Guild Grand PVP Tourney is Coming Next Week! (October 5th)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 2 in Announcements
We're excited to announce our newest Guild event, the Guild PvP Grand Tourney! This event is similar to the Guild Games, but whereas the Guild Games are completely PvE focused, this event is completely PvP focused.

A few important things to know:
  • Similar to Guild Games, the Guild you're in at the beginning of the event is your Grand Tourney Guild. Guildmasters, be sure to have your lineups set by Sunday night!
  • The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
  • The event begins on Thursday, October 5th at 3pm CST. The season still begins on Wednesday at 3pm CST as per usual.
  • There are three special buffs/debuffs running during the event to shake up the metagame! These buffs/debuffs last for the entire event. In future Grand Tourneys, we'll run different buffs/debuffs to make each event unique!
  • Rewards are similar to the ones from Guild Games, and include Solaris tokens.
  • There are quests that pay out event tickets. Event tickets are NOT related to Trophies in any way. However, there are some 5x repeatable quests that will pay out 500 tickets to you and 30 tickets to every other member of your guild. The majority of the tickets that can be earned in this even are from your guildmates…they really add up and are added to your inventory immediately. Best part? No mail messages to deal with! You'll get a chat notification when a guildmate earns tickets for you, but your inboxes have been spared!
  • There are also a few quests that pay out Raid Tickets. These quests will only pay out to you personally.
  • The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, similar to the Boss Invasion event so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.
  • Lastly, PvP win streaks are deactivated for the entire season of the Grand PVP Tourney! This means that streaks are disabled starting on Wednesday and stay that way after the event ends, but will be reactivated at the start of the following season.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• TopKnightTopKnight Member
    edited September 29
    I like it! Are the trophy counts per win going to higher without streaks?
    Post edited by TopKnight on
  • Yeah, but won't my league placement go way down with the elimination of streaks?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Looks cool! If the event doesn't start until Thursday, though, why would we need to have our guild lineups set on Sunday night?
  • jojos23 wrote: »
    Looks cool! If the event doesn't start until Thursday, though, why would we need to have our guild lineups set on Sunday night?

You don't. Joel says you have the first half of the week to set your lineup.
  • Chicken dance is a dance where we do the hump
  • Disabling streaks will lead to FAR lower total trophy counts and prevent many from reaching the league they want to next season. Solution @Joel?
  • There is no need for a solution @NobodyPi. In fact, this is a solution to make the competition more competitive
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    jojos23 wrote: »
    Looks cool! If the event doesn't start until Thursday, though, why would we need to have our guild lineups set on Sunday night?

You don't. Joel says you have the first half of the week to set your lineup.

Actually he did. First bullet point.

I’m the 3rd bullet point he said you have the first half of the week to get in the best league.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited September 30
    “The event begins on Thursday, October 5th at 3pm CST. This means that you have the first half of the week to get into the best league you can!”

Joel, what do you mean by this?

We have 24 hours from the start of the new season and when GG starts. And streaks stop even before GG. So kinda confused by this bullet point.
  • MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited September 30
    Great, I can't make it to Legend 1 that season due to no win streaks.
    Sh*t.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 55 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Path of Darkness.
    Also likes cake.
    forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56581/darkwood-the-plant-tank-dark-hero/p1?new=1
    forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56643/fast-spirit-hero-idea-mist/p1?new=1
    Check out my new heroes if you care, check out Mist first.
  • I'm also confused by the statement "you have the first half of the week to get in the best league you can." Can you clarify this please? Does that mean after guild games starts you can't advance any further in the leagues? Also, are the trophies you earn per win fixed or does it depend on which league you are in? If it depends on league and leagues are fixed starting on Thursday and can't be advanced, does that mean we need to get to Legend I before the start of GG or we are permanently stuck at a lower trophy per win level?

Thanks
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 30
    When does the event end?

Like others, I'm confused how 1 day equals half a week.

At present my 'easy' options are around 5,300 rune points, so no PvP battle is better than a 50/50 chance to win at best. I'm thinking I'm not going to do well in this event.
  • edited September 30
    I like the event, but no win streaks? Now thats a challenge. @Joel Are the rewards going to pay out in like 100 solaris tokens for top guild, 75 for 2 and 3rd guild, 50 for 4 - 10th guild?

Also, is there going to be change to the weekly guild tournament rewards? Like for example changing Hagrim tokens to Malice tokens or whatever, Im not asking for this to be implemented this month or next.
  • No streaks, no streaks, la la la la la la...
  • @Joel, 2 major questions: (mentioned by many people)
    1. How will we be expected to get a league that we want to without streaks? (especially for anyone who doesn't want to participate heavily in the guild event)
    2. What did you mean by we have half a week to get to the league we want when the event starts 24 hours after the new season, and we have no streaks the entire season?
  • niclow92niclow92 Member
    edited September 30
    I believe what he means is:
    Since pvp always starts on thurs, we have mon to wed to finish the previous season as high as we can so that the pvp tourney season will be slightly easier for us to get into the league we want. It is possible that rewards are based on league standing as well as trophies earned. Probably stop speculating and wait for the actual news.

Also, the tourney lasts maybe 3-4 days (thurs to sun/mon).

The "no streaks" will however last from thurs to wed.

On Hagrim tokens, it shouldn't really matter since the aether shop allows conversion and you can simply buy other heroes there. The weekly pvp tokens changing are pretty good enough.
    Post edited by niclow92 on
  • edited September 30
    @ Joel I guess no win streaks is fine, DB listened to the feedback of the boss invasion so they are making this event more suitable for beginning players. So I guess if we didn't complain so much this wouldn't happen

• epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited October 4
    I have a slightly different point of view in the no streak thing....due to their being a decent amount of RNG in the meta right now the elimination of streaks still favors the more skilled player...yes it also favors more grind but after all we are playing dungeon boss! But player A does 80 raids, he gets a few lucky wins and some favorable match up makes it all the way to 70-0, then precede to lose half of his next battles so 75-5 total score....player B raids the same number yet loses at 20 every run so ends with a total of 76-4..which one is the more skilled player? Player B actually is statistically speaking, but he is also, if streaks were in play, way behind player A trophy wise. Even if he were a better player over all. Removing streaks removes The Who gets the worse RNG match ups at the worst times factor and favors a direct better ratio. It also still favors doing more raids but that would still be the case with or without raids
    Post edited by epicredcard on
  • ok, please no essays keep it short and interesting
  • My cynicism is on high alert with the current portal event, and here goes. As a F2P weekly L1 player, I rely on streaks to progress up. It feels like you are removing my competitive advantage by abolishing streak, and doing so during this event feels every bit like another attempt of cash/resource grab.

Also, I recall the decision for weekly guild reward to revert from gems to summons possibly due to complaints for inequitable conversion. Let's make a loud call to bring gems reward back.
  • [quote="Skuls;c-203012"
    Also, I recall the decision for weekly guild reward to revert from gems to summons possibly due to complaints for inequitable conversion. Let's make a loud call to bring gems reward back.[/quote]

No. Summons are way better. If you are ever going to use the heroic portal, it is better to have 5 summons (worth 1350 gems) than 1100 gems or whatever it was.
  • Skuls wrote: »
    My cynicism is on high alert with the current portal event, and here goes. As a F2P weekly L1 player, I rely on streaks to progress up. It feels like you are removing my competitive advantage by abolishing streak, and doing so during this event feels every bit like another attempt of cash/resource grab.

Also, I recall the decision for weekly guild reward to revert from gems to summons possibly due to complaints for inequitable conversion. Let's make a loud call to bring gems reward back.

Everybody gets streaks, not just you, so it wasn't an advantage. We all rely on streaks to go up, just that some players extend those streaks using gems for extra raids so they can go up faster.

Gems are more useful than summons, that's why they give summons.

• FriendOfFoesFriendOfFoes Member
    edited September 30
    What about raid tickets? Are raids going to be free or are we expected to dump gems to stay competitive in this event?
  • What about raid tickets? Are raids going to be free or are we expected to dump gems to stay competitive in this event?

Of course you will have to spend gems. They may give us like 4 raid tickets as a way of saying get ready for the GG pvp tourney! But don’t expect anything more than that.
  • New metas=Rune rearrangement; I'm sure everyone would appreciate a free Rune unequip the day of and the day after the event!
  • Im so negative with streaks being removed for this event. That means, this event will require 0 pvp skills. The one who spends more gems and do more raids will end up on top even if he/she loses half of the raids.
    This has always been like that in guild based events. Spend stamina, buy more with real money, then repeat. I was pretty positive about this pvp event but seems like it will be the same: spend gems to do raid, buy more with real money, repeat... So even if im the best PvPer ever (im not claiming that i am), and i do 500 win -0 loss for this event, someone who does 1000-499 will get more points than me.
  • boooousak wrote: »
    Im so negative with streaks being removed for this event. That means, this event will require 0 pvp skills. The one who spends more gems and do more raids will end up on top even if he/she loses half of the raids.
    This has always been like that in guild based events. Spend stamina, buy more with real money, then repeat. I was pretty positive about this pvp event but seems like it will be the same: spend gems to do raid, buy more with real money, repeat... So even if im the best PvPer ever (im not claiming that i am), and i do 500 win -0 loss for this event, someone who does 1000-499 will get more points than me.

And herein lies the tricky balance a freemium or p2win game requires.

On one hand micro transactions is what generates revenue for the. On the other hand, they need to balance it right so they keep their playerbase to have casuals as well.

I feel that buying with real money should be a small factor in the equation, with the biggest factor that separates the top guilds being time.
  • It's interesting to me to see who comes out now to support streaks.

Reading posts before this, and streaks are terrible.

Now from these posts streaks are the best thing ever. Guess the old adage is true "can't please everyone" #sorryJoel

• I think streaks in general are good, but are too important in everyday PvP. I think there shouldn't be a time limit, should be a cap, and/or losing should reduce it by some number (like 3, 5, or 10) but not all the way.
  • edited October 1
    Joel wrote: »
    We're excited to announce our newest Guild event, the Guild PvP Grand Tourney! This event is similar to the Guild Games, but whereas the Guild Games are completely PvE focused, this event is completely PvP focused.

[*] The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
    [*] The event begins on Thursday, October 5th at 3pm CST. This means that you have the first half of the week to get into the best league you can!

@Joel will be the pvp MM based on the same mechanism of the actual Pvp?

It includes mid 60s bashed by higher levels?
    Leagues...are based on the same mechanism?

Or is it based on others criteria?

Just to know it before everything starts...

Ps There will be any FREE RUNES REMOVE before the event starts?