Guild Grand PVP Tourney is Coming Next Week! (October 5th)

124»

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    @CentralCommand, the implementation is not so simple, and would also involve making major UI changes to ensure we are able to clearly show how many guild points each battle is worth while still showing trophies.

@Joel to be clear, I'm not saying "we need this by tomorrow!!" I was just trying to turn all the complaining into some constructive feedback for next time. The main point of the idea was simply trophies are for the main pvp tourny, lets figure out another way to track the guild pvp tourny that only acknowledges E/M/H but not streaks.

And what @Skip_Holmes said is a way we could do it without UI changes at all, yea.

Another way with UI changes would be to remove the gold part from the scouting screen and replace it with guild points since it is the same for all 3 battles. In fact you should probably just permanently remove gold from the scouting screen since it doesn't change between E/M/H or for streaks, it's really just noise on the scouting screen.
    a08zt1eedh3t.png

Adding it to this screen is a little trickier since you have to shift things around. I think there's room to squish things together a bit although I realize you have many different devices and screen resolutions to support. If you replace gold in the first screenshot then its probably not necessary to add it here in the first pass, could come back to this later when you have more time.
    p38yn7hfsqwp.png
    centralcommand
  • Joel wrote: »
    @CentralCommand, the implementation is not so simple, and would also involve making major UI changes to ensure we are able to clearly show how many guild points each battle is worth while still showing trophies.

@Joel to be clear, I'm not saying "we need this by tomorrow!!" I was just trying to turn all the complaining into some constructive feedback for next time. The main point of the idea was simply trophies are for the main pvp tourny, lets figure out another way to track the guild pvp tourny that only acknowledges E/M/H but not streaks.

And what @Skip_Holmes said is a way we could do it without UI changes at all, yea.

Another way with UI changes would be to remove the gold part from the scouting screen and replace it with guild points since it is the same for all 3 battles. In fact you should probably just permanently remove gold from the scouting screen since it doesn't change between E/M/H or for streaks, it's really just noise on the scouting screen.
    a08zt1eedh3t.png

Adding it to this screen is a little trickier since you have to shift things around. I think there's room to squish things together a bit although I realize you have many different devices and screen resolutions to support. If you replace gold in the first screenshot then its probably not necessary to add it here in the first pass, could come back to this later when you have more time.
    p38yn7hfsqwp.png

I think the one great thing about using PvP trophies as the only source of points is that we will get truly live leaderboards as you can't hold quests or anything.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

a08zt1eedh3t.png

p38yn7hfsqwp.png

I think the one great thing about using PvP trophies as the only source of points is that we will get truly live leaderboards as you can't hold quests or anything.

Yea I know. Ideally there would be no quests. That's why I proposed UI changes, you wouldn't need quests then it would just be dungeon rewards. But Joel said UI changes are harder so I guess the question then is what's more important to people: that its truly live or that the guild pvp tourny has no effect on the normal pvp tourny? Only one thing can be top priority, both can't be #1.

Course we could also say "please don't run the guild pvp tourny again until you have both a live leaderboard and it has no effect on the pvp tourny" but then we have no idea how long that will take. And its pretty fair of them to ask us to hold back ultimatums until we've at least seen the thing in action, at least in my opinion.
    centralcommand
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited October 4
    @Joel

if we arent going to allow streaks can we at least raise the base trophy count? 160 per win is really low especially since we are throwing away tons of extra gems for the event to then gain less trophies as a whole seems unfair. should at least be 250 in my opinion.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited October 4
    We are open to changing how future iterations of the event work and appreciate all the feedback, but tomorrow's event is set as-is, without changed league brackets or increased base trophy counts. After the event ends, we'll examine how things went and figure out how we can improve it. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • thanks for the quick response!
  • So... streaks are already disabled?
  • So... streaks are already disabled?

You really don't know the answer to this?
  • It's an understandable question, as they had made it sound like they would be enabled until the start of the event.

Oh well. No big deal. Just a few more raids to make the same progress.
  • @Joel -- with the pvp tournament and shifting metas due to buffs, can we expect some free rune equip time today or tomorrow (or best yet, throughout the event?)

Please.

• Does anyone, ever have nothing to whine about? Geez! Just enjoy the fact that their is a team of individuals, working just as hard as you all do at their job! Have fun with these new events, good luck!
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited October 4
    (Just as a matter of perspective, I'm apparently a faiirly poor pvp'er (mystified why that is) and am only getting 25-40 trophies per victory. It will be interesting to see how us at the "lower end of the spectrum" do in the event.

Of course I'm going to make a serious effort to majorly step up my game for the sake of my guild, but I'm still not expecting anywhere near the performance some of you are talking about.)
  • Alternatively, count points via honor. It’ll be strongly win-based though. Can also benefit players of all pvp levels (ie. Warlord, champion, etc).
  • It just sounds like we'll have to win a lot more battles to climb back up to the same League we would normally.

OK, we're being given more tickets so we can raid more, but we don't always have time for tons of PvP battles, especially with Solaris now making many if not most individual battles drag on and on...
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    It just sounds like we'll have to win a lot more battles to climb back up to the same League we would normally.

OK, we're being given more tickets so we can raid more, but we don't always have time for tons of PvP battles, especially with Solaris now making many if not most individual battles drag on and on...

But you have 2x speed now! :D
  • wow - got bounced back to "recruit 1" (is that the first one?) Getting the same power scores as I was getting in Warlord but with as little as 18 trophies? Hoping the team compositions won't be the best...

Its going to be a long weekend if we're only being measured by trophies gained...will wait to see the event and the quest structure...
  • God, just reading this thread makes my head hurt, and the event hasn't even started yet. I foresee the wailing and gnashing of teeth reaching hellish proportions by Friday evening.

Without a limitless supply of hammers, I'm afraid my daily chests are going be pretty worthless. PVP is about to turn into a zombie piranha feeding frenzy.

At this point, I can't say I'm optimistic about this event but we'll see how it goes. I'm sure it'll be decent but with a few kicks to the groin. Hopefully no quests get yanked out from under us in the first 24 hours.
  • heelerheeler Member
    You radically changed the reward thresholds from what we were told in the Summit!
  • I had a NEW banner over my aether shop, but nothing new inside...whats going on ? :D
  • already kinda disappointed. I knew there were going to be rules changes, but didn't see them as they're behind the event banner. come on guys, make it obvious when you're gonna nerf something as ubiquitious as aoe abilities for an entire event.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    I'm getting emails when guildmates earn tickets for me -- I thought orginal post said there wouldn't be emails?
  • Foozle wrote: »
    I'm getting emails when guildmates earn tickets for me -- I thought orginal post said there wouldn't be emails?

You sure it's not the raid ticket email? I'm getting only raid ticket emails. Guess DB forgot to disable those as well.
  • So 3 buffs/debuffs running during the event.
    I've noticed healers (or at least nubnub) start PVP with a shield up.
    Anyone figure out the others?
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    So 3 buffs/debuffs running during the event.
    I've noticed healers (or at least nubnub) start PVP with a shield up.
    Anyone figure out the others?

They are listed in the "info" button on the event banner. DB didn't make it very easily noticable.

But it's:

1. AOEs do 50% dmg
    2. Slow gets aegis shield to start
    3. Skinned heroes get +starting energy.
  • Thanks shiggity :)
  • BlothBloth Member
    After 1 day of this event. I NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN ! Seriously, endless grind and waste of gold & resources. No variety , I see the same team 90% of the time. And I’m pretty sure everyone has received their fare share of how over the top Solaris is.
    PS: Game has crashed 3 times on me & guild share ticket is not showing up when mail is opened. Honestly, sadly, not surprised about the glitches.
124»