Minor Update: 2x Speed, Matchmaking Tweaks, and Auto-Battle Change

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 25 in Announcements
Hey everyone!

We're releasing a few changes today that people have been asking for. :)
  1. You can now increase the game speed in PVP! We had planned to release this in our next major update, as there is a minor UI inconvenience that is caused by the current implementation, namely that the names of the players will not appear in the lower right corner of the screen. We felt that the benefits of implementing the increased speed option now outweighed the loss of names in the corner of the screen, as you can still see names in the battle log. We will be changing the layout of the button in our next major release so you can see the names again.
  2. Auto-Battle will no longer deactivate when one of your heroes dies.
  3. We have made some changes to our matchmaking procedures to increase consistency and balance.
  4. Boss Mode quests have been re-added and are infinitely repeatable in anticipation of future dungeon releases. NOTE: This is NOT an indication of impending releases, just the groundwork for inevitable additions down the line.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • Was it intentional to add additional B.M. Campaign quests even though I have three stared all of them?

    mbeo6efgpsc2.png
  • I collected them 3 times just now and they’re still there.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Whoops! I forgot those were going back in as well. They're designed to be repeatable for the inevitable release of future dungeons. (NOTE: This is NOT us saying that new dungeons are impending, just laying groundwork for the inevitable.)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • This was inevitably implemented to make all of us poor VIP 10 schmucks that could never complete the Boss Trainer quest and thus finish all the campaign quests feel better about ourselves since now everyone else is stuck with non completable quests as well!

    HORAYYY
  • Joel wrote: »
    Whoops! I forgot those were going back in as well. They're designed to be repeatable for the inevitable release of future dungeons. (NOTE: This is NOT us saying that new dungeons are impending, just laying groundwork for the inevitable.)

    Not sure I understand why you'd make a widely mocked quest line with rewards that were pretty much irrelevant by the time you earned them even when first implemented (nevermind how much more irrelevant they've become since then) infinitely repeatable.
  • Love this update @Joel, so small yet essential
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The quests don't mean content is coming, they're just there because content is coming!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • We can only hope, @JackHallow666, but as Joel said it is not because content, there probably isn't soon.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Was it intentional to add additional B.M. Campaign quests even though I have three stared all of them?

    mbeo6efgpsc2.png

    You haven’t. You’re missing one. It’s actually an even multiple of six.

    7lpjrpppo07t.png

  • @eej @joel Thanks for the 2x speed in the PVP, but it would be even better if our preference was saved between launches of the app. I have to change this to 2x again and again because I have to force quit the app so often to avoid it crashing during a raid.

    Truthfully, I don’t think anyone is toggling the speed during play other than to get it to 2x. Take the button off the screen and just have us set a preference elsewhere, via the upper left menu for example.
  • Was it also included we have mysterious towers - we can't see who we are taking or who we are fighting? X2 is welcome
  • So far matchmaking still broken. Nothing changed with the patch.
  • Horrible matchmaking. My hard was just a level 66 goblin team with 309 rune power. This is NOT fun.
  • @FatCat69 This isnt the point of this update, this update is simply based on common requests by us. The combat revamp is what you are looking forward to
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Combat revamp is not matchmaking.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • Combat revamp is not matchmaking.

    But it will effect the difficulty of matchmaking
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Was it intentional to add additional B.M. Campaign quests even though I have three stared all of them?

    You haven’t. You’re missing one. It’s actually an even multiple of six.


    I checked and all are 3 starred. I guess the game can't count. Such a shame, I need those books so bad.
  • Mine checks out i have everything done and 3 starred and i'm sitting at 2/6 on each quest.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 26
    1. Excellent, thanks!
    2. Excellent, thanks! Especially with Solaris doing his suicide this is appreciated.
    3. Yesterday evening I had a string of easy 'hard' matches with opponents with poorly arranged teams at 20k total strength (loved it, pushed back into Legend II), today it's back to around 30k with 5k+ of runes or beast-centric teams. I'll be interested to hear from some of the people who have felt victimized by hundreds of attacks a day if this makes a difference. Time will tell.
    4. Slightly confusing to have these back when I cannot currently attempt to complete them. At least I don''t have to look at them often.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited September 26
    @ExtremeKorosPains no, it won’t affect matchmaking. They indicated they had made changes to matchmaking but it is clearly still broken with super easy defenses being handed out.

    @bvs72 I have to think it’s a legendary dungeon or something that you’re missing. So something that is locked currently and not visible on Boss Island. And yes, those rewards are amazing. I’m sure you are desperately needing additional tomes and binder. Aren’t we all?

    @Wolfreich Legendary dungeons. Four more remaining. Go! ;)
  • I agree, matchmaking if anything seems worse than ever.
    Gmun
  • philphil Member
    edited September 26
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    Mine checks out i have everything done and 3 starred and i'm sitting at 2/6 on each quest.

    It includes the 20 stamina dungeons too. Maybe you haven't done all of those? Or maybe you have done an amount of those equal to 2 mod 6.

    edit: what @FatCat69 said
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    For those of you still having matchmaking problems, can you please PM me screenshots of your potential opponents?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @joel What kind of problems exactly? The matchmaking is equally easy, painfully so, for pretty much everyone.

    I shouldn’t be getting level 66 goblin teams with 309 rune power when I’m a level 70 and over 100k trophies.

    The problems have been in place for a little more than a week here. This isn’t fun. This is boring and dumb. Anyone with the gems or raid tickets can sit and plow through 50 easy defenses in a row. Maybe that works for Recruit or Brawler, but we shouldn’t be seeing these kinds of defenses up in Legend.
  • As far as I can recall, the "hard" matches happen in Warlord and the higher I progress into Legend, the easier the matches get.

    Warlord I would face 25-30k teams, now I'm in Legend I and seeing 15k-19k "hard" choices.


  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    @joel What kind of problems exactly? The matchmaking is equally easy, painfully so, for pretty much everyone.

    I shouldn’t be getting level 66 goblin teams with 309 rune power when I’m a level 70 and over 100k trophies.

    The problems have been in place for a little more than a week here. This isn’t fun. This is boring and dumb. Anyone with the gems or raid tickets can sit and plow through 50 easy defenses in a row. Maybe that works for Recruit or Brawler, but we shouldn’t be seeing these kinds of defenses up in Legend.

    We're aware, hence our efforts to fix it. Matchmaking is a complex process though, it's not an overnight fix. If you can PM me screenshots of your potential opponents, it may help us fix things faster. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited September 26
    Do you really want us to send you every single screen shot for 50 matches in a row? Because that’s the issue. It’s not occasional fringe cases that show up which don’t belong. And it’s affecting pretty much everyone at the top of the pile — this isn’t isolated, this isn’t occasional, this is persistent and widespread.

    If you want me to be a paid play tester, then send me a big pile of raid tickets and I will dutifully run through the entire heap and record every single right matchup and send them all your way.

    But this is something that pretty much any account you plop into the Legend tier with a decent pile of trophies should be experiencing. Do you have accounts that you can play test vs. the live matchmaking system?
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Do you really want us to send you every single screen shot for 50 matches in a row? Because that’s the issue. It’s not occasional fringe cases that show up which don’t belong. And it’s affecting pretty much everyone at the top of the pile — this isn’t isolated, this isn’t occasional, this is persistent and widespread.

    If you want me to be a paid play tester, then send me a big pile of raid tickets and I will dutifully run through the entire heap and record every single right matchup and send them all your way.

    But this is something that pretty much any account you plop into the Legend tier with a decent pile of trophies should be experiencing. Do you have accounts that you can play test vs. the live matchmaking system?

    I think what he's saying is send him a couple screenshots showing some EXAMPLES from the 50... basically he's saying whatever you can do helps. You don't have to go ham on this lol.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • HUGE DIFFERENCE. Thank you, @Joel!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We released a second set of changes today. @FatCat69's comment has me hopeful.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com