Bring Back Event Buffs That Didn't Require Skins

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Dunno why we stopped doing this, but events used to just grant buffs regardless of if a hero was wearing a skin or not. I know the warrior event technically does that, but I'm talking events like this one. The nature event. Originally all Nature heroes would get a buff. Didn't matter if they had a skin or not. I see why it might give players an incentive to buy skins but... most skins can honestly just be earned without spending a thing.

Oh and since I don't feel like making another thread I want to ask if we can get a x10 Honor Portal summon button. Extremely annoying and slow to spend large amounts of honor.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Hansuke
Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    Dunno why we stopped doing this, but events used to just grant buffs regardless of if a hero was wearing a skin or not. I know the warrior event technically does that, but I'm talking events like this one. The nature event. Originally all Nature heroes would get a buff. Didn't matter if they had a skin or not. I see why it might give players an incentive to buy skins but... most skins can honestly just be earned without spending a thing.

Oh and since I don't feel like making another thread I want to ask if we can get a x10 Honor Portal summon button. Extremely annoying and slow to spend large amounts of honor.

I don' think this is something to be concerned about yet. iirc, and maybe I don't, this skin buff thing has only happened the last 2-4 events. So it might not be a change so much as a change of pace.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited October 10
    I agree with the part about the 10x honor summon. Many people have asked for this, and I am not sure why it doesn't exist yet. Maybe a rare celestial Evo with every 10x? I don't know, honor is pretty easy to come by for even a half-decent pvper. Maybe that is why, it would be to op? I don't know but I still want it.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • After the pvp season runes were made available in the honor shop, do people still use the honor portal? Honor is the second most valuable currency in game now besides gems. Although a x10 honor summon would not hurt...
  • I have a feeling that people at the beginning of the game do use it. Especially those who aren’t making a ton of honor via PVP. End gamers on the other hand have no more valuable commodity. :)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that people at the beginning of the game do use it. Especially those who aren’t making a ton of honor via PVP. End gamers on the other hand have no more valuable commodity. :)

So then a x10 honor summon wouldn't negatively affect you.
  • It does not.

Where do I state that I have an opinion or care about having a 10x summons option?
  • I'm glad I got all my Honor summoning out of the way before they changed the way you earned honor, and what you could spend it on.

So a question for newer players, can you buy greater and superior runes in the Honor shop regardless of level, or is it limited to higher levels?

The single most important factor in my continued development is acquiring 5* superior legendary runes. They are available to me in four ways: by ending in Boss 100 (again, is this level-limited?), by buying them with honor in the honor shop (for 60k honor), by buying them in the shop (4.500 gems) or by crafting them from scratch (which requires about 2,500 gems in reserve for potential tuning costs). The honor shop runes have the advantage of known stats, and a guaranteed 4th stat. Thus preserving and earning honor at all costs for these once every week or so purchases is paramount.

Of course new heroes and new epics are very welcome when they are made available, but a hero is still more or less useless in PvP unless equipped with 5* superior legendary runes.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    It does not.

Where do I state that I have an opinion or care about having a 10x summons option?

I dunno. Just seems like you love to talk about how rich you are in game and how much progress you make. Obviously end gamers aren't going to need this change as much, so why say that they won't? I'm asking for the people who do need it.
  • I never said anything to that effect. Never. Not once.

I'd be fine with a 10x Honor Summons button. Would also love a 100x Great Summons button.