Town and\or My Dungeon Skins!

I LOVE how my town looks on Halloween. I love it so much I wish it could be permenant! How about adding town and My Dungeon skins to the game as rewards or store items? I think this would be a huge hit with the community. The possibilites are endless with decent ROI compared to other development efforts.

Comments

• I love DB's artwork. i would love more costumes, more customizable layouts, and even a costume option for each ascension.

Like you said, there is bank to be made. Although personally, I'd prefer to grind.
  • Please! Either for $ or grinding, it'd be a great addition.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Stuff takes time.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Stuff takes time.

and effort, mostly
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • Artwork with the least amount of development respective to other efforts, which arguably translates to the largest ROI. The potential of this generated a great deal of excitment within our guild.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    I find myself always wanting to click the pumpkins in my town hoping something will pop out.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • I would love some skins for My Dungeon. It gets super old staring at the same background match after match.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Pwnisher wrote: »
    Artwork with the least amount of development respective to other efforts, which arguably translates to the largest ROI. The potential of this generated a great deal of excitment within our guild.

It's probably deeper than you believe. I'm not even sure if art is the easiest thing to put into a game, but they'd likely have to make an entirely new town just to re-skin it, which could potentially mean having to make a new program for all the little heroes who walk around in it, and many other little things we're not aware of. Actually, that reminds me. I've always wondered whether the characters in this game are actually in a 3D digital environment, or on a separate layer in front of a drawn background. I'm tempered to believe 3D environment because during Epic boss battles, the camera changes angle. That would make the process of simply adding a new "town skin" quite difficult, not to mention the possibility of other skins.

Even so, even if it was the easiest thing to do, it would still take a long time because everything else in this game takes a long time. They're a relatively small team and I'm sure even memebers of one group (like the art department) are split up at times to work on smaller tasks.

I'm not saying I'm against this idea, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up, because nothing in game development is as simple as it seems on the surface. And there's no way they'll ever be able to produce as much (if not more) faster than people ask for it. I don't mean this in a negative way, but if you lower your expectations, you'll be a lot more pleased every time something new does come out.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.