Make Dungeon Fair

I haven't been playing long, but I already HATE the My Dungeon section of this game. It is so inconsistent and unfair i am ready to stop doing anything with it. It could be amazing and fun, but I am getting tired trying to figure out how to compete in it. How can a defending unit with 2500 less power and 2 of 3 levels per hero less wipe out my fully updated team before I even get an attack? Why not use the same combat rules as campaign? At least that is consistent.

Comments

• I like pvp. Many people like pvp. Some people do not like pvp. Welcome to the forums, where pretty much every thread is people identifying whether they like pvp or not.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Nerf dungeons. Dungeons in general. All dungeons are unfair.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Nerf dungeons. Dungeons in general. All dungeons are unfair.

Chap 1-1 is the worst
  • Im guessing you are the victim of MK worshipers
    Mock exams finished...Im back!

• "Make Dungeon Fair"

I like my fairs outside. Not sure there'd by room in a dungeon for the ferris wheel.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited September 27
    How can a defending unit with 2500 less power and 2 of 3 levels per hero less wipe out my fully updated team before I even get an attack?
    The hero power is just a number to give you a vague idea how strong that hero is. It's just added up for the team and does not increase for synergy or passive team buffs. Reptiles have low team power but build a strong team because of their synergy. Same is true for beasts.

If a hero is killed then its turn is skipped. That is, if team members are killed in the order of their turns you can defeat the team before they even can move. The same happens when Bovus or Grog-Gnog slows their opponents.

The game favors the attacker because an attacker always can tailor his team for the defense and the AI controlled defenders act sometimes ... well, not that clever as a human can. To equalize that a bit the defenders go first.

And people like pvp because they can win most of their raids. If raids would be "fair" then the win-lost ratio would be 50-50. But this would not be fun for most players.
    Why not use the same combat rules as campaign? At least that is consistent.
    In the very early days of DB is was like that. It was bad.

• For me, right now PvP sucks. It doesn't make sense to me how to approach it and I am losing most of my attacks... It's enough for me to stop even trying pvp... Not when I can face the same units i have, that are 3 or even more levels below mine and they generate more than twice the damage as my fully upgraded unit???? Something stinks with that...

• For me, right now PvP sucks. It doesn't make sense to me how to approach it and I am losing most of my attacks... It's enough for me to stop even trying pvp... Not when I can face the same units i have, that are 3 or even more levels below mine and they generate more than twice the damage as my fully upgraded unit???? Something stinks with that...

They may have better runes than you do and may have their heroes fully ascended. Their attack power is listed, and more likely it is higher than your attack power. If your attack power is higher, then it is a matter of understanding what each hero can do.

• KaceyKacey Member
    Welcome to the DB forum. Instead of asking for help and tips, we complain and tell people to fix things that are "broken" by ill advised standards.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • danacdanac Member
    Kacey wrote: »
    Welcome to the DB forum. Instead of asking for help and tips, we complain and tell people to fix things that are "broken" by ill advised standards.

Your post is broken.
  • @Unknowable1 What Kacey is politely trying to say is: What teams are you struggling with? Perhaps we can help you. Give us an idea of what your strongest heroes are currently as well.
  • Right there with you buddy. My dungeon is the absolute worst part of dungeon boss for me, even when I have some understanding on how to counter heroes, I get completely wiped off with ease - makes me sick to my stomach and takes all the joy out of the game, to a point where I just wanna say screw it and quit PvP entirely and just do stuff I can actually participate in. So it comes down to just how freaking good your runes are, right? IDK but it **** well seems like it. And well when it comes to runes, I’ve never seen such a item that doesn’t scream resource drain resource drain resource drain. And it’s not even guaranteed folks, just a **** chance you’ll get what you need to maybe stand a chance against some of the best.
  • Frogatism wrote: »
    Right there with you buddy. My dungeon is the absolute worst part of dungeon boss for me, even when I have some understanding on how to counter heroes, I get completely wiped off with ease - makes me sick to my stomach and takes all the joy out of the game, to a point where I just wanna say screw it and quit PvP entirely and just do stuff I can actually participate in. So it comes down to just how freaking good your runes are, right? IDK but it **** well seems like it. And well when it comes to runes, I’ve never seen such a item that doesn’t scream resource drain resource drain resource drain. And it’s not even guaranteed folks, just a **** chance you’ll get what you need to maybe stand a chance against some of the best.

Sort of disagree, @Frogatism. Most of the runes I use for PvP I got by doing PvP. Use event rewards and crafting to get decent starter greater runes, and you should be able to get yourself into Legend bracket to start getting decent PvP rewards. Do a reasonable amount of PvP each week from there and you'll have enough honor to buy the superior rune each week. Start filling your meta PvP heroes up with those, and it's just a matter of time and gems if you want to push for top 100 for a second superior every week. Only need 4-6 really well runed heroes for the majority of your matches. It becomes way more about dedication than luck or hugely powerful roster.
  • Schnuppe wrote: »

The game favors the attacker because an attacker always can tailor his team for the defense and the AI controlled defenders act sometimes ... well, not that clever as a human can. To equalize that a bit the defenders go first.

like when you see a shade, you can add a light hero as bait so he doesn't target someone important with his fear. koros can be killed by fast heroes before he moves, etc.