[Update 2: COMPENSATION SENT] KNOWN ISSUE: Missing Event Tickets

Comments

• Well hmm... the initial complaints were about the meager ticket rewards and more expensive event items. DB's response was to remove all tickets. DB is the dad that overreacts to minor whining. "You don't like your flavor of ice cream? Well that's fine because it's going in the TRASH!!!"

I guess it wouldn't be a true DB event without a snafu.
  • Guys I think they got the idea, we dont like it when we lose money. Whats worse? When people get complaints for losing FAKE currency. They are working on it and making these hurtful comments is not going to make matters better.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • danacdanac Member
    oakman1_98 wrote: »
    10k tickets = 100 raids tickets. There’s your fair compensation. Since the only thing we were all using it for was raid tickets. I’m a drunk and can figure that out.

I'm not drunk and can't figure it out.
    hmmm....
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited October 7
    Just wanted to say I predicted something like this: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/203512#Comment_203512
  • You did :(
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    This is another poor showing that detracts from the event. If you are going to send event tickets as comp on Monday, what's the point if they cannot be converted to raid tickets in time for the event?

I think you need to consider sweetener such as additional items in the event shop, such as gems (that we had to use for raid tickets instead of tickets), Solaris tokens and corrupted heart.

P.S. If you send us comp of raid tickets close to or after the end of the event, you will push many players over the edge!
  • tsynntsynn Member
    This is beyond ridiculous. You can't make an event based around PvP, increase the costs of the PvP rewards, then take away everything we've been working for halfway through the event AND hamper people's ability to advance in the event. That's VERY bad business!

The only acceptable solution IMHO is to make everything in the events shop cost 1 ticket. Just giving people's tickets back won't be enough to satisfy the hordes. You're going to lose a LOT of paying customers over this if you don't do something drastic to compensate people. I'm almost VIP 10 and this fiasco makes me never want to pay another cent for this game. I definitely won't be spending any more money on this particular event (so long Ella's Honor).

Since this is a game and we're talking about electronic items or skins or whatever, you'd be losing more income by alienating customers rather than giving away a few free items. As I see it, you have two options... Either offer a mediocre compensation and lose paying customers who are disappointed with the results, or give people some really AWESOME rewards and keep them pumping money into the game because they know they are valued customers.

In the end, the choice is up to you but I know that I'm much more likely to be loyal to a company that goes out of its way to make a problem right than I would to a company that just gives us back a few tickets which, by the time you restore them, would essentially be useless.

QFT

Long time lurker, first time poster, and I wish I wasn't livid, but I am. And regrettably, I'm VIP 10 (guess I'm a sucker)

I was contending for boss100 this season. Was even able to break into the top 10... and was stockpiling event tickets for. Now I'm out 100 raid tickets, which pretty much nullifies the gems, aether, raid tickets, gold, another superior red rune, and most importantly, time and real money put in.

Where was the thought put into this event anyways? A handful of repeatable quests? There was a lot of hype leading up to this event, and doesn't really feel like much of anything. If I don't stop beating this dead horse, this post will turn into a novel.

I said it on line, but I'd like to apologize to ToT as I am no longer participating in this event, I was planning on pulling weight. I suppose Monday will determine if I'm still in the game. Sad because it's been a fun way to kill time and make some new friends.

- a *very* unsatisfied customer.
  • JS1891JS1891 Member
    @ExtremeKorosPains I certainly hope that they get the idea... (considering every event that we have there’s always something going wrong) and yet here we are again. Supposedly they’re taking notes from our comments on past events, and yet here we are again. The major disappointment here as we all know and reiterated is not being able to use those event tickets for raiding which is kinda the whole purpose of this so called grand tourney. And giving us the compensation on Monday, after the event won’t really help us at all. Lastly, we surely have the right to keep complaining because we’re basically paying their salaries by spending REAL money on this game.
  • ZedHPZedHP Member
    Kind of a shame,i was grinding very hard to get the SB assassin skin and now i have to wait till monday in order to MAYBE get enough tickets to get it?This is beyond unacceptable IMHO,but we cant do much other than wait i suppose.

- Zed/SwiftlyAscending
  • JS1891 wrote: »
    @ExtremeKorosPains I certainly hope that they get the idea... (considering every event that we have there’s always something going wrong) and yet here we are again. Supposedly they’re taking notes from our comments on past events, and yet here we are again. The major disappointment here as we all know and reiterated is not being able to use those event tickets for raiding which is kinda the whole purpose of this so called grand tourney. And giving us the compensation on Monday, after the event won’t really help us at all. Lastly, we surely have the right to keep complaining because we’re basically paying their salaries by spending REAL money on this game.

So, no positive comments?
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • So, no positive comments?

The game LOOKS great! Awesome work on the graphics!!
  • PardonPardon Member
    The only acceptable solution will be to give the amount of tickets lost in raid tickets, that's it. On Monday the event will be finished and whoever had spent the points to buy raid tickets otherwise will have an unacceptable advantage
  • JS1891JS1891 Member
    @ExtremeKorosPains positive comments? Hmmm I’ll get back to you on that ... once I’ve thought of something ...
  • Has anyone got their tickets back?I havent yet
  • jileyjiley Member
    mines gone too
  • MongoMongo Member
    The more I think about it, the more I realize this event was ill conceived from the start. We've all talked about the game having multiple elements... Don't want to do pvp? Don't. Don't want to be I a guild? That's fine. There are other things one can do, especially before "end game".
    But suppose you like pvp but just don't want to be in a guild. Or just put up with it to earn the honor needed for the runes in the honor shop.
    This event totally screws you. You no longer have streaks, so you have to work more than twice as hard to earn the same honor and get to the league / level you normally achieve. Slower progress up the league ladder means less daily chest rewards, and the PVP teams you've sunk months (years?) of time and effort to build up are castrated as well.

Wow, that sounds like fun.

That's basically where I'm at now after pulling out of this awful event. It can't end soon enough.
    Mongo wrote: »
    This is totally unacceptable. I personally was relying on spending reward tickets for raid tickets. My guild (Conspiracy) is currently in 35th place on the leader board. We've already secured the 200k point reward. I can't see asking my members to continue to push hard and dig into their pockets to buy extra raid tickets that they should have been able to buy with reward tickets.

If we fall out of the top 50 so be it. The difference is only 5 Solaris tokens and getting a Greater Heroic rune instead of a Greater Legendary one.
    Yeah, this screw up made us take a closer look at how weak the reward was for considerably much more effort. It's also pushed some of our members who weren't too keen on PVP in the first place to the edge of "rage quitting".

As such, THE CONSPIRACY GUILD IS OFFICIALLY WITHDRAWING FROM THIS EVENT IN PROTEST.

I'm instructing our members to play however much or little they care to for their own benefit, but in no way should they expend any extra effort or resources to benefit the guild's standing on the leaderboard.

• MongoMongo Member
    Tried to edit an additional comment I made to correct "rune shop" to "honor shop" and it disappeared. Not going to retype it but here's a screenshot. kuotepgk2a1d.jpg
  • Most of mine are gone... but not all? Weird.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 8
    JS1891 wrote: »
    @ExtremeKorosPains I certainly hope that they get the idea... (considering every event that we have there’s always something going wrong) and yet here we are again. Supposedly they’re taking notes from our comments on past events, and yet here we are again.

Ah, but at least this is a completely new thing going wrong... I've been playing 18 months and I've never had my event rewards cancelled partway through the event before. It takes some skill to keep introducing new problems. How do they think of them?

I've got a good one for when they finally manage to introduce hero sorting, that should have been built in from day 1. Any heroes you sort out of sight vanish entirely from your account, along with their runes and epics.
    ZedHP wrote: »
    Kind of a shame, I was grinding very hard to get the SB assassin skin and now I have to wait till Monday in order to MAYBE get enough tickets to get it? This is beyond unacceptable IMHO, but we can't do much other than wait I suppose.

- Zed/SwiftlyAscending

Ditto, it's the skin I've been wanting for a while, and when it's finally almost within my grasp...

My only hope is that they can either restore the tickets or they just give everyone a set 20k event tokens by email so we can all buy at least one skin if we haven't already got it (SB is the only one showing for me this event). Everything else in the event shop for me, apart from raid tickets, is just the same old same old materials of various sorts.

A mass email of tokens on Monday doesn't compensate the people who were using event tickets to buy those raid tickets bundles though; I don't know how they can fix that hot mess, and offering a fix on Monday when the problem occurred on Friday is very poor customer service.

I personally dislike the auto-add of raid tickets whenever a guild mate buys a ticket pack. Since this fills my raid ticket counter while I'm asleep, I'm losing out on the normal ticket every two hours recharge, so overall I don't feel I've benefitted all that much. The ticket should have been attached to the email, so we could claim them as we need them. I know they have the capability to do this, so why didn't they? Alternately, have your normal 8 raid ticket slots that fill normally, and have an over ticket reserve where these gifted tickets can be stacked and used as desired.

I compare all these Guild Games to a pie eating contest (Stand By Me might be a quest title for it). There's no pleasure in eating the pies, you just stuff your facehole as fast as you can until you vomit, then do it again, until the event ends. Then you take a deep breath (after rinsing your mouth out), and hope you never have to do that again, ever. A colonoscopy is more fun.

Positives?

I like new skins, so the Phenol skin is nice. Might even help the monster team become more viable, especially when they get an epic between them. Mangle Jaw would be a great candidate for an epic since he lacks a skin; we don't have to choose between seeing the skin or the epic.

The difference between 200k trophies, top 50 Guild and top 10 Guild is a fractionally better rune (and a sneeze of tokens), but the rune isn't all that to start with, especially knowing that when they do the combat revamp to re-balance the combat algorithm better damage reduction will essentially get nerfed. In this, they've allowed Guilds to make the decision not to participate once they have 200k trophies, or a very modest 4k trophies per guild member.

Well, I kind of hope they learn from each new mistake and find ways to eliminate them. The spamming emails, which we asked not to have after the last Guild Games, could have been eliminated by a leaderboard counter for each guild for raid ticket packets bought. Actually, the existing guild leaderboard is a pretty good indicator of who's been buying the ticket packs because they have the most points, so we didn't really need the email.

Oh, and rather than a repeat picture of Solaris (why?), could we have had a picture of Royal Jelly Phenol as the event background so we can all see his skin before we actually get it?
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • Victoria wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Update: We are looking into how to comp players. We likely won't have the data needed to send compensation until Monday. Per normal events with event shops it will be open until 1PM PST on Tuesday to allow time to spend tickets.

-Victoria

@Victoria seeing as how the resource lost was being used by a lot of people to actually continue participating in the event, how about instead of worrying about "the data", just do the right thing and send the full day's tickets to every player to use as they see fit.

This makes perfect sense.Nice.I hope they listen

• Glad the shop tickets didn't disappear today at reset...
  • LietoLieto Member
    Looks like the players affected by this are going to get screwed.

Not long left of the event before a "fix" is pointless. Good job they didn't mess up during a highly competitive weekend.. ... Oh, wait....
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    This is a mobile game. The devs and mods treat it as such. They are enjoying their weekend. I could sure use some more tickets. How about it @FatCat69?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    As compensation, they should give everyone a boatload of gems.

Except bvs. He gets a free date with Victoria.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • @Victoria seeing as how the resource lost was being used by a lot of people to actually continue participating in the event, how about instead of worrying about "the data", just do the right thing and send the full day's tickets to every player to use as they see fit.

Unfortunately, this won't work for a lot of folks (myself included) who bought Ella's Honor and other raid tickets/bundles in the hopes of getting more raid tickets and tokens on day one. We spent gems and real money on tickets (personally, I was trying to get enough for at least two of the skins) but now that all those tickets are wiped out, it's impossible to catch up again given the lousy rewards we're getting from the event.

This is a no-win situation for the people who participated in this event, especially people like me who paid real money. We're handicapped for the remainder of the event through no fault of our own, we're screwed out of our rightful prizes, and this entire experience sours us on the game and makes us not want to play. The only people who didn't lose anything from this debacle are the ones who didn't take part in this event.
  • danacdanac Member
    @ExtremeKorosPains positive comments? Hmmm I’ll get back to you on that ... once I’ve thought of something ...

I think Fluffy's animations when you tap on her on hero page are awesome.

Barleyman wrote: »

Ditto, it's the skin I've been wanting for a while, and when it's finally almost within my grasp...

My only hope is that they can either restore the tickets or they just give everyone a set 20k raid tickets by email

Gosh. 20k raid tickets.
    It would take me forever to use them all.

And Pupuer at least three days!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 8
    danac wrote: »

I think Fluffy's animations when you tap on her on hero page are awesome.

My only hope is that they can either restore the tickets or they just give everyone a set 20k raid tickets by email

Gosh. 20k raid tickets.
    It would take me forever to use them all.

And Pupuer at least three days!

My bad, I meant event tickets. Fixed.
  • danacdanac Member

My bad, I meant event tickets. Fixed.

I have whatever skins they're offering. But I suppose I could always use more mats.
    I'm on board.
  • i had lost over 10k im event tickets from day 1. saving up for the pig kahuna skin. i currently now hold 12k+ easy enough to get what i want if i had my missing tickets back. please fix asap. thank you. i spent over 100 raid tickets on this event and am anxiously awaiting getting my tickets back. i have tickets go to waste in the last and now am holding out on hope..
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited October 8
    I think I just don't have the desire to try to complete the last two 15/15 quests. Don't remember how many I lost so no idea if I totaled 20K+ (probably).

Used up so much gold in refreshes, and started so low in league that takes so very many trophy wins to reach new leagues..and I'm near the bottom of personal participation in leaderboard because of such small trophy wins.

Event really favors those starting farther up the league line. I guess also no matter what I try I'm just not good at pvp - even many of the leftmost teams are difficult for me.

It must be me, I must be missing something obvious.