Warriors Want Tickets and Squinch Seeks Scaly Skin

Comments

• Like the event, got kreel (not excited), got brom (not that excited), got squinch's epic to lvl 4 (somewhat excited) and got squinch to six stars (excited).
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Foozle wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is pretty obvious to everyone, but as a PSA for those who haven't figured it out, here is my take on what is happening with this event. Contrary to our ability to see how many heroic summons we have saved up, DB can see exactly how many people have. I'm assuming the number is staggering and before they release a new heroic portal hero, they would like to see that number come down quite a lot. Hence, this event. They are banking on many people depleting their "free" heroic summons, thus clearing the way for them to release a new fancy heroic portal hero. By reducing the surplus of saved up heroic summons, it will require people to buy more gems to 6 star any new hero that comes out.

I can't say it isn't a smart move on DB's part, but as for me and my household, we are saving our heroic summons in case I'm correct. ;)

Interesting view on the event. I did not realize that so many people had Heroic Summons stockpiled. Seeing as how they obviously do, what you say makes complete sense. I initially thought the event was just a strategy to get people to purchase gems for summons, but I could not understand why upper tier players would want the rewards from the the portal. What you explain here makes way more sense and fills the gaps in my thinking.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Joel,

Do all the quests in this event last for the full duration of the event? I'm a new player. In past events I've gotten halfway through quests not realizing that they would disappear a day or two before the event was over.

Yes, the quests will last for the full duration of the event. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel Since the pvp guild event has been cancelled, are there going to be just filler events till then? Another question (sorry) about the Halloween event, is it going to be more competitive or non-competitive?
    @Joel Since the pvp guild event has been cancelled, are there going to be just filler events till then? Another question (sorry) about the Halloween event, is it going to be more competitive or non-competitive?

I didn't say the PVP event was cancelled, just delayed to next week. I'll be making a post later today about it. :)
    The Halloween event's design is still being finalized.
  • Joel wrote: »

Will there be competitive brain eating? If not I am SOOO going to throw a fit!

Sockless wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Will there be competitive brain eating? If not I am SOOO going to throw a fit!

I'll pass your feedback along to the team. ;)
    @Joel Since the pvp guild event has been cancelled, are there going to be just filler events till then? Another question (sorry) about the Halloween event, is it going to be more competitive or non-competitive?

I didn't say the PVP event was cancelled, just delayed to next week. I'll be making a post later today about it. :)

We still looking at the same currency? Candy corn? Just curious:) ... Also some amazing event shop items huhhhhhhh

Joel - steak or seafood ?
  • joel can you put jackpot summons next
    edited September 29

We still looking at the same currency? Candy corn? Just curious:) ... Also some amazing event shop items huhhhhhhh

I'm pretty confident that there will be Candy Corn again. Odds of steak and seafood are rather low. Also, I'm suddenly very hungry. :(

I'm pretty confident that there will be Candy Corn again. Odds of steak and seafood are rather low. Also, I'm suddenly very hungry. :(

What, no Surf 'n' Turf?

Better tell Kreel and Bovus they can stop hiding.

So where's that post Joel? :)

...depending on how many saved up Heroic summons they manage to ferret out.
  • I just have to comment here and call out the developers for excluding any insight into this portal pull fiasco. It's events like these that really make me lose faith in a game that 'should' be a rewarding experience for the majority. Instead, we're looking at an escalating series of obvious cash grabs. Revenue issues, perhaps? Say it ain't so.

And, 100x yes to the implementation of a counter for stockpiled summons. I've lost summons in the past with minimal compensation, so I've resorted to keeping a running tally on file - word to the wise.

I'm sure with the wealth of complaints about the current state of DB, this will likely fall into the QQ dumpster. Though, it would be great if problems were fixed instead of added to.
  • @Skip_Holmes

I would like to award you 1 internet point. People are willing to throw away more cash than I ever imagined. Looks like we found ourselves a new up and coming mega whale!

Matt Cauthron formally concedes in regard to his previous materially incorrect statements.
  • @MattCauthron as we all received a blunt reminder of last November, never underestimate people's willingness to act against their own self interests in an attempt to be labeled a winner.
  • Wow. 1584 pulls so far. 40,000 gems for $100 in the sale. No VIP bonus on special offers.

40,000 gems gets you 40,000/2700 = 148.1 pulls. Add 10% free pulls, call it 163 pulls for $100.

So the spendiest player has spent $900 - $1000, so far (asssuming no saved up pulls).

And their guild has six empty spaces...

Second place is a player who has previously demonstrated their willingness to spend a shed load of cash just to prove their point in PvP (which was that by spending a shed load of cash you can win the weekly PvP).

And all for 5 nice but by no means unique runes.

I can see BD running these events again if they can make money with this ease.

• Can you imagine if all players would agree on some number? Thousand of winners :) of course it’s utopia.
  • @GlocalHero They tried. First with 100 then with 330.
  • @MattCauthron as we all received a blunt reminder of last November, never underestimate people's willingness to act against their own self interests in an attempt to be labeled a winner.

I suspect keeping the runes from other people was a partial motivation.
  • Man, it always amazes me how distraught people get over this game sometimes. I came here looking for other information, but stumbled on this. I don't agree with every direction I've seen the game take, but fundamentally I still like it, so I'm still here. Don't like the events? Don't like the decisions being made? Find some place else to go. It's like when people claim "I'll never shop here again" in a Walmart, as if it matters.

PS - I'm one of the event top five, and I've thrown $150 at the game to get where I am. *shrug* Dramatic.
  • Monnik wrote: »
    Man, it always amazes me how distraught people get over this game sometimes. I came here looking for other information, but stumbled on this. I don't agree with every direction I've seen the game take, but fundamentally I still like it, so I'm still here. Don't like the events? Don't like the decisions being made? Find some place else to go. It's like when people claim "I'll never shop here again" in a Walmart, as if it matters.

PS - I'm one of the event top five, and I've thrown $150 at the game to get where I am. *shrug* Dramatic.

Yup, "if you don't like something specific about a situation, it means you're disloyal and must hate the entire thing, so you should just go away instead of trying to improve it" is a sentiment that has resonated throughout history and led to some of our greatest advances!
  • MonnikMonnik Member
    Yup, "if you don't like something specific about a situation, it means you're disloyal and must hate the entire thing, so you should just go away instead of trying to improve it" is a sentiment that has resonated throughout history and led to some of our greatest advances!

Not what I said. You've clearly got a team that cares (otherwise they wouldn't be here talking to everyone) and doing it's best to makes updates appropriately, add content and make sure we're all having a good time, and (to me) when I come here (which isn't with incredible regularity) all I see is gripe, gripe, gripe.

Constructive criticism is fine, but if you're adamently unhappy no matter what someone tries to do, maybe you're better off making the change rather than waiting for one and being an **** about it.

My two cents.

• danacdanac Member
    Monnik wrote: »

Constructive criticism is fine,

Don't knock down load bearing walls.
    Monnik wrote: »
    but if you're adamently unhappy no matter what someone tries to do, maybe you're better off making the change rather than waiting for one and being an **** about it.

Sorry, but you've READ the internet before, right?
  • danac wrote: »
    Don't knock down load bearing walls.

It isn't the walls you have to be careful with

v21kauyqflku.gif
  • Like the event, got kreel (not excited), got brom (not that excited), got squinch's epic to lvl 4 (somewhat excited) and got squinch to six stars (excited).

HEy man how do you grind out the squinch tokens?
  • Phrones wrote: »
    Like the event, got kreel (not excited), got brom (not that excited), got squinch's epic to lvl 4 (somewhat excited) and got squinch to six stars (excited).

HEy man how do you grind out the squinch tokens?

Honor summons, just spamming like 8k a day
  • Where the runes that the guild members got if a member finished in the top 5 going to be paid out anytime soon?
  • tallkris wrote: »
    Where the runes that the guild members got if a member finished in the top 5 going to be paid out anytime soon?

This. I love how there's been zero communication on when these runes will be paid out.
  • They're hanging out on the steps of Moria, waiting for the Dwarves to hand over the freshly minted runes for them to hand out. Little do they know the Dwarves have taken payment and all gone out the back...