Solaris PvP ad infinitum

ReshkingReshking Member
edited September 27 in Feedback & Suggestions
Not sure if this has been brought up anywhere yet, not gonna try and delve into the chasm of this forum right now... I had the thought a week after Solaris was released, that since she is immune to herself, what if by some tragic happenstance you end up with only Solaris vs Solaris in PvP, the attacker is forced to forfeit which isn't entirely fair when considering so other combination like this would result such a way... long story short I jinxed myself. Is there a possible fix in the future? PvP draw?? j6udi6ynjmmu.png

Comments

• Nope. That’s game over man. :(
  • edited September 27
    Rip shade
    6n0cikm2hhmv.png
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Why should it be game over when I still have a hero left? I mean I sat and battled it out, finally killed shade, and then was stuck 'fire birding' it back and forth till I had to retreat. I think it needs to be addressed. There's no other circumstance where this would happen, so someone who works here should def look into it
  • Oh. You’re right. It’s not over. Keep fighting.

Your heroes won’t be able to do any damage, but feel free to click on the opposing defender.

And when you get tired of doing no damage, the retreat button is up there, but you’re right. It’s not over till you say it’s over.
  • A stalemate is a win for the defense.

Your attack did not break their defense, therefore the defense wins.

• Seriously, no need to be a ****. It's a valid question. No other hero is immune to itself, so yes, the defense wasn't 'broken' but that doesn't address the issue with Solaris in the dungeon. And 'using another character' is a cop-out response
  • @Reshking Yes, can be frustrating. In addition to this stalemate, there are several others that can occur, especially with high damage reduction heroes involved (at least until the battle revamp). I suppose they could put something in to call the match a "draw" after X number of rounds, but I doubt they would do that, as people might complain that they could have won if they had a few more moves. I also don't see them putting in logic to try to determine whether a draw is inevitable, so I think we are stuck with the mechanic. Fortunately draws can be avoided most of the time, so they shouldn't be overly common.

fyi - nice eclipse photo - did you take that yourself?
  • Foozle wrote: »
    @Reshking Yes, can be frustrating. In addition to this stalemate, there are several others that can occur, especially with high damage reduction heroes involved (at least until the battle revamp). I suppose they could put something in to call the match a "draw" after X number of rounds, but I doubt they would do that, as people might complain that they could have won if they had a few more moves. I also don't see them putting in logic to try to determine whether a draw is inevitable, so I think we are stuck with the mechanic. Fortunately draws can be avoided most of the time, so they shouldn't be overly common.

fyi - nice eclipse photo - did you take that yourself?

I get that. I know Bauble can be a nuisance at times with his DR. But that's only after stacking powerful runes on top of his baseline. The only issue I have with Solaris is that she is baseline immune to herself... at least Ekko has a physical attack to counter his spirit immunity. Just thoughts... and yes, I did! It was quite an experience! Thanks :)
  • Other heroes that cannot kill themselves 1 on 1 with a typical rune build:
    Yasmin
    Nub
    Zen
    Bauble
  • Reshking wrote: »
    No other hero is immune to itself ...
    what about Zen vs Zen? NubNub vs NubNub?
    The goal of a raid is to loot the chest. If you can't do it you failed and lose the raid :'(

• Guys, yes I understand that healers effectively are immune to themselves due to their ability to heal. They all still damage each other though. A basic attack from nub or zen or yasmin still damages their counterpart... Solaris CANNOT damage another Solaris. That was the point I was making. Effective immunity and actual immunity are really different.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited September 27
    Zen is shielded after his basic attack. He cannot be damaged by single attacks from Zen.
  • Pass the salt.
  • Reshking wrote: »
    Guys, yes I understand that healers effectively are immune to themselves due to their ability to heal. They all still damage each other though. A basic attack from nub or zen or yasmin still damages their counterpart... Solaris CANNOT damage another Solaris. That was the point I was making. Effective immunity and actual immunity are really different.

No, they're *slightly* different and *effectively* the same.

When designing PVP they decided a tie goes to the defender. The is regardless of whether it's an infinite tie, or whether all heroes from both sides are dead at the end of the match.
    Them's the rules, the rules are fair.