Just another confirmation that the "random" system in PVP is not so random

edited September 24 in My Dungeon Discussion
I feel sorry for DreamIsDrunkAsF(lvl 62 )

he appeared on my fight list twice consecutively.
No refresh(as you all can see the streak continued), just showing that some "opponents" appear more than others on the "not so random" rival list.
I think he should get some refound for that, and as for him, just imaging how many others could appear on Hard enemies, and getting attacked by higher levels easily and consecutively.

@Joel

6t5untp9n1lw.png

«1

Comments

  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 25
    Please stop beating around this poor, dead topic. This is at least the third thread you have made about matchmaking. There are a limited number of people. Sometimes, the same person appears on the raid list twice in a row. Just the way the odds play out. It doesn't matter. I don't care, the devs don't care, I am sure dream doesn't mind either, and you certainly should't care either.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Basically people are offered up for a short period of time, roughly 20-30 times, and if you beat them quickly you may end up getting them again while they are still being offered. It's the luck of the draw though. Yesterday I beat someone, beat another person, and was offered the first person again.
  • And did you make a thread about it @FatCat69?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Guys plz dont attack DreamIsDrunkAsF, hes in my guild and hes leaving DB. Hes had some bad times and he has to leave DB to focus on family
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • farfella wrote: »
    And did you make a thread about it @FatCat69?

    I did not. Did not see the need.

  • Exactly fatcat!! Also, NOOOOOOOOOOO! Dream can't leave! :(
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Exactly fatcat!! Also, NOOOOOOOOOOO! Dream can't leave! :(

    Do you know who he is?
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • I think you should make as many threads as you like about this topic, and if @farfella doesn't like them he doesn't have to click on them, he doesn't have to read them, he doesn't even have to visit the forums; but he really should try to not be such a **** all the time.
  • edited September 25
    I see that players like farfella are just happy cos the system, as it is working now, advantage him.

    I bet he is not 'offered' on pvp rival list as much as some other players so everything is ok.

    I think that everyone should be 'offered' with the same % and not having some players NEVER SHOWED UP on PVP list(it doesnt mean they would be automatically receive the same number of attacks, but at least appearing ).

    You are just selfish, while should be more constructive to think also about others.
    Not everyone is a lvl 70 with all epics,heroes and bashing lower levels winning pvp easily.

    Grow up a bit.Not just in the game.
  • So dumb. There are so many reasons why mid-60s are everyone’s favorite dessert. Level up and you will be fine. Tread water and you’ll be eaten alive.

    Get over it. You are the bottom of the food chain. Show some initiative and move your way up that food chain.
  • edited September 25
    Don't worry fatcat....looking at the numbers there are even more "dumb" lvl 70s players losing against lower levels than you could imagine.

    It's just a problem of why AND HOW THOSE mid-60 appears more than lots of 70s...
  • DB, how about a very simple fix? Remove defensive losses from the battle log. I mean, a hundred defensive losses (-3000 trophies) barely equals one attack loss (-2400 trophies) if it splits your max streak into two max streaks, but people insist on complaining about it. They don't realize the insignificance of it, so maybe it's just better to hide the truth from them.
  • edited September 25
    echonap wrote: »
    a hundred defensive losses (-3000 trophies) barely equals one attack loss (-2400 trophies).

    I don-t understand that properly....


    But The main problem is about HONOUR (and money )loss from daily reward...
    22 loss incoming fights in warlord league , and 15/16 in Legend means NO honour at all and almost no money .
    You could understand a bit the difference when you lose 30 or 40 a day or 1 a day....

    An easy solution could be this one :
    if you receive , i.e. 40 or 50 loss incoming fights in a day, but you lose trophies, honour and money just for the first 10 and then you don-t lose anything more (at least money and honour) would be a great thing for those lower levels...

    Just setting a limit of 10 would help a lot the system, as long as lower levels, even bashed won-t lose a lot and higher levels could still win and bash them without over-penalizing the mid60s.

  • echonapechonap Member
    edited September 25
    If you lose 100 defensive matches, you lose 3000 trophies. 30 trophies per loss in L1. Not sure what the values are in other leagues.

    If you win 20 matches in a row, you get 5728 trophies (again, starting in L1). After that, you get 400 per win. If you win 50 in a row, 17728 trophies total. If you win 25, lose 1, and win 24 more, you will get 15,056 trophies (two max streaks separated by one loss). So that one loss is equal to 2672 lost trophies.

    1 attack loss is roughly equivalent to 89 defensive losses when it separates a max streak into two. Just putting your complaint into perspective for you.
  • echonap wrote: »
    If you lose 100 defensive matches, you lose 3000 trophies. 30 trophies per loss in L1. Not sure what the values are in other leagues.

    If you win 20 matches in a row, you get 5728 trophies (again, starting in L1). After that, you get 400 per win. If you win 50 in a row, 17728 trophies total. If you win 25, lose 1, and win 24 more, you will get 15,056 trophies (two max streaks separated by one loss). So that one loss is equal to 2672 lost trophies.

    1 attack loss is roughly equivalent to 89 defensive losses when it separates a max streak into two. Just putting your complaint into perspective for you.


    Nope...trophies loss in Legend I or other leagues are not always 30.They could be 40, sometimes, 19, same for the trophies you get from an incoming fight that you win, sometimes could be 40, even 88 i saw...
    i think it depends on how many heros alive do you have in the end of the pvp (and how many heros of the opponent you killed, when you lose).


    But what are u talking about?

    This is about one attacking, so it means you start that on your own risk:
    the one who is attacking could always choose if attack the one with 160 trophies, or the one on the left(don't remember if 72 or 86 trophies) so it is not "easy" to get all those trophies on consecutive streak.
    More....you can talk about "missed" trophies, not lost(as it happens when someone attacks you).
    it is a different thing.
  • edited September 25
    To get a consecutive streak is a "bonus" you receive that you ADD to normal trophies you get once you win against someone.
    So you can get 160 or 400(with the bonus streak) but it is something you add to your trophies.

    To receive a ton of incoming loss fights is a "malus" that you receive,so you lose trophies.

    There is a huge difference between them.


    But once again the main problem is not about trophies, is about the honour and money that mid 60s cannot get at the end of the day, in daily reward.
  • I know English is not your first language, so you are misunderstanding my point. I was not trying to show exact math (although my numbers are not wrong for an L1 player).

    Let me try this another way. Defensive losses count for approximately 1% of attack losses when it comes to your final ranking. So complaining about defensive losses is like complaining about an answer on a homework assignment when you cannot pass the final exam. It's almost meaningless. Did those losses affect your final league placement? Did it cost you a top 100 finish? If not, then what difference does it make?

    You've made three separate topics on this and the blues have ignored you. The forum community largely disagrees with you. What do you hope to gain by continuing this discussion?
  • edited September 25
    echonap wrote: »
    I know English is not your first language, so you are misunderstanding my point. I was not trying to show exact math (although my numbers are not wrong for an L1 player).

    Let me try this another way. Defensive losses count for approximately 1% of attack losses when it comes to your final ranking. So complaining about defensive losses is like complaining about an answer on a homework assignment when you cannot pass the final exam. It's almost meaningless. Did those losses affect your final league placement? Did it cost you a top 100 finish? If not, then what difference does it make?

    You've made three separate topics on this and the blues have ignored you. The forum community largely disagrees with you. What do you hope to gain by continuing this discussion?

    English is not my first language but seems that you too don't get my point.

    First: thank you cos you understand that english is not my first language and you are trying the same to talk with me, so i appreciate.
    Second: about the pvp system.
    The main problem is not about trophies; they are , as you wrote , not very much, even receiving several attacks.
    But the problem is about the Honour and the gold you lose every day from chest reward.
    this is why i was suggesting to try to fix setting a limit of honour and money loss for everyone setted at 10 , so everyone can get from the chest of daily reward some honour and money, even bashed from higher levels.

    Hope now this is more clear.

  • The people who disagree with him would be the ones who have been taking advantages of such situation. Obviously me and @PontifexAeternus are now closing on to level 70, any changes (if any) to PvP MM would not affect us that much. However if there is an unfair situation only given to certain players (not all players), then it is clearly a bug and he definitely has right to raise this concern.
    hagausiumai
  • He has a right to voice his concern, yes. He's opened three threads which were completely ignored by blues. He's also commented on numerous threads. Obviously, matchmaking is offering level 65s at a higher frequency. More obvious, nobody cares. The blues didn't even justify the complaint by saying they are looking into it, or the usual answer "soon". You call it a bug, but seems like intended behavior to me. So my point is, why keep fighting the system when you can just level up out of the hit zone?

    And you really think level 70s are "taking advantage"? I've seen Reflunch multiple times in pvp and he is no pushover. His defense is easily in the top 25% of what I typically see. You are overestimating the significance of levels, just like other non 70s. When I assess a defense, this is what I look at:
    1. hero composition
    2. rune power
    I don't even care about levels. It's not even a factor. I'm sure other 70s will agree.

  • echonap wrote: »
    He has a right to voice his concern, yes. He's opened three threads which were completely ignored by blues. He's also commented on numerous threads. Obviously, matchmaking is offering level 65s at a higher frequency. More obvious, nobody cares. The blues didn't even justify the complaint by saying they are looking into it, or the usual answer "soon". You call it a bug, but seems like intended behavior to me. So my point is, why keep fighting the system when you can just level up out of the hit zone?

    And you really think level 70s are "taking advantage"? I've seen Reflunch multiple times in pvp and he is no pushover. His defense is easily in the top 25% of what I typically see. You are overestimating the significance of levels, just like other non 70s. When I assess a defense, this is what I look at:
    1. hero composition
    2. rune power
    I don't even care about levels. It's not even a factor. I'm sure other 70s will agree.

    Yes you had just pinpointed the issue here, only level 70s will agree with you but I don't see how a "victim" in this MM issue would ever agree getting attacked 500 times in a season is a norm.

    More importantly, one thing you might not be able to see it through is only some level 64-68s seemed to be getting more featured/offered as one of the E/M/H selections while others at similar levels are only getting normal # of attacks. That's the bug I have been referring to and it has nothing to do with trophies/honor losses. Are you sure it's really an "intended behaviour"? Only a certain population would be getting attacked more often?



    hagausiumai
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 25
    I see that players like farfella are just happy cos the system, as it is working now, advantage him.

    I bet he is not 'offered' on pvp rival list as much as some other players so everything is ok.

    I think that everyone should be 'offered' with the same % and not having some players NEVER SHOWED UP on PVP list(it doesnt mean they would be automatically receive the same number of attacks, but at least appearing ).

    You are just selfish, while should be more constructive to think also about others.
    Not everyone is a lvl 70 with all epics,heroes and bashing lower levels winning pvp easily.

    Grow up a bit.Not just in the game.



    Oh I am in the same situation as you. I average about 250 defensive losses per season. I am level 66 and pvp is bashing my head in. just realize that there is a greater good than you or I in this game. You say I am selfish and should think about others, but that is really you. You understand DB wants players to level up right? This is because players complained about slow levelers and bait team for AGES! This is their fix. So why don't you just quit whining, stop trying to get around what DB wants you to do, and LEVEL UP ALREADYYYYYY!

    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • @Hagausiumai - I think you are missing the point too. There are two things I am trying to get across:

    1. You and other level 65s are being offered at a higher frequency. My response is that multiple topics were created on this and ignored by blues. It's not even acknowledged as a bug. So instead of sitting in the rain and complaining about getting wet, do something about it and get an umbrella. Perhaps this is how the devs want the game to work. It certainly seems that way.

    2. You said that other level 70s are "taking advantage". My response is that Reflaunch's account was more than capable of defending itself. You make it sound like level 65's have no chance against level 70s. If that were the case, you wouldn't be close to breaking even. You would lose 99.9% of the matches.

    Think about it this way... invert your defensive ratio and imagine that was your attack ratio. Would you be happy with that record? Would it put you in the top 100? You are severely overestimating how much impact levels have.
  • echonap wrote: »
    @Hagausiumai - I think you are missing the point too. There are two things I am trying to get across:

    1. You and other level 65s are being offered at a higher frequency. My response is that multiple topics were created on this and ignored by blues. It's not even acknowledged as a bug. So instead of sitting in the rain and complaining about getting wet, do something about it and get an umbrella. Perhaps this is how the devs want the game to work. It certainly seems that way.

    2. You said that other level 70s are "taking advantage". My response is that Reflaunch's account was more than capable of defending itself. You make it sound like level 65's have no chance against level 70s. If that were the case, you wouldn't be close to breaking even. You would lose 99.9% of the matches.

    Think about it this way... invert your defensive ratio and imagine that was your attack ratio. Would you be happy with that record? Would it put you in the top 100? You are severely overestimating how much impact levels have.

    Hi @echonap, I am actually at level 68, with winning ratio at about 34% or so after I got a hold of Solaris beast team, that won me more defence matches than ever so I got my "umbrella". I am not complaining about me being attacked anymore but I have been simply pointing out the current flaw in MM system that would target segment of population and somehow punish them for some unknown reason. If for some god knows why reason, the devs want to make the game to work this way, IMHO, they need to explain the MM formula they used so that new level 64s won't be mysteriously "featured" as easy target of the day.

    For your second point, when I was level 65, I lost about 95% of defence. Now I am at level 68, I agree with you I am at a more level playing field and that's why I am breaking even. \

    Think about it this way... if you are being attacked 500 times in a single season Would you be happy with that record? Would it put you in the top 100?
    hagausiumai
  • No I would not am am not happy with that. The devs know that. So, I will stop trying to fight the all-powerful devs, and level up to 70. I suggest you do the same.

    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited September 26
    Farfella you explain how this faulty system came to be because people whined so much about slow levelers and bait teams for so long that they changed things, then you tell him to stop whining about it. If he wants to change this faulted system then he and others should whine even MORE! Do it nonstop! Because the system is bad! Look at the Boss 100 and see the number of raids that they do every season. Now add up all of their defensive wins and losses. Those two numbers are nowhere near each other because the Boss 100 and other top level 70's aren't fighting each other. They are getting easy wins fighting lower levels and weak level 70's.
  • Another great thread expertly constructed by our lord and saviour.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • echonap wrote: »



    2. You said that other level 70s are "taking advantage". My response is that Reflaunch's account was more than capable of defending itself. You make it sound like level 65's have no chance against level 70s. If that were the case, you wouldn't be close to breaking even. You would lose 99.9% of the matches.

    levels 65 has no possibilities or almost against full team 70 with all epics.
    This is because if a lvl 65 has full runes,full epics, even superior, a level 70 with all runes and all epics will be always advantaged being 5 levels higher , so better stats.
    More....how many levels there are at 65 with full epics (or almost) and full superiors runes and how many levels 70 have full epics(or almost) superior runes??
  • farfella wrote: »
    No I would not am am not happy with that. The devs know that. So, I will stop trying to fight the all-powerful devs, and level up to 70. I suggest you do the same.

    No idea why, but the question of @Hagausiumai was for @echonap and you answered .....strange

    But maybe you are really only a "simple" lvl 66 ....as you say.

  • edited September 26
    Another lvl 63, Amergin, appearing in a few minutes on the right side....
    i am posting this cos it doesn-t happen for lvl 70s just to the 62/65...

    los5x9j8ilz5.png


«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com