Salvage greater or above runes?

I have a lot of useless greater and superior runes and i am debating whether to salvage them or not, so my questions is, from recent memory, do you remember any past event requiring you to salvage greater or superior runes?

Many events require that you upgrade them but NOT salvage them.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• I have a lot of useless greater and superior runes and i am debating whether to salvage them or not, so my questions is, from recent memory, do you remember any past event requiring you to salvage greater or superior runes?

Many events require that you upgrade them but NOT salvage them.

Any help would be appreciated

Yes there was one not too long ago to salvage runes. Don’t remember specifics though.

Unless you are maxed out with all sup leg 5* runes that you can’t salvage I would just keep a near full stock of runes you can salvage at a moments notice.
  • I am sorry if i wasnt clear but i meant salvage greater or superior runes ONLY.

I too can remember events asking you to salvage runes in general and i was salvaging lesser and improved.
  • Yes, there are quests for salvaging only greater or better. Multiple events had this. At least 2-3 from my recollection.
  • I learned my lesson...I think it was no more than 3-5 weeks back that a 10X repeatable taking out the trash rune salvage event was held (it did not matter if the rune you salvaged was basic/improved/greater/superior) with event tickets as the reward, and I am glad I held onto a bunch of junk runes...was nice to bank an easy 10K event tickets. Now I just try to keep a handful of over 100 runes in my inventory, deleting runes when I get down to less than 50 slots available.

I remember a few months back that Murphy's law kicked in and I had just salvaged almost all my runes...and of course a few days later an event kicked in and I only had a whopping 5 or 6 runes to recycle, that was a bummer and I learned my lesson to be patient and hold on to my resources (gold/totems/materials/runes/etc.) for as long as possible.
  • Yes, I too recall specific quests to salvage greater or better runes, and in my admittedly vague memory they seemed to be more common than quests to salvage any rune. I tend to just let mine stack up keeping enough (30-50) slots available at all times.

Besides, I know that the moment I clean up my extra greater or better runes there will be a salvage quest the next day.

To all my paranoid friends, not to worry - nothing will happen to you - they're all coming after ME!
  • Oh yes, there have been many events where you had to salvage greater or better runes. It used to be a stock quest. Just not recently.

DB got their fingers burnt a couple of months ago when they did an unlimited 'upgrade greater or better runes' quest, and those of us who had a couple of hundred unimproved runes in stock cleaned up. They even changed the quest to limited a few hours into the event, causing much not unreasonable complaining from those who missed out. Kind of like moving the goal posts part way through a World Cup penalty kickoff.

Since then I think it's just been salvage X runes, type unspecified.

Even so, I salvage my lessers, then improveds, then superiors (for parts), and finally greaters, and then only when I need to clear space, just in case.

I don't go as far as putting spare runes on my rune-less heroes ready to salvage if an event comes along, but I ought to. I've got 40 or 50 unused rune slots.

My suspicion is that having been stung a couple of times with badly thought out quests, they'll all be limited in the future so you wouldn't need to salvage more than 100 or so for maximum rewards, but that's just my guess.
  • There is almost always a salvage runes quest during every event. I say save all runes for those quests. Even the lessors and improved runes.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Hope you saved those runes to salvage b/c like I said, you should always keep your runes fully stocked (or near fully stocked) since you neve rknow when it might be needed.