Seriously. Screw this stupid PVP event .. I was enjoying the game but this has pissed me off

I'm at the point now where I don't actually want to play the game and I was enjoying it so much.
I am stuck in a PVP match I have Solaris, GrogGnog, Leo and Igorok, trying to get the two tank quest done ... and I'm up against just 3 .. Solaris, Grognog and Bauble ... the round just can't be completed because I keep reviving and they keep healing ... this event has really pissed me off
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. Giving quests that are lazily designed and can't be completed in the meta (I'm a level 70, been playing more than a year). Even using rogues, there's no way to get enough damage in past the defensive buffs and aoe nerfs...(yes, all superior runes). And not having streaks available to at least get back into legend after having to take a week off to take care of my mom (recovering from surgery). This whole event has me so pissed isn't not funny. I'm absolutely livid and have never been this close to just walking away. I feel like a sucker for the money I spent. (pretty much the only reason I stay. I don't wanna feel like I "wasted" it).
  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    edited October 9
    I took the week off from my guild because I had too much real life stuff going on and I didn’t want to deal with all the PvP headache. I’m okay with casual PvP but Anything more than that is miserable for me.
  • I agree that this event was not what I expected but hey, it is better than just another filler event. (this is debatable).

To make this event better they could have made special prizes for each opponent you fight. Like for example if you fight a team with Solaris you get 2 Solaris tokens for winning. They improved the aether shop which is nice but it would have been better if they added Solaris tokens available for purchase in the exclusive section.

Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • danacdanac Member
    Frogatism wrote: »
    I took the week off from my guild because I had too much real life stuff going on and I didn’t want to deal with all the PvP headache. I’m okay with casual PvP but Anything more than that is miserable for me.

And I admire you for that.

I'm always happy when I see your defense, you're like the only one in LC I can beat.
  • DerisionDerision Member
    edited October 9
    if you played for tickets, then you missed the real point of the event.
    i made the decision to skip the PvP ticket based rewards, as many of them were not really feasible to grind, and just stuck to grinding out PvP wins.
    Post edited by Derision on
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited October 9
    @Joel @Eej
    You know what I miss that this event has highlighted superbly. When you went into PvP and weren't sure exactly what you would see. Certainly some teams or even more some characters were more common. Now its all solaris teams. More then that now it seems to be all Solaris, Grog, Shade, Hopper with Shade around 9800 rating and Hopper in the high 5000 (since Hopper has no Epic). Solaris was just a bad idea and a bad meta and the fact that there is ESSENTIALLY NOTHING else proves it.

Before anyone can say I just can't play PvP I am right now in Legend 1 without the streaks and finished all the quest lines that got added to the event to use really bad teams in this impossible meta. However I AM NOT HAVING FUN with PvP. Its a chore at best and frustrating at worst and too much is linked to it in this game to just give it up easily but this might just make me.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • appleapple Member
    Actually there was a secret team that made it very easy to beat danac. Just keep refreshing until you get her and then rake. I'm not telling the secret though... that's top secret guild stuff... you will never get it out of me... not even if you give me an Easter basket.
  • DbdefDbdef Member
    The Solaris problem will only get worse as more and more players get access to her and Star her up with events like this weekend. The time for the correction is now. I think the spirit immune should be changed to a spirit resist like Nub Nub has and some type of reasonable limit on the res so we don’t end up with 15 minute battles or endless heal/resurrection loops with Solaris and Leo vs. Solaris and Leo.
  • Don't worry guys, DB will let the solaris teams run for a month more and then will introduce an "anti-solaris" hero. And then we will get to deal with another problem lol
  • There is always a team combination of hero that people complain about, remember the leo and emily combo? Boom, hopper showed up. Someone will figure out a good team combination if they havent already to deal with Solaris teams.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, DB will let the solaris teams run for a month more and then will introduce an "anti-solaris" hero. And then we will get to deal with another problem lol

Or they could just buff William (again) to be better at countering Beasts...
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Solaris can already be countered I ended up winning a high percentage of my matches without using Solaris or any beast. 323 wins against 57 losses. Most of those wins I chose for right option. Only time I didn't was when I was trying to complete one of the quests. My wins also including quite a few victories over top 100 players. After getting into a solaris vs solaris endless loop a couple of weeks ago I decided never again. I want to win or lose straight up.

Even though everyone seems to be using sol current hero teams can beat it, so really not a need to nerf.
  • This event was absolutely, totally and utterly ridiculous. I gave in halfway through, dropped 16M gold on runes/evos to get my 4* Solaris FA, ran a beast team and won 95% of my matches from that point.

What made me really angry was that the actual "shake up the META" event changes made the darn beast team even stronger! Limited AOE vs. a team that gets free normal attacks (pack tactics)? You were a fool if you had an AOE hero in the first slot on defense; I won match-ups without having to use a single hero, just because of pack tactics.

The quests were awful. Tanks are useless in this game outside of the Beasts. Absolutely useless. Ended up using Astrid and Leo to complete that quest, but it was brutal. Giving slow heroes 1 free shot, bwhwhahahaha, worthless, especially because the energey boost from skins gave MK the ability to use VP in turn 1 and DM in turn 2.

Kicker? All of this benefitted me; made Legend I no problem. However, it was such a worthless, annoying grind to get a handful of Solaris tokens, a crap rune and a skin for a hero I never use.

Fix the darn rewards into something i actually like/want.
  • heelerheeler Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    There is always a team combination of hero that people complain about, remember the leo and emily combo? Boom, hopper showed up. Someone will figure out a good team combination if they havent already to deal with Solaris teams.

That isn't really the point. At least for me. The point is that this game has devolved to be all about a current meta. Every defense is the same (and every offense to fight it is as well, more or less). Ten million beast defense teams for this event. Yuck. After our guilds figured out a few good ways to work around the aoe nerf, there was little left to do but grind grind grind the same teams repeatedly. How is that fun?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 9
    heeler wrote: »
    There is always a team combination of hero that people complain about, remember the leo and emily combo? Boom, hopper showed up. Someone will figure out a good team combination if they havent already to deal with Solaris teams.

That isn't really the point. At least for me. The point is that this game has devolved to be all about a current meta. Every defense is the same (and every offense to fight it is as well, more or less). Ten million beast defense teams for this event. Yuck. After our guilds figured out a few good ways to work around the aoe nerf, there was little left to do but grind grind grind the same teams repeatedly. How is that fun?

Has the game not always been about a "current meta"? There will never not be a "current meta". Back in the day it was Torchy Bovus x x and it has evolved from there. There will always be a "best team". If Solarus had been weak, we would have had months more of Shade Hopper Astrid Lily. If Hopper and Sol had been week, we'd be in our 4th month of Leo/Koros defenses. If Koros had been weak, we'd be in our 6th months of Kai defenses.

I think you get the picture. There is no special place where all heroes are perfectly balanced and you can smash any 4 heroes you want on a defense and expect to have some perfect equal win rate to any other 4 heroes. Would it be nice in theory? Sure. Is it possible? Absolutely not. There will always be a best set of defenses and the top players will always flock to them.

The reality is, if a new hero isn't strong enough to make it onto a defense, then you're stuck with the exact same defenses as before that hero came out (look at Kreel). So instead of complaining about xyz meta for a month, you get to complain about abc meta for months on end - never ending - since the best defense would never change, and all the top players would continue to use it (But more likely they'd just quit).
  • danacdanac Member
    apple wrote: »
    Actually there was a secret team that made it very easy to beat danac.

Nobody had any problems beating ME.*

I even tried a bunch of different defenses to give those pounding on me some variety.

*except NinjaNurse.
  • danacdanac Member
    Dbdef wrote: »
    The Solaris problem will only get worse as more and more players get access to her and Star her up with events like this weekend. The time for the correction is now.

The problem isn't with Solaris so much as it is with beast tactics, and iirc Solaris adds to the buff.

It makes attacking any beast team pure chance, since any single attack by any beast can trigger multiple retaliations that wipe teams*. Take that away and the rest of Solaris becomes manageable, however it also makes non-Solaris beast teams exceedingly weak.

*Except my beasts. Apparently they're pacifists and do not like to retaliate.
  • danac wrote: »
    The Solaris problem will only get worse as more and more players get access to her and Star her up with events like this weekend. The time for the correction is now.

The problem isn't with Solaris so much as it is with beast tactics, and iirc Solaris adds to the buff.

It makes attacking any beast team pure chance, since any single attack by any beast can trigger multiple retaliations that wipe teams*. Take that away and the rest of Solaris becomes manageable, however it also makes non-Solaris beast teams exceedingly weak.

It was even more fun in the event last week where warriors got retailation. GG would do both retaliation and pack tactics. Was actually fun to see all the chaos between beast teams:

It was a constant back and forth between beasts retaliating/revenging.
  • danac wrote: »

With the HP boosts that beasts get with Solaris, you can't 1-shot anyone worth anything (i.e., a 1st slot Grog that you HAVE to take out unless you want to be slowed forever). Because of that, here comes Pack Tactics, and your team is likely to be debilitated. I have a well runed MK, and all he does is make the beasts made with Death Blossom; high risk to use him, Kai (if you're trying to survive) or even a 1st slot shade.

They basically did 0 to "shake up the meta" in this event.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited October 11
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    With the HP boosts that beasts get with Solaris, you can't 1-shot anyone worth anything (i.e., a 1st slot Grog that you HAVE to take out unless you want to be slowed forever). Because of that, here comes Pack Tactics, and your team is likely to be debilitated. I have a well runed MK, and all he does is make the beasts made with Death Blossom; high risk to use him, Kai (if you're trying to survive) or even a 1st slot shade.

They basically did 0 to "shake up the meta" in this event.

The boost that Solaris gives to hp is still less than the one given by Julius, which is 25%. A beast team with Grog and Julius was still easily beaten by AOE teams, so the health boosts just barely prolonged the battle to 2 rounds. The event debuff drenched is what really hampered any AOE based team, and MK significantly.

If anything the event was to highlight people's over reliance on a fast 1-2 button smash of AOE, one round battles. It forced them to think about who to use, and to expect at least a 2 round battle.
  • heeler wrote: »

Has the game not always been about a "current meta"? There will never not be a "current meta". Back in the day it was Torchy Bovus x x and it has evolved from there. There will always be a "best team". If Solarus had been weak, we would have had months more of Shade Hopper Astrid Lily. If Hopper and Sol had been week, we'd be in our 4th month of Leo/Koros defenses. If Koros had been weak, we'd be in our 6th months of Kai defenses.

I think you get the picture. There is no special place where all heroes are perfectly balanced and you can smash any 4 heroes you want on a defense and expect to have some perfect equal win rate to any other 4 heroes. Would it be nice in theory? Sure. Is it possible? Absolutely not. There will always be a best set of defenses and the top players will always flock to them.

The reality is, if a new hero isn't strong enough to make it onto a defense, then you're stuck with the exact same defenses as before that hero came out (look at Kreel). So instead of complaining about xyz meta for a month, you get to complain about abc meta for months on end - never ending - since the best defense would never change, and all the top players would continue to use it (But more likely they'd just quit).

Yeah, that's actually my point. I get sick of pvp being a revolving, serial meta. Then it just becomes a game of outlasting the tedium.

I agree that not all heroes could be perfectly balanced. But could we not do a better job than this? At least a large handful of concurrent metas?

But if I am the only one who thinks this, then it may just be that I will never like pvp. Where are my new pve dungeons? I love me some GG and I liked the BI, too. I may just not be made for pvp.