Final Dungeon lives up to it's name

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I have not seen an event dungeon kick my *** like that in the final room since that Halloween event where ponti and Zomm both had resurrection abilities and couldn't be killed. Not sure what exactly caused the loss seeing as I beat an earlier room with the exact same layout but jesus was that time consuming and in the end fruitless. Even if I could beat it I don't think the time for reward bonus is even worth it. I have nothing but respect for anyone who could do that without issue!
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Solaris/Torchy/(Bauble or Zen)/Ferno.

Easy peasy. I honestly found the last dungeon easiest cuz they're mostly just... well, roots. And they don't do much damage. If you want, replace Torchy with Koros to purge their Growth on the last room. Or just use a friend's.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Solaris/Torchy/(Bauble or Zen)/Ferno.

Easy peasy. I honestly found the last dungeon easiest cuz they're mostly just... well, roots. And they don't do much damage. If you want, replace Torchy with Koros to purge their Growth on the last room. Or just use a friend's.

What team do you think I entered with?
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Jabber Balog Takumi Abigail, natch.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I heard the Shatter team is pretty good for it! /jest
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • I have not seen an event dungeon kick my *** like that in the final room since that Halloween event where ponti and Zomm both had resurrection abilities and couldn't be killed. Not sure what exactly caused the loss seeing as I beat an earlier room with the exact same layout but jesus was that time consuming and in the end fruitless. Even if I could beat it I don't think the time for reward bonus is even worth it. I have nothing but respect for anyone who could do that without issue!

It was incredibly easy for people who got the defense buff.

I only ran it with fliers with massive defense, but I hear that without that buff it was much more difficult.

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    I have not seen an event dungeon kick my *** like that in the final room since that Halloween event where ponti and Zomm both had resurrection abilities and couldn't be killed. Not sure what exactly caused the loss seeing as I beat an earlier room with the exact same layout but jesus was that time consuming and in the end fruitless. Even if I could beat it I don't think the time for reward bonus is even worth it. I have nothing but respect for anyone who could do that without issue!

I only ran it with fliers with massive defense, but I hear that without that buff it was much more difficult.

Ah that explains it! I'm in a guild that unfortunately failed to get the defense buff every day! Okay, less upset now seeing as it was designed around another reward.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• The other key was to get Ferno to apply the wild fire debuff and get it to spread to as many roots as possible. That kept things more manageable. If the roots growth got out of control, it was an issue.
  • danac wrote: »

I ran it on day 1 and 2 before our Guild got the buff, so I can confirm that with the buff and Solaris it was virtually an auto-run, I just watched for Shade's Spirit link and made sure to cleanse it if he go one off. Other than that it was auto; even Lily's vines didn't do enough damage to trouble the flyers with their two healers.

Before the defense buff (and Solaris), it was much harder, but do-able. I grabbed a few runes off lesser-used heroes to help the flyers, and had a couple of failures before I got things right.

Once it was clear we would get the buff on Saturday (1pm for me) I waited for the buff before raiding again, and we cleared the 1.75 million target before it ran out. We actually got the buff again for the 3rd day, but didn't need it.