Hero Spotlight: Solaris

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 14 in Hero Spotlights
v0swfwhc0v6z.png

Background:
A hooded figure trudged through the knee-deep snow, his cloak billowing in the wind. He adjusted his hood against the cold, shivering, but couldn’t wipe the evil smirk off his face. Dark Winter was proceeding exactly as his master had planned. Seeking warmth and protection, Forest creatures dove deep into burrows, where the roots of corruption could transform them filling the forest with minions of the Boss of Darkness.

He turned to leave, as the sun rose behind him… but night had just fallen, and behind him was due north. He whipped around to face the light only to see searing flames racing toward him. He dropped behind the nearest snowbank as the world erupted in steam and blazing heat. Swooping overhead, a bird made of pure fire let out a challenging cry. Grimacing, the man stood and drew in a dark power and threw a bolt of raw spirit energy at his foe. The corrupting energy splashed harmlessly off the fiery being eliciting a mocking screech as it swept around for another pass.
Powerless the man gulped and fled.

But the dark work was done: Numerous forest denizens emerged corrupted by evil roots. The Phoenix, Solaris, as she came to be known, saved many more and ended the Dark Winter, with her fiery will alone. Solaris also made a vow to purify the corrupted and restore balance to the land, regardless of cost.

Most Hated Hero:
Pontifex – Pontifex has uses a dark magic to create a warped version of her power, and Solaris believes he has ties to those that corrupted the forest.

Element: Fire: +30% bonus against NATURE enemies, -25% vs WATER enemies.

Tags: Legendary Beast Healer

Traits:
  • FLYING – Takes less damage from Melee attacks.
  • MAGICAL – Takes less damage from non-Physical attacks.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Fire Bird – Ranged Fire attack on all enemies, with a chance to Burn. Heals all allies, and doubles the heal on kill.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo Monarch: 15
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 45
  • Dark Evo: 20
  • Arcane Evo: 4

New Traits!
  • FROM THE ASHES I – Passive with counters as cooldown: The Phoenix stores power over 3 turns. When fully charged, Phoenix Resurrects at the end of the round.
  • MYTHICAL BEAST – Allied beasts gain 20% HP for each beast on the team. Beasts start the dungeon with Phoenix Feathers
  • FIERY SOUL – Phoenix has a wild and untamable soul, making her Fire and Spirit Immune.

New Ability!
  • PHOENIX RISING – Heals and cleanses all allies, buffs her team to prevent corpses from being removed. (Phoenix Feather) Lasts 3 turns.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 45
  • Valkyrie Evo: 6
  • Incendiary Evo: 8
  • Mind’s Eye Evo: 4

New Traits!
  • PACK TACTICS – Boosted damage to Ogres and chance to Retaliate any attack against another Beast.
  • FROM THE ASHES II – Passive with counters as cooldown: Solaris stores power over 3 turns. When fully charged, Solaris and all beast allies resurrect at the end of the round. Starts Powered.

New Abilities!
  • FIRE & FLAMES – Sacrifices herself. Cooldown is based on how much damage allies receive. Uses one of the following depending on target:
  • IMMOLATING FLAMES –Targeting allies: revives and heals all allies and applies significant damage reduction for a turn.
  • ENGULFING FIRE –Targeting enemies: attacks all enemies with chance to burn.

In addition, Solaris adds the following abilities to beast heroes that are on the same team as her:
  • LEONIDUS – When on a team with Solaris, Leonidus Revives a second target with Secret to Eternal Life.
  • LUPINA – When on a team with Solaris, Lupina has a chance to follow up an allied beast attack
  • BOVUS – When on a team with Solaris, Crits will add a follow up attack
  • JABBER – When on a team with Solaris, Jabber lifesteals for 50% of the damage dealt
  • TORCHY – When on a team with Solaris, Torchy has a chance to spread fire to other enemies on hit
  • GROG-GNOG – When on a team with Solaris, Snow day generates a 2nd charge on himself
  • PIGNIUS – When on a team with Solaris, starts the dungeon taunting
  • JULIUS – When on a team with Solaris, starts the dungeon taunting

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Hot.

• Moltres would be proud
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited September 14
    The Solaris bundle to buy 100 tokens is not showing up for me on Nox or on my iphone. I have updated to the newest client on both. Going to try reinstalling the apps.

EDIT: reinstalling worked. maybe just a timing issue too.
  • edited September 14
    She sounds like an amazing legendary to tie the beast team around, can't wait to unlock her!

Though I'm finding it really ironic on how between water, nature, and fire, the one least associated with giving life has more heroes with "healer" than the other two combined.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • What is Solaris' Snow Day ability (assuming that, as a Beast, she has one)?
  • Uratoh wrote: »
    What is Solaris' Snow Day ability (assuming that, as a Beast, she has one)?

She does - it makes her aoe dmg attack also purge buffs.

• Interesting hero, counters hopper pretty well
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • any way to make it so that when Solaris does his third ability and sacrifices himself it doesn't turn off auto-run?
  • I just tested it in pvp and i have to say its very powerful. I dont even have right heroes or proper runes for pvp but he creates miracles :) Here is one replay i had few hours ago.
  • Just noticed one ai bug in pvp defence. While 2 of his allies are dead ai choosing to attack instead of resurrecting allies. As his title says its a healer and ai should be more focused on healing instead of damaging in my opinion.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like her, but it would be cool for a change to have a Fire hero who's first ability wasn't "AoE Fire attack with chance to Burn".
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    She sounds like an amazing legendary to tie the beast team around, can't wait to unlock her!

Though I'm finding it really ironic on how between water, nature, and fire, the one least associated with giving life has more heroes with "healer" than the other two combined.

It used to be there were no Fire healers at all.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Gladric wrote: »
    Just noticed one ai bug in pvp defence. While 2 of his allies are dead ai choosing to attack instead of resurrecting allies. As his title says its a healer and ai should be more focused on healing instead of damaging in my opinion.

Similar request -- in a PVE dungeon, she will execute her first two abilities and ignore dead heroes on the ground until the first two skills are spent.

From a programming perspective, what if her "Fires & Flames" was moved up to the first slot? Would the AI choose that first if available? @Joel @Eej

• It's not crystal clear to me what Pheonix Feathers do. After reading the description a few times I think Pheonix Feathers are what prevents corpses from being removed. Is this correct?
  • It's not crystal clear to me what Pheonix Feathers do. After reading the description a few times I think Pheonix Feathers are what prevents corpses from being removed. Is this correct?

Yes, Phoenix Feathers prevent corpses from being removed from the battle.
  • edited September 15
    Joel wrote: »
    FIERY SOUL – Phoenix has a wild and untamable soul, making her Fire and Spirit Immune.

So @DB_Dillon we went through this same thing when Ekko's epic came out. Immune to an element meant immune to the debuffs of that element as well. And you agreed which is why "Immune to light and spirit" on ekko literally means just that:
    cgpysne9sa3e.png
    9htddgik3z9o.png

But now I look at solaris and I see we have changed the meaning of immunity yet again. This time it means immune to spirit and fire damage and heavy resistance to the debuffs (but still a chance of running away in fear instead of resurrecting):
    00vy7a67rq2q.png
    gd3g9d1q8egu.png

Can we get some consistency with immunity here and get Solaris's resistances updated like we did with ekko's? Or can you explain the reasoning for making immunity mean heavy resistance to the debuffs this time?
    centralcommand
  • I'm confused with all the ways Solaris ressurects.

I know that when her "fury" builds up, you can choose her last ability to target your allies and will resurrect all dead allies and she dies. She then will revive in 2/3 turns? (does it vary?)

But also, sometimes I'll notice that if she dies, after a couple turns, she will resurrect herself and any other allies as well. What ability/trait is that?
  • I like her, but it would be cool for a change to have a Fire hero who's first ability wasn't "AoE Fire attack with chance to Burn".

You're in luck then. B/c her first ability is an AoE fire attack with chance to burn AND heals your part (2x healing if she kills someone)

• She sounds like an amazing legendary to tie the beast team around, can't wait to unlock her!

It used to be there were no Fire healers at all.

But is Ember not a fire healer?
  • @Deathwing999 We're talking before Ember. She was the first fire healer.
  • Cobressa is a healer but not effective
  • I'm autorunning Solaris and he only does his first ability. I think people were complaining previously that the 3rd ability was being used, sacrificing Solaris and interrupting autoruns. Was something changed where he won't do his 2nd and 3rd ability at all in autoruns?

Thanks
  • Why is solaris looking backwards in my character screen by default? Is she shy?
  • would've loved to have this happen in front of me :D
  • DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    FIERY SOUL – Phoenix has a wild and untamable soul, making her Fire and Spirit Immune.

So @DB_Dillon we went through this same thing when Ekko's epic came out. Immune to an element meant immune to the debuffs of that element as well. And you agreed which is why "Immune to light and spirit" on ekko literally means just that:
    cgpysne9sa3e.png
    9htddgik3z9o.png

But now I look at solaris and I see we have changed the meaning of immunity yet again. This time it means immune to spirit and fire damage and heavy resistance to the debuffs (but still a chance of running away in fear instead of resurrecting):
    00vy7a67rq2q.png
    gd3g9d1q8egu.png

Can we get some consistency with immunity here and get Solaris's resistances updated like we did with ekko's? Or can you explain the reasoning for making immunity mean heavy resistance to the debuffs this time?

This will be fixed soon. :)
  • Yay, now my Solaris will never, ever be fully dead because of not getting feared.
  • DB_Dillon wrote: »

cgpysne9sa3e.png
    9htddgik3z9o.png

00vy7a67rq2q.png
    gd3g9d1q8egu.png

This will be fixed soon. :)
    Thanks @DB_Dillon !
    centralcommand
  • Please fix ai for pvp defence. It plays like total idiot. skill 1 and then 2 and then 3. Lets say you lost 2 or 3 ally at first turn, she still keep casting fire bird to damage enemy instead of resurrecting allies and title says "healer"!
  • No plz dont make MK smarter on defence