The Guild Boss Invasion Has Begun! (Plus Beast Hero Updates!)

Comments

• shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited September 15
    Wrong quote.
  • pmailliwb wrote: »
    I know that there are a plethora of players advising to just "do the quests". However, I am at 70 tokens and there are no further quests to do.

Really. I cannot earn another token.

Never before has a new hero required a semi-decent guild.

If this is the new business model for this game, I quit.

This is incorrect. If you do all the quests on your quest tab, including the 10x repeatable, you'll have 100 tokens. It doesn't matter what the rest of your guild does. (Aside from the bare minimum to unlock the dungeons, of course. But that's really pretty easy.)

Don't you actually get 120 tokens if you do the 10x repeatable + the 4 part quest of earning guild points?
  • Of course the event is hard. Top players were complaining forever that nothing was challenging anymore. Of course anyone who isn't already near or at end-game will find this near impossible. As far as I can tell, it was made in response to the wants of top-tier players. And honestly? It's really fun. I'm not a top-tier player, but I am lv70 with a mostly 5-6* roster, so I find this challenge rather refreshing!

And of course it's meant to squeeze the money and gems out of you lol... It's a mobile game from the App Store. This isn't anything new. ,':J

Well stated.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    pmailliwb wrote: »
    I know that there are a plethora of players advising to just "do the quests". However, I am at 70 tokens and there are no further quests to do.

Really. I cannot earn another token.

Never before has a new hero required a semi-decent guild.

If this is the new business model for this game, I quit.

This is incorrect. If you do all the quests on your quest tab, including the 10x repeatable, you'll have 100 tokens. It doesn't matter what the rest of your guild does. (Aside from the bare minimum to unlock the dungeons, of course. But that's really pretty easy.)

Don't you actually get 120 tokens if you do the 10x repeatable + the 4 part quest of earning guild points?

Yes. The third part of the "earn guild points" gives an additional beyond what you need to unlock. Point to the poster was that he's wrong to complain about needing a top guild to unlock the hero. You can do that on your own.
  • Skip_Holmes...I wish this were incorrect. In my guild, collectively, my guild members have completed "Death from Above" 38 times.

Abysmal, I agree. The 2nd dungeon is unlockable at that level of activity. As such, I cannot do even the second dungeon which makes it impossible for me to earn any more tokens. I have 70 tokens but am unable to earn any more. I. Assume those not in Guilds are facing the same thing.
    Skip_Holmes...I wish this were incorrect. In my guild, collectively, my guild members have completed "Death from Above" 38 times.

Abysmal, I agree. The 2nd dungeon is unlockable at that level of activity. As such, I cannot do even the second dungeon which makes it impossible for me to earn any more tokens. I have 70 tokens but am unable to earn any more. I. Assume those not in Guilds are facing the same thing.

So, your complaint is that, for an event advertised as a guild event for months ahead of time, you can't complete every single part of it without having to join a guild with more than 4 or 5 active players in it??

Seems like an odd complaint.
  • @pmailliwb there is a new repeatable that will get you 40 more Solaris tokens. She's fun use. Enjoy.
  • I love to bash DB on the forums, and I'd love to do just that over the inane-ness of the "kill 1200 with flyers" questline. But I think it's more important to support them in this case...

I take it alllllllll back if you're really pulling this **** on us for multiple days.

70kc3qr7gpqz.png
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 15
    @Joel, why did the Death from above quest reset? I lost my progress on this quest, and was only of 30 kills to complete it.
  • Rocksor wrote: »
    @Joel, why did the Death from above quest reset? I lost my progress on this quest, and was only of 30 kills to complete it.

Supposedly it resets every day. So you gotta complete 1,200 kills each day.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »

Supposedly it resets every day. So you gotta complete 1,200 kills each day.

Yeah just saw this on another thread, be nice to put an actual timer on it...

• @Skip_Holmes but ideally you're running your event dungeons with Solaris and other flyers so it shouldn't matter. And lower level players just need something they can grind to hopefully earn Solaris by day 3.

@eej @Joel Ignore the haters. This has been a brilliant event and it's only day 2. I was commenting to a friend last night that I haven't had this much fun playing Dungeon Boss in a while. It's great to see a little harder content and something that requires some guild cooperation and coordination. It's been exceptional thus far!
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 15
    Just to further kick everyone between the legs, DB sent out an in game mail that Death From Above is Reset everyday...... it has a time stamp of 320pm cdt.... wow, nice warning
  • Rocksor, agreed. Typically, events indicate "Day 1", "Day 2", etc. The fact that they have reset "Death from Above", I believe, is an attempt to redeem this event. My son and I have played this game daily for the past two years, and we have a sweet roster of heroes. Repeating the same quest, as easy as it may be, is neither challenging nor interesting. It is a time sink.

And a money sink for some.

The two of us just came to the conclusion that this game is no longer interesting or challenging. After two years, we will not be playing again.

Thank you, Dungeon Boss, until now it was a great game.
  • Dungeon Boss - Deleted.
  • @sirtainly I had luck with Hopper, Kobal, Koros and Yasmin for the first dungeon. I used the same team for the second dungeon but couldn't 3-star unless I used a couple friends.

Definitely get all the 40 Solaris tokens from the repeatable quest because it will disappear in 40 mins.

Once you unlock Solaris, the dungeons are A LOT easier.

Thanks for the team ideas.

Is the quest you are referring to the kill-with-flieers quest? I believe that stays. I sure hope it does. I wasn't able to play much until now and if they took away the solaris token quests after the first day I would find that very disappointing!
  • Death from Above Resetting just wasted a bunch of my time from earlier. this is outrageous that this would reset WITHOUT prior notice.
    Rocksor, agreed. Typically, events indicate "Day 1", "Day 2", etc. The fact that they have reset "Death from Above", I believe, is an attempt to redeem this event. My son and I have played this game daily for the past two years, and we have a sweet roster of heroes. Repeating the same quest, as easy as it may be, is neither challenging nor interesting. It is a time sink.

And a money sink for some.

The two of us just came to the conclusion that this game is no longer interesting or challenging. After two years, we will not be playing again.

Thank you, Dungeon Boss, until now it was a great game.

I'm not one to sound hypocritical -- I deleted DB myself back shortly after the Winterfest event. That combined with the endless strange Pre-season changes to PVP, I decided I had had enough.

So I won't tell you to go. Go, take a break, and keep tabs on the game. I came back when I felt they had fixed out the issues I had with the new PVP season.

Maybe you'll be back for the next Boss Invasion. or not. But I can say that the devs at DB to seem to be trying. And I don't agree with the 1200 kills a day grind... but it wasn't that long ago that Shade was released and there was a massive grind to summon him (if you didn't spend money).

So I have to admit that for DB, they need to make the alternative to spending money be something quite arduous, otherwise no one would spend money and the game would die. Then there would be no salary for the devs to make any new content at all... and then the complaints would be worse "same old boring stuff, nothing new, where's the content"

I'll take new and fixable content over a dead game.

• Joel wrote: »
    Important!
    Does the guild hero quest reset tomorrow?? @Joel

It does not.
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Are the giant tombstones supposed to do anything @Joel ?

I've clicked on a fair number of them and nothing happens.

They aren't supposed to do anything special unless they're sparkling. They're just different background objects.
    Foozle wrote: »
    The Bauble Superior Bulwark Rune has Health, Health, Defense, rather than the expected Defense, Defense, Health. Any way to correct this after already purchased?

I'm having this looked into.

@joel - Hi, any update on the bauble superior bulwark rune issue? Should I put in a ticket? Thanks
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Foozle: No update at this time, in the meantime, feel free to contact customer support.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Enjoying the new concept of the guild event. Having Solaris unlocked and the Flying Guard buff is a nice transition to auto run the 3rd dungeon and pick up the daily grindfest 1200 kills / 40 Solaris tokens.

The dungeon runes must be extremely rare... I've ran the 3 dungeons somewhere between 50 and 100 times and not one rune..

Also re the tickets - so max tickets (for 1.75m guild points) is 17,000.

5x 10 Solaris tokens @ 1000 tickets each = 5000 tickets.
    1x corrupted heart = 7000 tickets.

Leaving 5,000 tickets, 2,000 short of another corrupted heart... Seems like a massive grind at 10 tickets per dungeon to get the additional 2000 tickets needed for a second corrupted heart, otherwise will have to dump 5000 odd tickets into every day mats :/
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • The dungeon runes must be extremely rare... I've ran the 3 dungeons somewhere between 50 and 100 times and not one rune..
    I've run ~60 event dungeons and have gotten 3 runes, all from the first dungeon. I'd love to know if anyone's gotten runes from the other dungeons.
    Leaving 5,000 tickets, 2,000 short of another corrupted heart... Seems like a massive grind at 10 tickets per dungeon to get the additional 2000 tickets needed for a second corrupted heart, otherwise will have to dump 5000 odd tickets into every day mats :/
    I noticed that too. I was hoping they'd release more ways to earn tickets, doubtful as it is.
  • The whole point of this event was to feel like a team with guild members all working together to fight a boss. (Guild Boss Battles)
    In reality, it feels like we're just grinding, it feels like we're losing in overtuned dungeons over and over. Over all, it's not fun.
    I understand that people want challenge. There's a difference between challenging encounters and frustrating ones.
    In videos games, challenging bosses can be overcome by mastering their mechanics. Frustrating bosses one shot players because their gear isn't good enough and there is no way to obtain better within the timeframe.
    This event is also awful for the population of the game who dislikes the idea of guilds anyway, or people who are in guilds where players aren't interested in participating.
    Also, this would have been a chance to make a brand new epic boss for us to fight with a unique model and mechanics. It ended up not standing out much for the usual weekly event dungeons (but it was frustratingly overtuned, yay!)
    The quests could have been the saving grace for this event. If losing dungeons consecutively was frustrating, at least you could participate doing the quests right? Wrong. Kill 99999999 enemies per day with flying heroes until your eyes bleed. And the other quests are linked to completing the event dungeon.
    Also, I feel like any attempt at storytelling was also a flop. The only indication that the minions were linked to the tree boss that I saw was the artwork. And the tree boss that we're killed 500 times doesn't feel interesting, threatening or anything to look forward to in the future. Just another reused boss.

I love you Boss Fight team, but this event was really disappointing in every way and I hope you take the feedback and make it into something special like it should be.

• And no, I don't spend money on the game. Just grow a set and quit acting like the mere fact that you logged in and tried your circa 1998 undead PvE team just to lose in room 1 means the content is too hard.

sigh. I remember my undead team back in 1998.
    Yorik still had flesh,
    and Bromm's robe was grungier.

• DerisionDerision Member
    edited September 16
    danac wrote: »

and Bromm's robe was grungier.
    i bet it smelled like teen spirit
  • Only slightly. 75% Teen Spirit resist.
  • What teams have people been using to beat Shade's domain. I'm finding it much, much harder (can't get past room three) than corrupted front which I was able to beat plenty of times.
  • RUPVIN wrote: »
    What teams have people been using to beat Shade's domain. I'm finding it much, much harder (can't get past room three) than corrupted front which I was able to beat plenty of times.

Have you unlocked Solaris yet? I've only tried it with her. (Koros, Ferno, Torchy, Bauble)

And using a friend's Koros when Shade appears as a mini boss to purge his spirit link.

• This is my 1st post on this forum so please excuse me if I do not use the correct technical language. But I really needed to point something out to DB:

I am a daily player in a reasonable guild that gets 10500 weekly crowns about one week out of four and most other times close to there. I am Level 70 with a power roster of 360K and PVP trophies of 500K.

If I look at this event I am afraid it will cause a lot of people to rethink the guild they are in. I have got about 32K Guild points so far and there are about ten players with more than 10K Guild points so far in my Guild. The majority are much lower. There is no way my Guild will ever reach the key prizes or probably not even unlock the Third dungeon.

The issue is that I really like my guild. I really like trying to help other players. My friend roster is made up mostly of my Guild. I want to stay in my Guild.

DB this will make more active higher powered players leave Guilds like mine and join more active super Guilds. This means a lot less Guilds and the people left will find it really difficult. It will increase the disparity between Guilds.

Please rethink as I didn't think you wanted to make this event a Guild killer.
  • Woofwoof wrote: »

If I look at this event I am afraid it will cause a lot of people to rethink the guild they are in....

There is no way my Guild will ever reach the key prizes or probably not even unlock the Third dungeon.

Hi @Woofwoof, welcome to the forum cesspool!

Two points of argument to consider:

1-We've had a half dozen or so guild games all structured similarly to this, where the best guilds get the best rewards. This is less hardcore, in that you don't actually have to compete against the best guilds. But, if those guild games haven't ripped apart guilds like you're worried will happen, why would this event?

2-What is wrong with the fact that your not-top-tier guild can't get all the rewards? All other aspects of the game function the same way. If you want the best PvP rewards, you have to rank among the best PvPers. Would you make the argument that PvP isn't fair because you want to hang around in the Warlord tier with a bunch of friends and you can't get the superior rune reward when you do that?? If not, why is it unfair that you have to choose between a casual guild with casual rewards and a top guild with top rewards? Shouldn't there by design be something that separates the tiers?