The Guild Boss Invasion Has Begun! (Plus Beast Hero Updates!)

Comments

• So enjoy your tickets and one rune
  • Top 32 is considered good? The fact that your entire guild already quit surely offers evidence to the contrary.

I would value this rune at 3000 gems. If you spend less than that, it is worth it. My opinion of course.
  • I'm in top 30 guild and all us level 79s need to spend gems cause for some reason they made dungeons easy for lower levels but screwed level 70 players
  • The very fact that you can unlock a new legendary hero while spending $0 gives evidence to the contrary to your claim @wagdogg.

Kill stuff with flyers, put in some effort at beating a dungeon, get new awesome hero.
    Sure, I spent the $20 to support the game because I like the event and the new hero - but I'm sitting at 92/100 tokens now for the next star -- meaning that by the time I finish the easy (but tedious) kill w/ flyers, I would have had her unlocked anyways.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Of course the event is hard. Top players were complaining forever that nothing was challenging anymore. Of course anyone who isn't already near or at end-game will find this near impossible. As far as I can tell, it was made in response to the wants of top-tier players. And honestly? It's really fun. I'm not a top-tier player, but I am lv70 with a mostly 5-6* roster, so I find this challenge rather refreshing!

And of course it's meant to squeeze the money and gems out of you lol... It's a mobile game from the App Store. This isn't anything new. ,':J
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • After u summon her, the 100 token 1 time only offer in the shop would change into 50 token
    with higher price, and limited 10 times purchasing, bad move db, bad move.
  • I've done the flying event, run the first dungeon until I ran out of tokens, and our guild is still 18,000 off from opening the second dungeon. I have about 50 tokens for my efforts. Yikes. I fear my guild sucks bananas.
  • @wagdogg Bro i've spent over 15000 gems on this event, mostly for rune crafting, but i've bought 3x of the 4x points, and 2x share with guild courage. that only amounted to what, 3K? And currently i have over 21k guild points, and it's only the first day. If everyone in your guild spent maybe 2k gems, you'd end up with over a million points just today so theres no way you should not be able to get the first prize reward. Of course, it greatly depends on how well your heros are runed, and that's something every lv 70 should've been working on since the rune update came out, not just this event.
    Also i have never bought a single gem package in my life, all my gems came from tower/weekly guild reward/pvp season so it was 100% free.
  • @wagdogg lol
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • @Joel I see a fair amount of people in game who just want to play and are searching for a guild. But, most guilds aren't going to accept newcomers mid week. Next time, if would be nice to announce in game that the event is impending. Forums/line access shouldn't be necessary to play a game.
    nunya
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    edited September 15
    You get a Corrupted Heart for completing 4/4 of guild point quest. Here is what the end reward rune looks like.
    gsa51pef3trg.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    nunya wrote: »
    @Joel I see a fair amount of people in game who just want to play and are searching for a guild. But, most guilds aren't going to accept newcomers mid week. Next time, if would be nice to announce in game that the event is impending. Forums/line access shouldn't be necessary to play a game.

Noted!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel You and EEJ both previously mentioned what you called "bonus rewards beyond the 875,000 Guild Point threshold." Can you give us some info about what the additional thresholds are and how many bonus tickets they pay out? I'm not seeing anything about it in-game. Thanks!
  • I agree that this event in frustrating. Making the unlocking of a new hero contingent upon either a guild's collective participation or paying cash is frustrating, to sat the least. For those not in guilds, obviously they have no chance of unlocking this hero.

My guild has not yet unlocked the second dungeon, I am out of "Courage" and contributed as much as possible at this point without paying actual money, and all I can do is the incredibly repetitive "Flyer" quest ten times, which earns no "Courage" and won't give me enough token to unlock Solaris.

By the way, I am level 70, have played every day for the past two plus years, have every other hero, mostly 6 starred and fully ascended...without paying extreme amounts of cash.

I am disappointed in this quest. Dungeon Boss/Big Fish is, unfortunately, once again alienating a good number of it's players/fans.
  • pmailliwb wrote: »

I am disappointed in this quest. Dungeon Boss/Big Fish is, unfortunately, once again alienating a good number of it's players/fans.

the difficulty scaling is likely the result of maxed out whales complaining everything is too easy.
  • Guys, the 10x repeatable gives you a total of 40 solaris tokens. Just auto run the infinite army with flying heroes
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • @Joel Would you mind commenting on my question regarding the Shop runes (Solaris rune, Ferno rune, Bauble rune, etc.)? Are they supposed to be guaranteed max stat like the PvP runes are, or was your intent to have variation/RNG in the final stats?

I think a lot of us expected they would upgrade like the PvP runes.
  • I have completed the 10x repeatable quests. They will not unlock Solaris if not in a guild or if in a guild that is either boycotting or not full of "whales complaining everything is too easy". =)
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    @Joel You and EEJ both previously mentioned what you called "bonus rewards beyond the 875,000 Guild Point threshold." Can you give us some info about what the additional thresholds are and how many bonus tickets they pay out? I'm not seeing anything about it in-game. Thanks!

You can view all reward thresholds by tapping the "rewards" button on the leaderboards.
  • The game chat is, for the first time I've seen, full of people looking for guilds, looking to leave their guilds and wondering if leaving their guild will result in their points resetting so they can get the new hero, not a win for the developers and programmers of this game.
  • @Joel Okay, thanks. I see that, now. I was looking at the progress bar (which is a nice new feature). It only shows the first few tiers. For future Boss Invasions, it'd be cool if all reward tiers could show up on there, but certainly not a top priority. Enjoying the event, so far!
  • @Joel there is some weird glitch with the event participant leaderboard where different members of my guild take turns missing from said leaderboard. The leaderboard says we have 49 members participating, but that one missing member changes depending on the time of day. Hopefully this won't affect his or her final rewards.
    nunya
  • I love to bash DB on the forums, and I'd love to do just that over the inane-ness of the "kill 1200 with flyers" questline. But I think it's more important to support them in this case.

I love that this event is hard. These dungeons took a few tries to figure out, unlike most events that are just hours of auto running.

I get that not everyone can do them. I don't see that as a problem. We are all way too used to every single person being able to finish every single bit of content as soon as it comes out. That's not how virtually any other game model works. There SHOULD be high end content that most people can't do, otherwise what are we all striving to reach??

In summary, I want more challenge like this. If anything, I want it even harder than this event. Much harder. As in, it shouldn't be a given that I'll find a way to finish all the content type hard. I'm in a good guild with a decently developed roster and plenty of nice runes. As hard as this was, we all figured out auto run teams for the dungeon within a few hours. I'd love to see that be more a "days" scale than "hours".

And no, I don't spend money on the game. Just grow a set and quit acting like the mere fact that you logged in and tried your circa 1998 undead PvE team just to lose in room 1 means the content is too hard.
  • nunya wrote: »
    @Joel there is some weird glitch with the event participant leaderboard where different members of my guild take turns missing from said leaderboard. The leaderboard says we have 49 members participating, but that one missing member changes depending on the time of day. Hopefully this won't affect his or her final rewards.

Not sure if it's changing for us but we only show 49 and we have proof that the guy has been running the event dungeons.
  • Can anyone suggest a team that can stand a chance in the event dungeons (without having Solaris?)

I sure hope I can unlock Solaris without needing to do event dungeons, and I sure hope I can do it without too much guild support - not being able to unlock the hero essentially on my own would disappoint me

The event dungeons are beyond my abilities so far. Been level 70 for awhile and have a couple of teams.

Can anyone suggest a team that can stand a chance? I'm almost ready to give up on them. Save them for people who need that kind of "challenge" and give me somethingI can stand a chance with.
  • @sirtainly I had luck with Hopper, Kobal, Koros and Yasmin for the first dungeon. I used the same team for the second dungeon but couldn't 3-star unless I used a couple friends.

Definitely get all the 40 Solaris tokens from the repeatable quest because it will disappear in 40 mins.

Once you unlock Solaris, the dungeons are A LOT easier.
  • I will reiterate...the new hero is unlockable at level 70 without a semi-decent guild or with cash. I understand this game completely; I have played it daily for over 2 years, and this is the reality of this event. For those in guilds who have been able to unlock Solaris with only a few hours of grinding, that is great! However, for those not in guilds or in guilds that just really are not participating in this event, 70 tokens is reachable, but 100 is not. I know that there are a plethora of players advising to just "do the quests". However, I am at 70 tokens and there are no further quests to do.

Really. I cannot earn another token.

Never before has a new hero required a semi-decent guild.

If this is the new business model for this game, I quit.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 15
    pmailliwb wrote: »
    I know that there are a plethora of players advising to just "do the quests". However, I am at 70 tokens and there are no further quests to do.

Really. I cannot earn another token.

Never before has a new hero required a semi-decent guild.

If this is the new business model for this game, I quit.

This is incorrect. If you do all the quests on your quest tab, including the 10x repeatable, you'll have 100 tokens. It doesn't matter what the rest of your guild does. (Aside from the bare minimum to unlock the dungeons, of course. But that's really pretty easy.)
    nunya wrote: »
    @Joel there is some weird glitch with the event participant leaderboard where different members of my guild take turns missing from said leaderboard. The leaderboard says we have 49 members participating, but that one missing member changes depending on the time of day. Hopefully this won't affect his or her final rewards.

This seems to be a UI bug, we are getting data from 50 players in a guild. I'm seeing what can be done about this.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 15
    One other nitpick - would be cool to get tickets each day instead of only at end of event. Some of the shop stuff is pretty nice. Waiting sucks :)