Guild Grand PVP Tourney is Coming Next Week! (October 5th)

Comments

• @Joel there will be honor in the honor shop?, do you mean tokens or something?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Edited comment for clarity.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel Personally as someone who plays PvP every week and pushes with streaks to get to Legend 1 I think the changes to no streaks without either raising the reward per fight or lowering the league requirements is ridiculous. Fight just as hard to not get nearly as far and then when its over and you turn streaks back on I'm going to probably be starting in a lower league and need to make up more trophies anyway because lets say I only get 30K with no streaks instead of the normal 41-43K I end the Season with, now I start next season at 15K instead of 20K and thus have to fight even harder just to get back to where I was before. This is POORLY thought out and punishing to people who aren't either in the top or the bottom of PvP.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    I'm actually fine with the "no streaks." Primarily because it means I will get some sleep during the event. If streaks were active, then I'd feel compelled to get up every two hours to maintain the streak. So, from a quality of life perspective I think it is good.

As to not being able to get to Legend 1 as easily, I think this is a non-issue at least for more hard core players, as it would only take 125 wins at 160 per win to get to Legend 1 from the starting point of 20,000 trophies. I would think that most players who are serious about competing in the guild games would be able to easily get 125 wins in the 3.5 days given. That is only about 35 wins per day. I could be wrong, but 35 wins per day doesn't seem too difficult. Even free to play people will get 12 tickets per day for the passage of time, plus the two from quests, plus 8 from the aether shop, giving them 22 "free" raids per day. And if they give some free raids as part of the quests, you won't be very far off from the 35 per day needed to get to Legend 1.

My analysis might be flawed and if so, let me know, but I don't think getting to Legend 1 will be a huge lift.
  • I think for the event, no streaks is good. However, I think it is not good to have the same requirements for personal league rewards.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I think for the event, no streaks is good. However, I think it is not good to have the same requirements for personal league rewards.

I agree for the casual player, as it hurts them quite a bit. For a serious event player, my guess is they will all get to Legend 1 without too much difficulty.
  • lord_tacolord_taco Member
    edited October 4
    I'm a level 49 trying to get to lvl 50, i'm in champion 1. I also have very little understanding of runes besides knowing that they are good. From what i've read it seems to me that this event only benefits warlock and above. So where does this leave the rest of us? stuck earning minimal trophys? because the season ends and i'll never get back up with out streaks.(I AM A CASUAL PLAYER)-(I AM OLD SCHOOL)-(I really dislike runes)-(The old PvP was fun!)-(honnor scrolls just sound cooler)
  • ruqqsruqqs Member
    edited October 4
    @Joel MM still broken, could you guys fix it first.

lvl 62 fighting lvl 70 with 5500

Thanks.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited October 4
    ruqqs wrote: »

Thanks.

I think Mega Minion is rather well-balanced. Gotta deal with MK (Mega Knight) though.

Post edited by MonkeyHunter on
  • ruqqsruqqs Member
    edited October 4
    ruqqs wrote: »

Thanks.

I think Mega Minion is rather well-balanced. Gotta deal with MK though.

It does piss off players when lvl 62 fights lvl 70 beast team with 5500 power, E M H are 4.5k - 5.5k / refreshing up to millions and no changes. :pensive:
  • Foozle wrote: »

My analysis might be flawed and if so, let me know, but I don't think getting to Legend 1 will be a huge lift.

The flaw in your analysis is it doesn't account for losses and it presupposes that all active players can beat the rightmost opponent every time. With the current problems in matchmaking which despite what has been posted ARE NOT FIXED, and the fact that right now I can't even beat the left most team more than half the time because they are a full on all superior runes beast team with solaris that constant rezzes that has a lower rating because only one at most has an epic. Just for the heck of it I just blew a bunch of gold to see what the group distribution was like, I have over 20 teams in a row (6+ resets with all 3 teams basically the same) with full on Solaris beast teams or Solaris beast teams with rocky or Solaris beast teams with Ferno. Then I finally got in the left most spot a 32K power team with a 9.5K Shade, 8K SB, 9K Igorok, 5.5K furnace with all DR runes. Middle 26K team with rocky, shade (almost 10K), all superior astrid with DR, Lily mostly DR. and the right most being a Solaris team with Leo the double rezzer, grog, and just to add they subbed in hopper, that team despite almost all superior runes was 20K power because they had no epics.

If we want PvP to stay a toy of the top 100 instead of something everyone can enjoy and advance in, get better at, and become competitive with, then its just fine. If not they need to fix it and this event is only going to make it worse. I am in a guild that almost always gets full crowns and does reasonably well in the guild games and the boss event but almost no one PvPs seriously, I'm one of 2-3 players who bother to go for legend because PvP isn't fun or playable for the average person.

Foozle I love what you do and say on these boards, I love the calculations and theroycrafting, but in this you have no idea what the average player is like or how bad PvP is for them now.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    @lythstihl -- Thanks and glad you enjoy the theorycrafting. I need to get busy and start updating again. I was holding off until the combat revamp doing too much.

Yes, I realize that the casual/average player is hurt by lack of streaks, so can totally understand that. But, it is just for this one week and hopefully the free tickets from quests will help offset the lack of streaks. Also, I think they were considering lowering the league thresholds, but I haven't heard anything definite on that yet.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    @lythstihl -- Thanks and glad you enjoy the theorycrafting. I need to get busy and start updating again. I was holding off until the combat revamp doing too much.

Yes, I realize that the casual/average player is hurt by lack of streaks, so can totally understand that. But, it is just for this one week and hopefully the free tickets from quests will help offset the lack of streaks. Also, I think they were considering lowering the league thresholds, but I haven't heard anything definite on that yet.

Its not just lack of streaks, with the introduction of solaris the meta for PvP is just ridiculous now and as opposed to short fights taking a couple of minutes now sometimes I have fights that last 10 or more minutes due to the constant rezzing. I don't have time to play this game that way all the time. Solaris was a poorly thought out addition screaming of "wouldn't it be cool to have a hero that...."
  • edited October 4
    There will be still the chest(daily) reward in pvp during the event?

And as a (good, I hope) solution to help those players who are constantly attacked by others, why not (it's long time I was asking that) to add some honour and money back, when you win an incoming fight?

As long as you lose some honour (and gold and trophies) when you lose an incoming fight, why not to get back some money and honour and not only trophies once you win an incoming fight?

It makes sense in my opinion(for sure not exceeding the basic daily reward).

p.s. This happens even in top 100.
    I.e. Maldeen and Shiggity.
    Maldeen gets less honour and money from his daily reward even winning almost 2/3 of his incoming fights.
    Shiggity gets more honour
    and money than him even winning only 1/3 of his incoming fights.

2wmr83z032vb.png
    Post edited by PontifexAeternus on
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    I think Solaris is designed brilliantly and has skaken up the meta. Unfortunately this has meant longer fights for average players. Watch replays of Boss 100 and you should find some quicker options for you to work towards.
  • ruqqs wrote: »

Thanks.

I think Mega Minion is rather well-balanced. Gotta deal with MK (Mega Knight) though.

You still play CR? I though the playerbase dropped by around 8% during the past couple months. Mega Minion used to be op though
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Can DB reset everyone to the trophy count that they started in for the coming reset?
  • echonap wrote: »
    Can DB reset everyone to the trophy count that they started in for the coming reset?

I think they will.
  • I know that not many people like the "no streaks" feature but you know what they say - "The higher the risk, the better the reward". Lets just hope this is true
  • I mean, reset next Wednesday to the trophy count that we have at reset today. If so, great. Problem solved regarding casual players losing out on league placement due to no streaks
  • Ok so feedback:
    1. Each pvp win gives you guild points and trophies
    2. Guild points scale to battle difficulty (easy is worth less then hard)
    3. Guild points are not affected by streaks. Streaks increase trophies only
    4. Guild pvp tourny leaderboard is based off of guild points. Boss 100/League placement is not changed at all during this event since the event itself is running off a completely separate currency.

Sound good? I'm sure its far too late to change this guild pvp tourny but would this make everyone happy next time?

Personally i don't really mind no streaks but since it seems like it is pretty upsetting to a lot of people. I think this would allow normal pvp to continue in all its streaky glory while the guild pvp tourny ran at the same time and streaks had no effect.
    centralcommand
  • @CentralCommand - i think that's a MUCH better implementation. This way we don't get screwed on the lifetime trophy counts either..
  • Ok so feedback:
    1. Each pvp win gives you guild points and trophies
    2. Guild points scale to battle difficulty (easy is worth less then hard)
    3. Guild points are not affected by streaks. Streaks increase trophies only
    4. Guild pvp tourny leaderboard is based off of guild points. Boss 100/League placement is not changed at all during this event since the event itself is running off a completely separate currency.

Sound good? I'm sure its far too late to change this guild pvp tourny but would this make everyone happy next time?

Personally i don't really mind no streaks but since it seems like it is pretty upsetting to a lot of people. I think this would allow normal pvp to continue in all its streaky glory while the guild pvp tourny ran at the same time and streaks had no effect.

I asked that several posts up about keeping separate scores and Joel mentioned something along the lines that it is a lot harder to implement/program than we think.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @CentralCommand, the implementation is not so simple, and would also involve making major UI changes to ensure we are able to clearly show how many guild points each battle is worth while still showing trophies.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited October 4
    Hahahahaha, thank you DB Team! :) :p
    (I HATE STREAKS!)

XCzVxtO.jpg
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited October 4
    Joel wrote: »
    @CentralCommand, the implementation is not so simple, and would also involve making major UI changes to ensure we are able to clearly show how many guild points each battle is worth while still showing trophies.

Why not just have three infinitely repeatable quest lines, one for each PvP raid difficulty, that reward guild points on completion? Win a bunch of raids, collecting trophies and streaks as normal, then turn in the quests for them, earning set number of guild points for each. No UI changes needed, total separation of guild points from trophies and/or streaks, everyone happy.
  • Why not just have three infinitely repeatable quest lines, one for each PvP raid difficulty, that reward guild points on completion? Win a bunch of raids, collecting trophies and streaks as normal, then turn in the quests for them, earning set number of guild points for each. No UI changes needed, total separation of guild points from trophies and/or streaks, everyone happy.

Only problem with that is the ability to hold back quests, thus nullifying live tracking. I think live tracking was a big win for DB because it encourages spending when you can see exactly how far behind/ahead your guild is.

• Joel wrote: »

Why not just have three infinitely repeatable quest lines, one for each PvP raid difficulty, that reward guild points on completion? Win a bunch of raids, collecting trophies and streaks as normal, then turn in the quests for them, earning set number of guild points for each. No UI changes needed, total separation of guild points from trophies and/or streaks, everyone happy.

I was with you until "everyone happy". It seems no matter how well thought out and awesome these events are, there will always be players who will believe that everyone else is getting a benefit from them and that they are losing.

I think there has been way too much speculation and frustration regarding an event that hasn't even hit yet.
  • echonap wrote: »

Only problem with that is the ability to hold back quests, thus nullifying live tracking. I think live tracking was a big win for DB because it encourages spending when you can see exactly how far behind/ahead your guild is.

This.

DB should never go back to guild points via quest turn-in IMO.