2 Questions for the Devs

2»

Comments

  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Oh my god. You’ve devolved into word salad.

    No. Quantum mechanics is not involved. And no, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

    I’ll leave it to better people than myself to explain it to you. Your fascination with pseudo science leads me to believe that you really don’t want to understand.



    Someone's grumpy.



    Therefore the Lupina token is in a quantum state, being in all 3 boxes at once but also none. !

    ewww!



    This has nothing to do with the game's own code limitations, as quantum observation is more of a way of explaining how human observation works.

    Pretty sure, no. The point of Schroedinger's cat isn't about how human observation works, it's about how probability waveforms require observation to collapse.
    I get your analogy, it probably wasn't needed, and it's not what the cat is talking about.

    The cat is talking about... come to call, I dunno what he's talking about.
    "picking randomly also means that the odds of you selecting the correct one will average out less than the 33% you would get by sticking with the same chest over and over again."
    because of selection bias? Your statement is counterintuitive, and instead of fobbing off explaining it, you could have at least listed something we could google.


  • Just pick a chest guys is it really that hard -_-
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • danac wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any change to Lupina's appearance in treasure rooms.

    Really?
    Cuz my Lupina looks a lot spikier now.

    Actually funny
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Oh my god. You’ve devolved into word salad.

    No. Quantum mechanics is not involved. And no, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

    I’ll leave it to better people than myself to explain it to you. Your fascination with pseudo science leads me to believe that you really don’t want to understand.

    I can say the same back, anyone who still thinks at this point that choosing the same chest over and over actually ups your odds clearly doesn't want to understand either. :smile:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Please confirm there is a Good, Great and Amazing choice each time. My theory is the roll happens pre-chest drop and all three chests are either Good, Great or Amazing. Your choice makes no difference, the roll is set. I too have had the best luck when auto-running.

    A suggesting would be to have a single chest drop to remove frustration and it is what it is. It would still be a one and three chance. May RNG be forever in your favor!
  • PwnisherPwnisher Member
    edited October 12
    Three chests dropping and only being able to select one is kind of an odd concept. It is insulting to our hero's intelligence. If you found a treasure room with three chests in real life, why would you only open one of them?
  • If each of the three chests is unique and you do not like the idea of moving to a single chest, what about revealing the other two via a label after we make our selection? No one enjoys smoke and mirrors. Transparency goes a long way. :smile:
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I don't think DB assigns prizes to all three chests before you select one. I think when you select a chest, it is used for graphic purposes only. Your prize is selected independently and comes out of what ever chest you select. Normally games that select the prizes ahead of time, would show what is in the chests that you do not select. The probability of getting Lupina does not have to be 33%. It could just as easily be 25%. BF would have to confirm the probability.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Joel please end this madness
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread that I can only assume stems from having watched Space Odyssee 3000 too many times.

    I always pick the middle chest.

    I have a 6 star Lupina.

    I'll let you transitive property it up from there.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Joel please end this madness

    Why do you want Joel to close this thread?

  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited October 12
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread that I can only assume stems from having watched Space Odyssee 3000 too many times.

    I always pick the middle chest.

    I have a 6 star Lupina.

    I'll let you transitive property it up from there.

    Me too.
    My reasoning was: First is the worst. Second is the best. Third is is the one with a hairy chest.
    At first I considered using the third but the wisdom decided that the third chest is hairy and not what is inside.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @Joel please end this madness

    Why do you want Joel to close this thread?

    I want Joel to confirm if the chests really are fair or not. I don't want this to be closed lol. This is gold.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I can confirm that the chests are fair in the sense that everyone is using the same algorithm and RNG to decide if they get Lupina (or Aether).
  • The real problem is that the chest needs to be revamped.

    First, it's random enough on when you get a treasure room.

    Second, we shouldn't have to only get amazing for a lupina token. The RNG was already applied in step 1.

    Third, we need more items in the chest. Give a few mats as well.
  • @MattCauthron good call - transitive property, FTW
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

    Are all plugs shameless?
  • all this.... because 1 lupina token? Excuse me i'm going to sit back and think about where humanity went wrong
  • all this.... because 1 lupina token? Excuse me i'm going to sit back and think about where humanity went wrong

    Yup. Lots of things wrong with humanity. Random discussions on pointless things, people dying all over the world, needlessly large walls of text that can't be separated into smaller, more easy-to-read paragraphs...

    This may be the funniest thing I've ever seen you post.
  • danacdanac Member
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread that I can only assume stems from having watched Space Odyssee 3000 too many times.

    I always pick the middle chest.

    I have a 6 star Lupina.

    I'll let you transitive property it up from there.

    I always pick the right chest. I have 6* Lupina.


    Oh, and when you've been playing as long as Matt and I have, you've gotten most of your Lupina tokens from events.

    Pwnisher wrote: »
    Please confirm there is a Good, Great and Amazing choice each time. My theory is the roll happens pre-chest drop and all three chests are either Good, Great or Amazing

    If the game crashes and you rerun the exact same dungeon the exact same way, you can choose a different chest and get a different result, or choose the same chest and get the same result.

    all this.... because 1 lupina token? Excuse me i'm going to sit back and think about where humanity went wrong

    Nov 2017. The United States.
  • I really stopped giving a crap about lupina tokens tbh. Old players really have no reason to run dungeons. My lupina is 4*, but whenever she is in a shop there is always siomeone better to spend my tickets on. Even though she is my go to for raids.... Hey remember when guild awards gave augustus tokens? and before that kira tokens?>
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I really stopped giving a crap about lupina tokens tbh. Old players really have no reason to run dungeons. My lupina is 4*, but whenever she is in a shop there is always siomeone better to spend my tickets on. Even though she is my go to for raids.... Hey remember when guild awards gave augustus tokens? and before that kira tokens?>

    Yeah. Then people asked to stop getting Kira and Augustus tokens. It's like the devs are listening or something...
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • danacdanac Member
    I really stopped giving a crap about lupina tokens tbh. Old players really have no reason to run dungeons. My lupina is 4*, but whenever she is in a shop there is always siomeone better to spend my tickets on. Even though she is my go to for raids.... Hey remember when guild awards gave augustus tokens? and before that kira tokens?>

    You might want to start again.
    Lupina with an epic is very useful again, with Solaris.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited October 17
    Pwnisher wrote: »
    Please confirm there is a Good, Great and Amazing choice each time. My theory is the roll happens pre-chest drop and all three chests are either Good, Great or Amazing. Your choice makes no difference, the roll is set. I too have had the best luck when auto-running.

    A suggesting would be to have a single chest drop to remove frustration and it is what it is. It would still be a one and three chance. May RNG be forever in your favor!

    That’s exactly what I said! And I think it is likely correct.
  • The lupina room adds a different sense of play to the game by allowing choice - or is there (only the code knows). We already have single chest drops which contain hammers and gold or runes.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited October 18
    farfella wrote: »
    Just pick a chest guys is it really that hard -_-

    If she was younger, I’d pick Dolly Parton.
    I am not sure what to say about the second half of your sentence that won’t get my post deleted.
  • I am not sure you figured out a way to talk about the first half without getting your post deleted.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • A younger Dolly Parton you say?
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com