How to deal with solaris

PvP has become so much more difficult since solaris arrived, and now we're about to enter a PvP tournament, so any tips on how to deal with the very many variations of teams with solaris would help.

First off there's only two heroes who have boosted attacks against beasts, and that's Sir William and Alexandros. Both are useless. Utterly. I wouldn't be surprised if the next epic is for Sir William, and a bit of a re-vamp/buff as then he might become viable again, but for now he remains benched.

My biggest problem is how unpredictable fights now are - I've won when I thought I'd lose and vice versa. There's no sure fire anything. This is probably a good thing, but not helpful with this tournament coming.

When I watch boss teams they seem to be similar teams and those with the better runes eventually win. Not exactly strategy.

Oh, and the guardian rune (which my guild failed to get...) is like a new meta...

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    Dealing with Solaris is easy.

First, travel back in time, and level up fast. Second, make a bunch of superior runes with good 4th traits, in addition to buying or winning them in PVP seasons.
    Third, put them on your anti-beast team- often beasts themselves, sometimes Hopper teams.

And there you go.
  • danac wrote: »
    Dealing with Solaris is easy.

First, travel back in time, and level up fast. Second, make a bunch of superior runes with good 4th traits, in addition to buying or winning them in PVP seasons.
    Third, put them on your anti-beast team- often beasts themselves, sometimes Hopper teams.

And there you go.

We can do that right now actually, just see darth craigs videos
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • I enjoyed the Ferno meta more than the current Solaris meta. The fights are so long now that even on 2x speed, it takes twice as long per fight.

@gradders - There is no single solution for every Solaris team. If they are all attack runed, use Ember MK Viperia Krexx and try to finish the fight in one round. Otherwise, I've use Solaris Shade Hopper Emily with moderate success. Most beast teams cannot hurt Emily, so it's just a matter of time before you start eating corpses and tipping the scales in your favor. The last resort is to use a beast team yourself and beat the defense by using your specials in more strategic situations, as opposed to when they are immediately available. This usually results in 10 minute fights and is still not a high success rate.
  • @echonap Many thanks for that. I've not tried Ember, MK, Viperia and Krexx. The first three, for sure, the taunting and invincibly to Viperia is interesting... Usually GG slows my team down and viperia dies but Krexx might sort that.

Emily is such a good idea that i really can't think why I didn't think of it. I have her runed to teh max from the time when she was invincible.

Of course, as you say, there's so many variations that generally it's not all beasts in solaris team, so neither of these are full-proof, but good tips nonetheless and many thanks for them
  • danacdanac Member
    echonap wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Ferno meta more than the current Solaris meta. The fights are so long now that even on 2x speed, it takes twice as long per fight.

@gradders - There is no single solution for every Solaris team. If they are all attack runed, use Ember MK Viperia Krexx and try to finish the fight in one round. Otherwise, I've use Solaris Shade Hopper Emily with moderate success. Most beast teams cannot hurt Emily

That's just wrong.

My Emily is fairly well decked out- not all %* superior rune level, but still highly runed.

Things that can damage her when fighting beats: Solaris's 3rd attack, Gnog's 2,3rd attacks, Pig's attack.

Emily is not nearly invincible unless you outrune the opposition.
  • @danac. I have tried the shade hopper solaris Emily since @echonap mentioned it with some success. I have won two and lost one. Generally it takes quite a while for Emily to lose, and enough time to allow her to resurrect Shade or Hopper, and that's really useful. I do have her runed for pvp defence.

There are so many solaris defences, with so many variations, that it's hard to offer up teams that always work.

Solaris has made pvp hard.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 4
    But that's good, right?

It's boring when it's easy. No one likes to steamroll 50 teams in a row.
  • I cant reach 60 streak, there is always that one annoying guy...
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    But that's good, right?

It's boring when it's easy. No one likes to steamroll 50 teams in a row.

i do
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    If it's only Solaris treat it like any other team but maybe save your strong abilities until she uses her second skill, in the numerous fights I've fought against her I have yet to see her use her resurrection ability once, she always uses the attack regardless of how many on her team is dead, for a beast team I guess it's kinda cheating but bring your own Solaris and maybe Leo if for some extra help then take hopper/shade to get rid of bodies and koros/viperia/other purging hero to get rid of the feather but only on the second turn since she uses her second skill and adds the feather back on
  • danac wrote: »
    That's just wrong.

My Emily is fairly well decked out- not all %* superior rune level, but still highly runed.

Things that can damage her when fighting beats: Solaris's 3rd attack, Gnog's 2,3rd attacks, Pig's attack.

Emily is not nearly invincible unless you outrune the opposition.

Oh, I agree. That's why I said "some success". It's definitely not fool proof. Don't even try it if Lupina is on the team. Fear + any basic attack will also kill Emily. But the point of it is that it still takes a long time to chip away at Emily, which is hopefully enough time for Solaris to wake up from his/her nap.

The MK team that I suggested is meant for attack runed Solaris teams. The Emily team is meant for defense runed Solaris teams. Hope that clarifies.