This game is becoming unplayable

danacdanac Member
edited September 28 in General Discussion
My playing experience today:

Load the game- 1-2 minutes, as it preloads, logins, loads, waits while it's telling you to tap to play and tapping doesn't do anything.

Start playing. This entails things like checking quests, going to My Dungeon, and scouting teams.
Game crashes.
Reload- see above.
Start playing. I want to have a streak so this means going to My Dungeon, scouting, and choosing a team.
Game crashes.
Reload- see above.
The teams I want to fight is, of course, a Solaris team, and since matchmaking update I'm seeing 5k+ rp all the time, meaning I often have to change up team or runes.
So go to hero page- this takes about 4-5 taps because of horrible My Dungeon design.
Click on hero I want to rerune. Start to change runes.
Game crashes.

I could go on.
Going to My Dungeon or Hero Page now regularly crashes game. I'm given to understand these sudden crashes are due to memory problems.
Maybe it's the extra mechanics of adding 2x speed to the game, but now the memory required to run the game steadily exceeds my device.

I'm not gonna go out and buy a new device simply because your programmers aren't good or efficient.

Comments

• Danac curious do you also experience delays from screen transitions, hero scrolling, tower team selection, like is the game feeling clunky for you?
  • Danac curious do you also experience delays from screen transitions, hero scrolling, tower team selection, like is the game feeling clunky for you?

I can get lagging during scrolling, but not all the time.
    Screen transitions and tea, selection is at worst hiccups, barely noticeable.

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited September 29
    @danac - do you also experience burning when urinating?
  • I used to play on a cheap android tablet and experienced every bit of that myself. Now I have an iPad and all of those things are gone. You know how these guys operate, they aren't going to do anything. At least, not very quickly if at all. So you either have to live with, quit playing, or get a better device.
  • http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56270/2-43gb-to-0-89gb-uninstall-and-reinstall#latest

What iphonesheep said. Uninstall and reinstall. Be sure you have your account linked somehwre before you start so you can get all your data back.

I almost never experience any of the game crashes you and others complain of, and I'm playing on a fairly old Nexus android tablet.
  • I wouldn't be complaining but it's gotten a lot worse since the update.

That suggests their coding is lousy.
  • danac wrote: »
    I wouldn't be complaining but it's gotten a lot worse since the update.

Thats not nice, can you code? If you can then you should join them, that way you guys could fix the game according to what you want.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56270/2-43gb-to-0-89gb-uninstall-and-reinstall#latest

What iphonesheep said. Uninstall and reinstall. Be sure you have your account linked somehwre before you start so you can get all your data back.

I almost never experience any of the game crashes you and others complain of, and I'm playing on a fairly old Nexus android tablet.

Yea I think I'm gonna try that already

Thats not nice, can you code? If you can then you should join them, that way you guys could fix the game according to what you want.

I can't sing either, but I know when someone can't carry a tune.
  • really? i had had no trouble so far
  • those aren't bugs, they are features
    danac wrote: »

I can't sing either, but I know when someone can't carry a tune.

Anyone can sing, they just gotta try. Sadly a lot of people dont try, like me
  • @danac, you might have a brain tumor.
  • danac, just complaining is useless, at least tell us what device & software version you're using and perhaps someone can help
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 29
    mikitaro wrote: »
    danac, just complaining is useless, at least tell us what device & software version you're using and perhaps someone can help

ZX Spectrum.

It is getting hard to find cassette tapes to record your data on though.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Danac's computer specs:

Processor: Level 4 Potato Core
    Graphics Card: Stale bagel found in the trash 2 months ago, with some wires glued to it
    Mouse: An actual mouse tied to the back of the monitor
    Anti-Virus Software: ThisTotallyIsntAVirusTrustMe Co. Virus "Protection"
    Favorite Search engine: Bing
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Danac's computer specs:

Graphics Card: Stale bagel found in the trash 2 months ago, with some wires glued to it

It certainly feels that way.

I didn't go into details about it because this wasn't a technical thread post, it was a complaint that the continued addition of new features is gobbling up memory and screwing things up.

But if it's only screwing things up for *me*, then it's not something I expect the devs to bother with.
    For the record it's a 2015 tablet with android 5.1.1

• sorry for this, here's danac with a car problem calling a mechanic

danac: do you repair cars ?
    mechanic: what kind of car do you have?
    danac: it's a 2015 & it has an engine
    mechanic: can you give me more details
    danac: it's red

• @danac - put your device in the microwave and use full power for two minutes. Microwaves kills bugs. It might also work for brain tumors.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @danac - put your device in the microwave and use full power for two minutes. Microwaves kills bugs. It might also work for brain tumors.

You tried to come up with a device to kill bugs and the first thing you thought of was a microwave?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @danac - put your device in the microwave and use full power for two minutes. Microwaves kills bugs. It might also work for brain tumors.

bvs - actually, cockroaches can survive microwaves ovens. The last place I lived repeatedly demonstrated that.

I *think* they can find "dead spots" in the microwave pattern.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 29
    Acually they are just freakish little fiends that can also survive up to 100x the amount of radiation a human can withstand, and will also live if their head is chopped of. The only reason they would die is because they starve to death.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Double tap the knife, it'll get your speed up
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 30
    danac wrote: »
    Danac's computer specs:

It certainly feels that way.

I didn't go into details about it because this wasn't a technical thread post, it was a complaint that the continued addition of new features is gobbling up memory and screwing things up.

But if it's only screwing things up for *me*, then it's not something I expect the devs to bother with.
    For the record it's a 2015 tablet with android 5.1.1

OK, so not that different to mine. I am running Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus 7. I've been playing this game on it since 2015, and I've had it a lot longer than that.

How much memory is the Dungeon Boss app using?

Why don't you update the operating system?

• danacdanac Member
    edited September 30
    sirtainly wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »

bvs - actually, cockroaches can survive microwaves ovens. The last place I lived repeatedly demonstrated that.

I *think* they can find "dead spots" in the microwave pattern.

farfella wrote: »
    Acually they are just freakish little fiends that can also survive up to 100x the amount of radiation a human can withstand, and will also live if their head is chopped of. The only reason they would die is because they starve to death.

Microwaves' wavelengths are such that ants can stroll around through the waves without getting hit.- to be nontechnical about it. Idk if cockroaches avoid the waves like ants or just survive them, but I'd guess the former, because microwave radiation isn't radioactive radiation.* Different wavelengths.
    Barleyman wrote: »

This is my pretty much my first tablet. I'm getting to the age where new things confuse and frighten me, like my parents were with computers and the internet, and their parents were with remote controls. So updating android is not something I'm familiar with or knew could do. I'm also scared to delete and reinstall after the last time I did it wiped my account. Even tho I play through google play to prevent that now.
    ...but this raises the question. My understanding is that the game occupies ROM [or the tablet equivalent], and that it runs on RAM [otte], and never the two shall meet. So reinstalling it shouldn't affect the operating memory used to run the game, right?

mikitaro wrote: »
    sorry for this, here's danac with a car problem calling a mechanic

danac: do you repair cars ?
    mechanic: what kind of car do you have?
    danac: it's a 2015 & it has an engine
    mechanic: can you give me more details
    danac: it's red

I'm horrible with cars.

bvs72 wrote: »
    might also work for brain tumors.

I gotta admit this danac's health bit you're on is either over my head or under my feet.

*to be nontechnical. Admittedly it's been years since I took physics, but all electromagnetic radiation is just different wavelengths, from UV to microwave.
    So I can't recall if you can classify them all as radioactive or not. In any case, the harmful waves emitted by radioactive materials are Gamma waves, among others. Any more detail will have to come from the science muppet.
  • @danac - the only wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation that you should think about are the ones that can shrink brain tumors.
  • RIP Thread 2017-2017 "Topic was forgotten after like five comments"
  • Barleyman wrote: »

This is my pretty much my first tablet. I'm getting to the age where new things confuse and frighten me, like my parents were with computers and the internet, and their parents were with remote controls. So updating android is not something I'm familiar with or knew could do. I'm also scared to delete and reinstall after the last time I did it wiped my account. Even tho I play through google play to prevent that now.
    ...but this raises the question. My understanding is that the game occupies ROM [or the tablet equivalent], and that it runs on RAM [otte], and never the two shall meet. So reinstalling it shouldn't affect the operating memory used to run the game, right?

It does, sort of.

ROM is where you store the game data. Imagine the game data is knives forks and spoons. You could keep them all in the cutlery drawer in the kitchen, or you could put some in the bathtub, some under the bed, some behind the couch etc.

When it comes time to lay the table, it's quicker to do so if all the cutlery is in the drawer, but you can still do it the other way, it'll just take longer. You're also more likely to get interrupted and lose track of where you are, and end up with three two forks and no knife on the table.

RAM is where you run all the activities required to lay the table. If you know where all the cutlery is and it's quick and easy to find, you don't need as much RAM to get the job done.

The operating system helps do all this stuff efficiently. Updating it will help your tablet do everything better.

To update your operating system (if your tablet is the same as mine) click on settings, scroll down to system, click about tablet, then system updates (top line). If your OS can be updated it will allow you to here, and probably reboot the tablet, so don't pause a PvP battle while yo do this.

I linked my game to Facebook and that was all that was required to reinstall all my data. If you're linked to Google Play that should work fine too. Also take a screenshot of your account page woth BDID and Client number, just in case.

You should do the OS first, then the uninstall and reinstall.

My parents were confused and frightened by horseless carriages.

• Games with 3D graphics are always going to be resource hogs. Personally I think there should be some kind of throttling control in the settings, to turn down or off unnecessary 3D assets (e.g. turn off 3D characters walking around the town, showing 3D character in menus, etc.). Turning down the special effects too would be useful.

It's frustrating when you get into a game but the updates start using more and more resources, so the game starts crashing more the longer you play it.