Devs should start using fan-made heroes

Yep, you read the title.
Developers should seriously use fan-made heroes.
There are AMAZING artists in the DB community that make heroes and too bad no one from the DB team notices their amazing work.
I'm looking at you @atKorosLit and @ExtremeKorosPains
The art has already been made for you, so has the abilities.
If the abilities seem a bit off, change them!
Like 80% of a new hero has already been made for you Boss Fight, now why won't you use their designs?
IGN: MatadorGKilla
Level 60 (might forget to update)
Scrub in: Guildless right now lol.
My internet is back, I don't think anyone cares anyways.

Comments

  • They can't because of legal issues. :(. I would like to see this too but alas, it is not meant to be...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    They can't because of legal issues. :(. I would like to see this too but alas, it is not meant to be...

    Can't they use the person who created it's permisson?
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in: Guildless right now lol.
    My internet is back, I don't think anyone cares anyways.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Glad to be on the list!

    Anyways, snarky remarks aside, they can use hero ideas, but probably never ever will because, as I've been told directly from Joel, their creative department already comes up with tons of hero ideas, and they're probably going to use those before they even consider using one from the forums. Since, ya know, those people are actually there and part of the team and know what they're doing.

    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Glad to be on the list!

    Anyways, snarky remarks aside, they can use hero ideas, but probably never ever will because, as I've been told directly from Joel, their creative department already comes up with tons of hero ideas, and they're probably going to use those before they even consider using one from the forums. Since, ya know, those people are actually there and part of the team and know what they're doing.

    Well sh*t I guess.
    No fan made heroes now.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in: Guildless right now lol.
    My internet is back, I don't think anyone cares anyways.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Also you say 80% of the hero is done, but it's more like 3%. The development process, actual development, coding, play-testing (if they even do that), modeling, sounds and animation-making probably take up 97% of the work. Having concept art and abilities written down is like, literally nothing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Thank you for mentioning me @MatadorGKila but you can't forget @JackHallow666 rework ideas, they actually need to be in the game.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I- *sigh* I do hero ideas too. I guess it's been over a month since my last one, though.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I- *sigh* I do hero ideas too. I guess it's been over a month since my last one, though.

    @JackHallow666 Thats fine, you dont have to make one every week. In fact, you dont have to do one in like two months. Just try to make one in three months.

    Does Februrary March? But April May, luululululul
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • farfella wrote: »
    They can't because of legal issues. :(. I would like to see this too but alas, it is not meant to be...

    Can't they use the person who created it's permisson?


    No. Also yes jackhallow666 is the hero creating legend around here.

    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited September 27
    I don't know if they'll ever admit it, but I like to think the idea for Solaris partly came about from @JackHallow666 's idea for the flying beast healer concept. Though it was a blue hero, the idea translates well into a phoenix healer for the beast team.

    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55065/hero-idea-toby-the-beast-healer


  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I don't know if they'll ever admit it, but I like to think the idea for Solaris partly came about from @JackHallow666 's idea for the flying beast healer concept. Though it was a blue hero, the idea translates well into a phoenix healer for the beast team.

    I'm not sure. I once made a skin for Takumi that gave him fangs and made him look like an Oni (a Chinese demon), and during the anniversary a very similar looking skin for him was released. I asked Eej about it personally and he said it had nothing to do with it, the Takumi skin was in the works for... like, a year or more if I remember correctly. With something so simple as a skin taking a year, I'd imagine a hero idea is started at least a year in advance with massive planning, and they start a new one every month or two so that in a year, they will be done.

    Of course, the Takumi skin idea could've just been collecting dust on a shelf for most of that time, and maybe heroes really only do take just a couple months to make, but my point is, if I or anyone else makes a hero idea, and then a similar hero is actually released, it's probably not correlated.

    To boot, tons of people have been asking for a Beast healer basically since the game came out. They were probably just trying to figure out a way to make one. Either way, I'm happy. I personally think Solaris shares more traits with Hemara, at least visual wise, but she came out way after the hero you're referencing. I don't mean to argue with everything everyone says - I just honestly believe the development team takes little to no inspiration from any hero ideas here, be it from me or others. Of course, I don't mean to discourage anyone, I'm still gonna make them. They're fun to do!

    And hey, maybe there IS some connection. Joel told me once that the dev team does at the very least look over the Community Creations and Hero Ideas sections from time to time, how much they actually are affected by it, I don't know. I remember, almost 2 years ago, Haxus had hero contests. Her most popular one asked people to design a Fire Tank (at the time, none existed), and about 2-3 months later, Pignius came out! The perfect time frame! So I don't know. Sorry to discourage or give doubt to anyone. I love seeing creative content here, I wish we had more people doing it. I'd also like some confirmation if and when the development team actually DOES take inspiration from someone's ideas, I myself wouldn't take any offense. I'd be glad to know my ideas or someone else's actually inspired the developers of the game.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    I don't know if they'll ever admit it, but I like to think the idea for Solaris partly came about from @JackHallow666 's idea for the flying beast healer concept. Though it was a blue hero, the idea translates well into a phoenix healer for the beast team.

    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55065/hero-idea-toby-the-beast-healer

    Lol.... I just came across this. No, I think you just have to watch/read Harry Potter, the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, and all that classical stuff and you know where the heroes come from. :smiley:

    I'm 100 % sure, Furnace is based on "Alone at home"..... just watch the part where Kevin goes to the cellar. :blush:

  • Acually no many of jack's heroes have made it into the game, but have been changed so one cannot make a definate argument that they are his. Kind of like paraphrasing, but with heroes.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Acually no many of jack's heroes have made it into the game, but have been changed so one cannot make a definate argument that they are his. Kind of like paraphrasing, but with heroes.

    So you're saying they're modifying his heroes with heroes.
  • Sniff, my fan heroes were kinda boring gameplay wise anyways
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • I think it would be interesting for PVP to allow between 3-5 heroes. However many defenders are used, you need to bring the same number in the attacking party.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I think it would be interesting for PVP to allow between 3-5 heroes. However many defenders are used, you need to bring the same number in the attacking party.

    *waves hand mysteriously*

    "This is not the thread you are looking for..."
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Ok, well then Jack got his ideas from the movies. ;)

  • Weird. Not sure what happened there.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com