The Guild Boss Invasion Has Begun! (Plus Beast Hero Updates!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
lnn49ztg1knn.png

It's time! Band together with your guild and prepare to crush some bosses! If you haven't read up on how this new event works, you can find all the details HERE or a TL;DR version of the details HERE!

This event also marks the release of our newest hero, Solaris! Read all about her awesomeness HERE.

In addition to Solaris herself, we have made the following hero changes:
  • LEONIDUS – When on a team with Solaris, Leonidus Revives a second target with Secret to Eternal Life.
  • LUPINA – When on a team with Solaris, Lupina has a chance to follow up an allied beast attack
  • BOVUS – When on a team with Solaris, Crits will add a follow up attack
  • JABBER – When on a team with Solaris, Jabber lifesteals for 50% of the damage dealt
  • TORCHY – When on a team with Solaris, Torchy has a chance to spread fire to other enemies on hit
  • GROG-GNOG – When on a team with Solaris, Snow day generates a 2nd charge on himself
  • PIGNIUS – When on a team with Solaris, starts the dungeon taunting
  • JULIUS – When on a team with Solaris, starts the dungeon taunting
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Like all the buffs except Pignius and Julius -- they need some love in that if they are going to be taunting, grants them a boost to defense.

"When on a team with Solaris, grants 25/50% bonus defense, starts the dungeon taunting"

• Runes not dropping in event dungeon.

My inventory is not full.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Runes not dropping in event dungeon.

It's a jackpot rune, so it won't drop very often, but it's there. :)
  • Joel wrote: »

Got one. Thanks for clarifying.

1gfcwr03zjne.png
    5hpt3y88xsus.png

• Are the giant tombstones supposed to do anything @Joel ?

I've clicked on a fair number of them and nothing happens.

• Important!
    Does the guild hero quest reset tomorrow?? @Joel
  • The Bauble Superior Bulwark Rune has Health, Health, Defense, rather than the expected Defense, Defense, Health. Any way to correct this after already purchased?
  • Fliers on team get special massive buff!

But we won't tell you what the buff is, it's a *mystery*!
  • ga4ooo2ga4ooo2 Member
    edited September 14
    Joel wrote: »

Why dungeons again are so hard aim lvl 70 and i cant win eny of the event dungeon. Is it on porpuse so this event wuld be frustrating?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Important!
    Does the guild hero quest reset tomorrow?? @Joel

It does not.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Are the giant tombstones supposed to do anything @Joel ?

I've clicked on a fair number of them and nothing happens.

They aren't supposed to do anything special unless they're sparkling. They're just different background objects.
    Foozle wrote: »
    The Bauble Superior Bulwark Rune has Health, Health, Defense, rather than the expected Defense, Defense, Health. Any way to correct this after already purchased?

I'm having this looked into.
  • The difficulty of the first event dungeon is too high. It's really not fun to attempt to run at all. I'm disappointed.
  • The difficulty of the first event dungeon is too high. It's really not fun to attempt to run at all. I'm disappointed.

Try to do the other quests to unlock Solaris -- I found the first dungeon is significantly easier with her on your team.

Torchy + Solaris + Ferno + Pignius just decimated the dungeon. Even when facing Shade (who is by far the deadliest thing in there).

• lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited September 15
    Doing the math it seems this event is geared to really push people to spend gems. SO FAR (and I recognize things could be different with subsequent days) there is almost no opportunity to earn tickets and the only way to earn guild points at a significant rate is to spend gems or cash on buying the 4x reward option and the extra courage. To get a guild to 875K points which, lets face it, is the goal (that rune and a big chunk of tickets to use to buy Solaris tokens or corrupted hearts to make more incineration or guardian runes is the real reward) means each player has to average to 17,500 points. This means, assuming the pay offs for each dungeon is similar (which it might not be given they should be harder), you need to spend a lot of gems. With the 4x reward you get 660 points from each run, for 2000 gems you can do that 20 times (if you have enough courage which you probably don't, so spend 1000 gems to get 50 more courage twice). So it seems like for 4000 gems you can get about 13200 guild points today. Add $16 and you can get another 6600. If everyone in the guild does that you can have the base rune containing reward for the guild. Double that base amount to get the top award which adds another 7000 tickets or the price of a single corrupted heart.

It just seems like too much for a single event. I hope there is significantly more payoff tomorrow. I would really like to see a hard working but fairly frugal guild be able to hit the base rune containing reward.

P.S. I think my math is right but apologize if I made an error.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • ravenraven Member
    edited September 15
    Our guild unlocked the second dungeon as well as a chest that was full of tickets, so my question is does the whole guild get the tickets or does the guild mate in first place get them? It'd be nice if the whole team received them since it is a team effort to unlock. If we all get them they are not showing them.
    Raventhorne
  • Did someone pay LC not to play?
  • About those 1200 kills with flyers....

Anyone figured out something tenable to make this grind more palatable ?

• I would think just use Solaris, Ferno, Torchy, Bauble on autorun.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    About those 1200 kills with flyers....

Anyone figured out something tenable to make this grind more palatable ?

Yes.
    Jut don't do it.

Otherwise, I ran gold and evo islands for the first 100. I tried running Boss Island, decided it took too long, and then just ground in normal mode to make it as quick as possible.
  • @Joel The event shop runes... are these supposed to be guaranteed max stat runes (like PvP runes), or is there RNG in the upgrade? Asking because the PvP superiors - and other craftable superiors - max at 607 for the primary atk stat. Depending on which rune you buy in the event shop, we're seeing more like 550 - 584 for atk.

Just trying to figure out if this is intended or not, as it could play into purchase decisions.
  • KashHattonKashHatton Member
    edited September 15
    Will there be more quests forthcoming?
    KashHatton
  • SkorpidSkorpid Member
    edited September 15
    No unlock via Portal or jewels? Only for 22€? Biggest new hero fail ever.

I think this is because people have collected too many jewels

And only 10 tickets by quest but needing 1000 for a handful of tokens?
    Post edited by Skorpid on
  • Skorpid wrote: »
    No unlock via Portal or jewels? Only for 22€? Biggest new hero fail ever.

I think this is because people have collected too many jewels

And only 10 tickets by quest but needing 1000 for a handful of tokens?

Solaris is easily unlockable via the quests. The purchase from the shop would add an extra star.
    KashHatton
  • DerisionDerision Member
    edited September 15
    this event is kind of a flop
    dungeon scaling is way off, the first dungeon is overly difficult.
    you need a very active guild to get anywhere with points/ unlocks, so players in casual guilds as myself will see rewards passed by. (that superior rune :( )
    the 20 stamina flier dungeon only gives repeatable bauble and torchy tokens, and only 1 ferno token, far too expensive for stamina vs. reward.
  • This event is the most disgusting money grab ever! I'm done with this game..all the gems and real money you gota spend and our reward is tickets and a rune? Wow you guys greedy as hell...I loved this game til now no way I'm sinking the kinda money it takes to play this just for tickets and a rune...biggest money grab event ever!
  • Spending all these gems cause you made the dungeons hard as hell for level 70...some people can't sink that type of money into the game and then they look bad to the guild cause they can't participate enough...greed will destroy this game
  • Greed greed greed greed greed...if you Gona be this greedy then at least throw us a ton of rewards....whoever thought of this money grab should be fired
  • I am I am in a good guild bro too 32....and we all have decided to stop playing...sinking gems into this for what a reward of tickets and possibly one rune? Hahaha all 50 guild members see this as a cash grab sorry if you blind and oh yeah gems cost money bro
  • I am I am in a good guild bro too 32....and we all have decided to stop playing...sinking gems into this for what a reward of tickets and possibly one rune? Hahaha all 50 guild members see this as a cash grab sorry if you blind and oh yeah gems cost money bro