficulty of getting the tokens
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 23
    Even when I was low level I never used 39 potions in two days.
  • kalamadea wrote: »

Better quest ideas:

I’m sure others can think of more, but all of these encourage game play, most of which is done through normal activities.

-Kill baby seals.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    I have almost 1,000 health pots, but I am constantly buying energy pots, mainly b/c these events always call for them. I wouldn't say it would make me a noob though.

Where are you buying them? I'm capped at 20 apparently, more than that and I'm not allowed to buy them even if I want to.

I can only get potions from the portals or occasional quest rewards. The Great summon gives both energy and health potions, but it's not reliable and is terribly slow to process.

Don't use potions. You shouldn't need to now. Just let them accumulate.
    And, yes, you need to dump gold into the Great Summons to get health potions.
    Energy I think comes out more frequently in Honor Portal.

I'm still gaining in number of potions despite these inane use potion quests, so accumulating them should not be a problem.

Also, consider timing your quests. As of now, if you have a chain quest, it's highly likely you will get both a use potions and a use friends quest in that chain.
    If you see a daily event use potions quest, consider holding off on completing it until it comes up in the chain quest. You don't lose anything by not completing day one quests until later in the event.

2»