The Guild PVP Grand Tournament Has Started!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited October 4 in Announcements
2y789miaco51.png

Here we go! Time to crush enemies and earn trophies for the glory of your guild!

There are several quests available now, and more will be added each day of the event. Every day will have quests that will allow you to earn tickets for yourself, and one set of repeatable quests that will allow you to earn tickets for both you and your guildmates!

A few reminders:
  • The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
  • There are three special buffs/debuffs running during the event to shake up the metagame! These buffs/debuffs last for the entire event.
  • There are quests that pay out event tickets. Event tickets are NOT related to Trophies in any way. However, there are some 5x repeatable quests that will pay out 500 tickets to you and 30 tickets to every other member of your guild. The majority of the tickets that can be earned in this even are from your guildmates…they really add up and are added to your inventory immediately. Best part? No mail messages to deal with! You'll get a chat notification when a guildmate earns tickets for you, but your inboxes have been spared!
  • There are also a few quests that pay out Raid Tickets. These quests will only pay out to you personally.
  • The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, similar to the Boss Invasion event so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.
  • PVP Streaks are deactivated throughout the event.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• already kinda disappointed. I knew there were going to be rules changes, but didn't see them as they're behind the event banner. come on guys, make it obvious when you're gonna nerf something as ubiquitious as aoe abilities for an entire event.
  • Some warning when you're upending most teams we use and expecting us to pay millions and millions of gold on rune swaps and such would be nice. This is already obnoxious and only 30 min in.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 5
    kanofudo wrote: »
    already kinda disappointed. I knew there were going to be rules changes, but didn't see them as they're behind the event banner. come on guys, make it obvious when you're gonna nerf something as ubiquitious as aoe abilities for an entire event.

I'm honestly curious why this would cause you to be disappointed? At the very most it cost you 2 raid tickets? And when you knew there were going to be changes, it's hard to blame the devs who posted them in game, for you not bothering to check what they were.

It just seems like an incredibly minor (And self induced) issue to be "disappointed" about.

Edit: I was definitely expecting free rune swaps. It seemed like an obvious thing to do with such large changes. That does seem like a pretty big mistep given how expensive it is to move runes around. We can't assume everyone got to take advantage of the unlimited gold quest series.
  • vewwy intewesting...
  • @Joel Do the quests expire each day? Or will all the quests span throughout the event days?
  • Would also have been cool if event tickets could be used for something new in shop. Runes, skins, Solaris tokens, whatever. It's just the same old stuff as always, but with a higher price tag.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Would also have been cool if event tickets could be used for something new in shop. Runes, skins, Solaris tokens, whatever. It's just the same old stuff as always, but with a higher price tag.

Yeah, kinda disappointed with no cursed hearts or solaris tokens for purchase.
  • kevmartkevmart Member
    edited October 5
    Devs, are you sure that the aoe change is working as expected? I just got clobbered by a MK from a weaker team that one hit 2 of my 4 team members, and almost got the other 2 in the same attack. That sure didn't look like a 50% reduction in AOE

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding or misinterpreting how this is supposed to be working.

6vbe8hsrpixs.png
  • @joel lots of my guild members don't have the updated aether shop items, while some do..any ideas?
  • game is crashing a lot, every third or fourth match

u7nmmq54d0n5.png

• Can anyone confirm whether or not the "Drenched" effect stacks with Kai's first ability, or will Kai's Drenched mean nothing other than a nerfed Water AOE attack?
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited October 5
    [redacted]
    Post edited by itirnitii on
  • My game has gotten extremely laggy. Not sure if it's just me, but PvP matches lag like crazy now.
  • heelerheeler Member
    Our people are also seeing a LOT of crashes.
  • Justice League Member here - we're seeing crashes around the 25th straight match.
  • @joel lots of my guild members don't have the updated aether shop items, while some do..any ideas?

There are new Aether shop items??? I sure don't see them. What are they?
  • gmungmun Member
    Im getting a lot of in game mails that my guildies are buying me raid tickets but its not giving me raid tickets. Well almost, its given me 2 raid tickets out of 9 or 10 mails. I guess i wont open them until you all give the all clear.
    Gmun
  • gmun wrote: »
    Im getting a lot of in game mails that my guildies are buying me raid tickets but its not giving me raid tickets. Well almost, its given me 2 raid tickets out of 9 or 10 mails. I guess i wont open them until you all give the all clear.

The tickets will automatically be added to your raid ticket counter. There is nothing to collect from the mail itself.

I do not see anything new in my shop. Prior to game, I only had aria, ember, and shade tokens to buy and the other stam, orb, raid ticket items. After update, still the same. Maybe he meant event shop?
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish
    Hey Guys,

We're investigating the issues being reported. Any additional info you guys can give us will help.
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png

Saw from a screenshot , superior shards and totems for aether
  • My game is lagging badly..also every now and then getting error codes
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I see nothing new in my Aether shop. The game is laggy but I am still having fun.
  • Lots of crashes. Weirdness in raids. No new aether items. And bummed there was no free rune unequip.
  • No new items in aether shop
    No lag
    Only 1 error very early, none since then.

My only concern so far is I start out at a very low league and I may do exceedingly well winning lots of raids, but because the leaderboards only show trophies, it might "appear" like I didn't do as much as my guildmates.

Otherwise I have no concerns.
  • Victoria wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

We're investigating the issues being reported. Any additional info you guys can give us will help.

Please could a moderator clarify how we are supposed to receive tickets from guildmates' purchases?

I've had 15 or so emails but there are no tickets attached to the emails and I haven't seen any of the tickets add to my raid ticket count, whether or not I read or view or delete the emails.

I'm also seeing nothing new in the Aether shop that wasn't there before the "New' Tag was added. The 'New' Tag has also vanished.

• SaintSaint Member
    Same here, not receiving raid tickets from guild mates.
  • Raid tickets or event tickets? Event tickets are going straight to your count. Mail is only a notification.
  • Things seem to be working correctly for me. Both shared event tickets and raid tickets go directly to your currency bank. For raid tickets from guild members, you get an in-game mail notification. Shared event tickets do not have in-game mail notifications.

You do not collect anything from the in-game mail. It already gets added to your currency bank.
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    Can a blue confirm that there is no plan to introduce new event shop items during event? Don’t want to blow all event tickets on items in case you have a change of ‘heart’ *wink wink*.