Unconventional teams

Any ideas on teams that seem random at first but that are actualy strong?
I have one in mind: fast nuke: 4 fast heroes with aoe abilities that will kill the enemy instantly, for example: lupina, mk, hopper and bd. I haven't tested it myself becaus most of them I have underleveled, but if someone were to test it I'd be happy to know if it works or not.
If you yourself have any idea on such team post them down below.
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    There's a reason the meta exists. It's because people have tried a bunch of teams and stuck with the ones that worked. There's probably a few weird teams here and there that could win a couple raids, but you're safer taking what everyone knows works. Ferno/Solaris/Grog/Leo got me from Champ III to Warlord I last season.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Any ideas on teams that seem random at first but that are actualy strong?
    I have one in mind: fast nuke: 4 fast heroes with aoe abilities that will kill the enemy instantly, for example: lupina, mk, hopper and bd. I haven't tested it myself becaus most of them I have underleveled, but if someone were to test it I'd be happy to know if it works or not.

I wouldn't call all fast team "random". They serve a purpose in some situations, such as if the defending team has no fast heroes.

However, runes make a big factor, so you gotta rune your heroes correctly and look at the runes of the defenders.
  • Any ideas on teams that seem random at first but that are actualy strong?

I use Shade/Kai/MK/Koros. I have Solaris, but try to do my own thing. I'm not all that creative and the squad doesn't have synergy, but all 4 are heavy hitters due to runes and seem to fit most situations. Kai ensures survivability, Shade is used surgically (1-shot Viperia/first normal speed hero to get Koros to go off/take out Hopper in a Shade/Hopper led dark team, etc.) and MK can either add AOE or do a high damage single target normal attack. Koros cleans up; if it's vs. Fire Immune Solaris, he can do a normal attack, but he can also remove Phoenix feather/taunt/invincibility, etc (plus he has Unnatural Fear, which allows him to fear beasts).

I've lost to very well runed Furnace/Bauble teams (I have legendary 5* Improved at L53, while some of my contemporaries have 5* Greater Legendaries already) and a RNG match vs. a Solaris Beast team.

However . . . like anything in this game, it comes down to runes for me. I got VERY lucky early on, with offensive bonuses on defensive runes and vice-versa (my MK has a Bulkwark with a 10% PvP Damage boost on it; he hits really hard but has a boosted D). My Kai has poison skin and Shade has Chilled Skin, etc., which allows me to do some status-effects even without set support heroes.

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 28
    Lupina torchy koros Astrid. Doesn't work well against shade/hopper teams, so yeah, pretty much doesn't work. However, it can be nice, even with minimal runes. Lupina fears everyone, torchy silences their first attacker, koros completely wipes the skin off of everyone, and Astrid is to clean up. If there is mk I just put kobal in first slot instead of Astrid.

This team has a high success rate in a low number of available teams. Most of the time, it sucks, but there is a time and a place for it for sure. Works well for me because I, a VIP 0, and don't have all the latest heroes and runes and whatnot, so I need a team where all the heroes are easy to star and ascend. Basically, a poor mans team. Works for me though :)
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • at least at my level, icebloom, stone fist, ponti, and tsume last are absolute beasts, and at least so far as a level 30, i have just pushed up with no resistance(literally nobody has hit my heroes) from gladiator 3 to gladiator champion 2 in this little time