Epic boss idea - The Walking Fortress

I know there are some people that think of new hero ideas that they wish were in the game, well there are some who took a step further. Those people have created some amazing work and have put a lot of thought into their creations, legend has it that they are called Fan-made heroes *gasp*. A few honourable mentions would be @JackHallow666 @atKorosLit @MatadorGKila @NobodyPi @LifeReaperBroom, sorry if your name is not on the list. BUT WAIT THERES MORE, one guy whom goes by the name of Bvs- I mean ExtremeKorosPains took another STEP further...he created a new idea for an epic boss. I always thought the campaign was quite dead and people pretty much just quick loots them for dem celestials or for getting epic parts (dont quick loot boss island). Enough chatter, the details are below:

pzarqjjlgjys.jpeg
(I took some inspiration from someone elses work, hes a close friend of mine)

Its going to have a new trait: Mythical construct!

What is Mythical construct you say?

Well its an exclusive trait that only this epic boss would have, just wanted him to feel special...isnt that the point of an epic boss?

-Immune to all debuffs and cannot be healed by normal means (basically it can only be repaired).
-When below 45% health, it gains a special buff called OP (I couldn't think of a better name)
-This trait also makes the hero apply two debuffs on crit, debuffs only two turns regardless of what they are.

What is the OP buff?

-It basically increases attack by 20% (not that much) BUT WAIT THERES MORE, it also increases defence by a staggering 150%.
-**** WAIT THERES MORE, any legendaries on the opposing team have their stats reduced by 25%.

There would be a few more traits on this boss so he could at least solo shade but Im to lazy so just imagine with your small mind...

Mock exams finished...Im back!
Tagged:

Comments

• MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited October 1
    Wow, that's a really good idea!
    I want a boss that's challenging now, Root of All Evil is NOT what I'm looking for.
    Fu*kin 300 old tree with cramps is called an epic boss?
    *facepalm*

Glad to be on the list though lol, you forgot to add yourself though :blush:
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in: Guildless right now lol.
    My internet is back, I don't think anyone cares anyways.
  • There would be a few more traits on this boss so he could at least solo shade but Im to lazy so just imagine with your small mind...

Dark Hunter and Dark Resistance (50% increased dark resist)?

edited October 2
    *deleted comment*
    Post edited by MatadorGKila on
    edited October 2
    WTF MY HUGE COMMENT FOR HIS ABILITIES AND TRAITS JUST GOT DELETED BY THE FORUM!
    WTF IS THIS SH*T!?!?
    F*cking great DB forums *slow claps* you just deleted my whole hour of work, bullsh*t website......

Ignore all that, the comments have been restored thanks Joel!
    I have edited all the comments that were restored into saying: *deleted comment*
    Because I don't know how to delete comments, I don't know if you can on this forum anyways.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    What if each limb or part of him was its own entity you had to defeat? His crossbow shoulder being a problem? Target that and break it first. Is he pounding your team into dust with his left arm? Break it ASAP! And maybe after 5 or so turns he would regenerate each part.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
    edited October 2
    *deleted comment*
    edited October 2
    Before I edited a typo again, I copied this text, this would've been the 3rd time I would've written it but thank god I copied this before editing.
    Fu*k this spam system.
    (This is my second time writing this post, the first one got deleted and went to the void because of me editing, pressing done, and quickly doing it again because I saw typos and other errors in my writing.)
    Anyways, lemme try to remember everything I wrote a few hours ago and modify things a bit.......

Cool idea!
    These should be his abilities and traits.
    Let's start off with the name: The Walking Fortress (your name), my name you ask?
    It's garbage lmao but whatever: Flaymeinade X-1
    Element: Fire

Abilities!
    Medieval Swing: Deal 500 (adjust this probably) Fire damage to all enemies. (basic attack)
    [How will it work?
    He just swings his right arm across your team.]
    Stomp: Charge pressure. After one turn, release pressure and deal 1000 Fire damage to all enemies that dazes.
    [How will it work?
    Pressure cookers from all over his body charge up, after one turn all of them release pressure and release smoke, The Walking Fortress (TWF for short) will stomp all enemies 2 times for 500 damage each and each stomp has a chance to daze.]
    (Cooldown: 3)
    Rapid Crossbow: Ranged attack that deals 400 damage to all enemies and each arrow has a 50% to shoot the same target again.
    [How will it work?
    It first shoots 1 arrow to all enemies for 400 damage each, since each arrow has a 50% chance of shooting the same target again, it can hit 4 people and maybe only 2 arrows shoot again and the other 2 don't, it's like an AOE Rapid Fire.]
    (Cooldown: 2)
    Bombard: Shoot 6 bombs that deal 600 damage each and scatters, applies Plague or Isolation on hit.
    [How will it work?
    TWF will shoot 6 bombs from a cannon on his back and by "scatters", I mean like it can hit 2 enemies 3 times and not hit the other 2 people, or it can shoot 2 bombs at 3 different targets. Each Bombard has a high chance differ from the last one if there is atleast 2 enemies]
    (Cooldown is measured by Fury, can only be used when Overpowered.)

What is Plague and Isolation?
    Plague: Damage is decreased by 80%, cannot CRIT and this hero takes damage instead of healing.
    Isolation: Boss Frostbitten, Chilled, and cannot be buffed or cleansed.
    If you don't know what Boss Frostbitten is yet, it's basically Frostbite except it deals 45% of your max HP.

Traits!
    Construct: Immune to all debuffs and cannot be healed.
    Armored: Takes 25% less damage from Physical attacks.
    Mythical: Apply 2 debuffs on CRIT that last 2 turns and also, when health goes below 45%, become Overpowered.
    [Overpowered (only activates when health is below 45%): Increased ATK by 20% and DEF increased by 150%, any Legendary heroes on on the enemy team have their stats reduced by 25%.]
    Warrior of the Flame: Immune to Fire damage. When hit by a Fire attack, it increases ATK and DEF by 10%.
    Exhaust Immune: Immune to Exhaustion.
    Charm Immune: Never Succumbs to Charming.
    Fix Armor: Heals 10% of max HP every 2 turns.
    Construct Commander: When taking damage from a Construct, 30% chance to Charm that Construct.
    Dark Hunter: Boosted damage (2x) vs Dark heroes.
    Dark Resistance: Takes 50% less damage from Dark heroes.
    Beast Hunter: Boosted damage (2x) vs Beast heroes.
    Vaporizer: Boosted damage (2x) vs Water heroes.
    Furious Rage: Gets 50% more Fury when hit.

Had to write this twice but whatever lol :P
  • What if each limb or part of him was its own entity you had to defeat? His crossbow shoulder being a problem? Target that and break it first. Is he pounding your team into dust with his left arm? Break it ASAP! And maybe after 5 or so turns he would regenerate each part.

I was actually planning this when the boss would die, he would just break down and each body part would do something. I didnt add it because ppl would be complaining about shinies
  • What if each limb or part of him was its own entity you had to defeat? His crossbow shoulder being a problem? Target that and break it first. Is he pounding your team into dust with his left arm? Break it ASAP! And maybe after 5 or so turns he would regenerate each part.

I was actually planning this when the boss would die, he would just break down and each body part would do something. I didnt add it because ppl would be complaining about shinies

There are no shinies in a boss wave.
  • Also, @ExtremeKorosPains, I put in the cooldowns of TWF's abilities and the last move's cooldown is the Fury meter.
    Sorry if this caused some confusion as why the "Furious Rage" trait was there!
  • So basicly the coloassal titan from AOT?

yes, DB would probably add that in this game for 9 yr olds
  • edited October 2
    What if each limb or part of him was its own entity you had to defeat? His crossbow shoulder being a problem? Target that and break it first. Is he pounding your team into dust with his left arm? Break it ASAP! And maybe after 5 or so turns he would regenerate each part.

There are no shinies in a boss wave.

I actually also further planned that each body part would have a separate level, since the boss is going to be a mountain. Like for example a level for his hand, thigh, di*k

Something like this:
    zncidcc1ekdp.jpeg

Its bad because I put like 5min work into it
    edited October 2
    *deleted comment*

Well boss mode does have a reference to game of thrones, would a subtle AOT reference be that bad?
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom

Well boss mode does have a reference to game of thrones, would a subtle AOT reference be that bad?

game of thrones is ok but this a castle that walks not a big, skinned giant that eats humans
  • TenchigoTenchigo Member
    edited October 3
    I don't think his hand should be walked on because if they were on his hand why wouldn't ge just throw them...? Maybe they destroy bits of him as the level progresses?

Like the first beggining room you fight and destroy his left leg, then the next room you fight and destroy his Right leg, then his Right Arm, then Left Arm, then Torso, then finally you fight his Head in the final room.

He should also have a Construct healer on his head to keep him from dying so the players should focus on the healer first.
  • game of thrones is ok but this a castle that walks not a big, skinned giant that eats humans

Yeah, I guess you're right
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • edited October 8
    Tenchigo wrote: »
    I don't think his hand should be walked on because if they were on his hand why wouldn't ge just throw them...? Maybe they destroy bits of him as the level progresses?

Like the first beggining room you fight and destroy his left leg, then the next room you fight and destroy his Right leg, then his Right Arm, then Left Arm, then Torso, then finally you fight his Head in the final room.

He should also have a Construct healer on his head to keep him from dying so the players should focus on the healer first.

Seems like a great idea but this is DB, a video game does not need to make sense. If you are a 9 yr old and play minecraft then you would probably realise that you are breaking wholes trees with your hand.

A construct healer you say. Well if it is bauble then this battle is impossible :neutral: