Odd pvp match

I have the video and will try to post later but odd things....one after killing an enemy hopper I could not posses him with shade for two rounds, in the live video a little light went off around his body and it “twitched” after this I could posses him, in the replay this “twitch” and light do not even appear....and also solaris can still be burned by green flames (not sure if a bug or intended would like to know though)....but she was the last person on the enemy team...she died end of round do to burn...I win right? Nope she instant rezed and my possession of hopper expired so my shade and ferno could no longer kill solaris?!?

@Victoria @Joel

Comments

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 6
    The first sounds like the Hopper corpse was protected by a Phoenix feather. The feathers run out after a few rounds and then you can possess (or remove with Hopper).

The seconds sounds as if wildfire is treated differently to fire, and can hurt Solaris. The body won't disappear if it's indirect damage and she has a resurrection ready.

The instant rez happens if she has 3 in her ticker when she goes down, unless it's from direct enemy damage.

Ferno can hurt Solaris with her third and fourth abilities. Her basic is a spirit attack so cannot hurt, but the wildfire can apparently. Her second attack is fire, so cannot hurt Solaris.

Sounds like either you haven't fully evolved Ferno, or you retreated too soon.
  • @Barleyman you are correct on the hopper thing...I had forgotten Solaris can give pinions to dead team mates...and the issue with the stale mate on ferno is this was a highly Defense/Dr runed solaris so ferno could not kill her with those two moves her she could recover health with firebird or pheonix rising before they charged again.and I have since seen solaris damaged from wildfire and regular fire....but the only way I have seen either stick in her is by being passed from torchy or ferno’s passives.
  • @Barleyman you are correct on the hopper thing...I had forgotten Solaris can give pinions to dead team mates...and the issue with the stale mate on ferno is this was a highly Defense/Dr runed solaris so ferno could not kill her with those two moves her she could recover health with firebird or pheonix rising before they charged again.and I have since seen solaris damaged from wildfire and regular fire....but the only way I have seen either stick in her is by being passed from torchy or ferno’s passives.

I think allowing the feather buff to add to dead teammates is annoying, since no action can remove them except time. However it's kind of fun to see all the feathers wear off and Hopper go on a stompfest.