Seriously. What the hell. Sick of having to retreat

Stuck in a pvp ... I have solaris, gong-grog, Leo and nubnub.... al that is left on the opposing team is Emily. All my hits are doing 0 ... ZERO ... NOTHING ... except for grognog strike. But she just heals through that ... what the hell is stopping all my hits on her? Why do I have to retreat and lose the battle if I have more characters on the field during a stalemate. This is ridiculous. Making me not want to play

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    DaddysGirl wrote: »
    Stuck in a pvp ... I have solaris, gong-grog, Leo and nubnub.... al that is left on the opposing team is Emily. All my hits are doing 0 ... ZERO ... NOTHING ... except for grognog strike. But she just heals through that ... what the hell is stopping all my hits on her? Why do I have to retreat and lose the battle if I have more characters on the field during a stalemate. This is ridiculous. Making me not want to play

Now you've learned. If you see an Emily with lotsa defensive runes, bring someone who can kill her.
  • Another **** stuck game. This time with **** bauble. This game is turning into a piece of ****. My point is that if you have a stalemate where it’s obvious the game will never end then there should be some inbuilt game mechanic that decides that you win if you have 4 vs 1
  • So what beats Emily?
  • danacdanac Member
    edited October 11
    DaddysGirl wrote: »
    So what beats Emily?

Fear. Koros. Lilly plus any heavy green hitter. Shade. Shadowblade. Therand used to. Off the top of my head, there's a thread in Bugs and technical issues section,

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56583/thats-the-last-straw-nerf-emily-now#latest
  • LietoLieto Member
    Emily did her job...there is a lesson to be learned as @danac says...
  • DaddysGirl wrote: »

You brought the wrong team. Stalemate = defensive win. Defenders have very little in their favor, but if you can't get past all four and rob the chest that's a fail for you. It's not about having more characters standing.

What is stopping all your hits is Damage Reduction. It is currently possible to have such high defense and damage reduction that no damage can be taken taken in almost all circumstances.

There are ways around this. Shade can spirit link to Emily so she heals him, not herself. He will can also hit her very hard.

Masuta Kira has a Vibrating Palm attack that ignores all mitigating factors, including damage reduction.

That's just a couple of ideas, Danac gave more above.

Don't think the game is broken because you didn't bring the right team to a battle. Go and assemble a better team. That was the case for me all the way to level 70, and even now with all characters maxed and 6*rred, I still can't guarantee a PvP win every time. I just had a stalemate with Shade and Solaris on my side and Solaris and Ekko on the defense. Shade can't hurt either (both spirit immune), and Solaris can't hurt her counterpart.

Couple of things to think about:

There is a combat revamp coming, which may reduce damage reduction to a 90% maximum. + damage on runes will then offset this and reduce it. Even so, if you can't kill Emily before she heals herself you will still stalemate.

Emily is rarely seen in PvP defense at the top levels. People have learned how to beat her.

• From another thread complaining about unable to kill Emily. Most of these work against Bauble too.
    1. Stack lots of runes with % dmg or % dmg in pvp or % dmg vs. armored or % dmg vs. magical on any hero. They can now kill emily.
    2. Hit her with basic attacks with any hero that has good attack and an epic that multiplies damage. Wait until epic fires
    3. Give her haunted and poke her with any dark hero
    4. Give her fear and poke her with any hero
    5. Give her tasty and munch her with hopper (or mangle jaw or torchy or any hero with a bite attack)
    6. Hit her with MKs vibrating palm
    7. Use Lily
    8. Use Koros
    9. Use any other green hero that is standing next to lily
    10. Stone her with cobressa then poke her
    11. Mark her for death with KY and poke her with any hero
    12. Use tsume. Wait until he is near death before hitting her hard
    13. Hit her with ponti's doom bolt.
    14. Hit her repeatedly with ekko's electrical storm
    15. Hit her with SB's from the shadows
    16. Hit her with Willow's Sniper shot
    17. Put a bunch of random debuffs on her then hit her with pig's sucker punch
    18. Put a bunch of random debuffs on her then hit her with squinch's cheap shot
    19. Let her hit furnace until pressure builds then hit her with under pressure
    20. Hit her with malice's Theft for grace, then poke her with malice once she has the buffs
    21. Let aria kill her with counterstrikes
    22. If you work her down to half health or less, kill her with ella's kiss of death
    23. Let icepick get to low life then let his crits kill her. If you get her to 25% life or less use his blood in the water
    24. Hit her with OE
    25. Hit her with therand
    26. Activate Hagrim's Dwarven fury. Then hit her with him
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 11
    But what if I only brought Rogar Willow Stone Fist and Nub Nub? How do I kill her, then?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    But what if I only brought Rogar Willow Stone Fist and Nub Nub? How do I kill her, then?

Number 16 in the previous post.
  • Yessss! Victory is mine!
  • My favorite Emily killer is Koros. Get him runed up with all ATK. Use Zen (and, if needed, Ferno, too) to protect him long enough to get his turn. Then use Koros' first special - if your Koros is strong enough, it will kill her instantly. Before this current beast meta, my go-to team was Zen, Bauble (all DR), Ferno Koros. It could handle most shade hopper Emily teams. Occasionally I have bad luck with Shade killing Koros right off the bat, but that is extremely rare.

This team is not good against shatter/freeze teams, and I replace Zen with Furnace for reptiles (so far, I have 100% success with that anti-reptile team). I am very mediocre in pvp on a good week, but Emily is never a problem for me with a good Koros. I do have him at a pretty massive ATK and DMG.
  • @DaddysGirl The problem is the damage calculation. It's basically
    damage = (normal damage - max 100% from damage reduction) + extra damage from debuffs multipliers

When Jabber fears Emily he can easily kill her. Shade can do so, too. The same happens when Torchy and Grog-Gnog debuff Emily (slowed, silenced) then Pignius can knock her out with his Sucker Punch.

Bauble and Astrid can be killed by range attacks or non-physical attacks (spirit attacks, fire attacks, dark attacks, etc)
  • danacdanac Member
    echonap wrote: »
    From another thread complaining about unable to kill Emily. Most of these work against Bauble too.

[*] Give her fear and poke her with any hero

I hear from the news this can get you in trouble.