Solaris has RUINED PVP

In my opinion and almost to a person in my top 10 guild Solaris has ruined Dugeon Boss! Some may like it but a whole legion of players hate it. I am top 100 in power so from right to left 90% of the time it is Solaris teams. It doesn’t matter if I am way stronger when McChicken can resurrect his team 3 straight times. If hopper on my team dies it’s over. I understand challenges without frustration is a fine line to walk...in my opinion you have fallen off the cliff. I have been legend 1 since the beginning and now I will win the three required for my guild...this is such a game changer for me...having maxed out the one reasonably fu thing to me was pvp...now it’s just very frustrating and I don’t play games to be frustrated!

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 12
    Hey Daddea!

There are a few really good pvp line groups that could possibly help you with Sol defenses if you are interested! Are there any you are specifically struggling with? Almost any Sol defense can be taken out in just a couple rounds. If Sol is ever getting a complete team ressurrection off, you may be doing your kill order incorrectly. If you'd like to ask about specific defenses, we'd be happy to help :D
  • Dude Solaris doesn't even have a full out meta. You will only see her 45% of the time, unlike shade who is on EVERY team. Kai was the one who ruined pvp, since dungeon boss went downhill after kai started the endless chain of heroes made to counter the previous meta. Solaris doesn't properly counter the hopper meta since she only gives a purgeable buff as protection. I'm gonna tell you right now that ive been in legend I for the last 4 weeks yet I never even bothered to get hopper. Stop complaining about the meta, and join the meta. When Solaris is released into the heroic portal, i think then you can start complaining xD. For now, pvp is pretty stable. Just bring Kai, or a high skill runed kobal. You will quickly realize Solaris is easily countered. Beasts only have the combination of attack crit and health, not defense. They are pretty easy if you kill them before they kill you. No offense, but I can't believe you are in top 100 in power yet you don't just simply SWEEP beast teams like dust. I'm nowhere near top 100 but I rarely have a problem with beast teams unless their rune power is like at 5k or something. Nullification is the best way to go with beast teams. When I said join the meta, i mean that the counter for Solaris teams is... Solaris teams. Then its fair since its the battle of your strategy and runes VS only their runes. Solaris is perfectly fine right now, she is legendary so her being overpowered is excusable. She is the perfect description of a legendary hero, a bit more than most. If you look for more advice on countering her, I can give you detailed solutions on more counters.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Ok, things have gone far enough off track. Please keep things on topic.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ATORATOR Member
    MY gripe as far as PvP is the hopper eating function. No way of predicting if it's going to work or not? If it's on defense it works almost 90% of the time but if your attacking with it it's a virtual crapshoot. Works when it wants to with no rhyme or reason.
  • ATOR wrote: »
    MY gripe as far as PvP is the hopper eating function. No way of predicting if it's going to work or not? If it's on defense it works almost 90% of the time but if your attacking with it it's a virtual crapshoot. Works when it wants to with no rhyme or reason.

Solaris has a passive that puts a buff on all beasts which makes it where their body can't be eaten. This buff stays past death and lasts for 3 turns. Sols 2nd ability heals and casts this feather on all party members (Including dead corpses) which refreshes the buff. You can only eat bodies if you dispel the buff before killing them, or wait for it to expire.
  • ATORATOR Member
    If so, if I have Solaris on my team, why are they eating my hero's immediately???
    edited October 13
    ATOR wrote: »
    If so, if I have Solaris on my team, why are they eating my hero's immediately???

I would assume because they aren't beasts. Solaris only provides the feather initially to beasts. When Sol casts his second ability, it applies the feather to everyone.

The other reason could be that the enemy dispels the feather. This can be done from SB, Koros, and Viperia's first ability.
  • ATORATOR Member
    Okay thanks
  • Dude Solaris doesn't even have a full out meta. You will only see her 45% of the time, unlike shade who is on EVERY team. Kai was the one who ruined pvp, since dungeon boss went downhill after kai started the endless chain of heroes made to counter the previous meta. Solaris doesn't properly counter the hopper meta since she only gives a purgeable buff as protection. I'm gonna tell you right now that ive been in legend I for the last 4 weeks yet I never even bothered to get hopper. Stop complaining about the meta, and join the meta. When Solaris is released into the heroic portal, i think then you can start complaining xD. For now, pvp is pretty stable. Just bring Kai, or a high skill runed kobal. You will quickly realize Solaris is easily countered. Beasts only have the combination of attack crit and health, not defense. They are pretty easy if you kill them before they kill you. No offense, but I can't believe you are in top 100 in power yet you don't just simply SWEEP beast teams like dust. I'm nowhere near top 100 but I rarely have a problem with beast teams unless their rune power is like at 5k or something. Nullification is the best way to go with beast teams. When I said join the meta, i mean that the counter for Solaris teams is... Solaris teams. Then its fair since its the battle of your strategy and runes VS only their runes. Solaris is perfectly fine right now, she is legendary so her being overpowered is excusable. She is the perfect description of a legendary hero, a bit more than most. If you look for more advice on countering her, I can give you detailed solutions on more counters.

It obvious you aren’t A top 100 power.... 95% of the teams I face are Solaris +5000 teams...when you get into the top 100 come back and then you can school me...until then you don’t know what you are talking about.
  • But in the end, you think solaris needs a nerf, and I already know her many counters. I have beat a ton of +5000 teams, the thing is that i dont really bother with top 100 right now because I have better things to do that to spend a few hours everyday on that.
  • Not a fan of Solaris either. All her silly revives are quite frustrating. Not even sure what he was supposed to counter, if anyone. Perhaps hopper because of Phoenix feather? Even so, koros can wipe it right off. Just annoying to do all that work to kill a really powerful team and then have them all revive and come right back at you.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 14
    It's not usually Sol that's the problem for me, it's the rest of the team.
    ATOR wrote: »

I would assume because they aren't beasts. Solaris only provides the feather initially to beasts. When Sol casts his second ability, it applies the feather to everyone.

The other reason could be that the enemy dispels the feather. This can be done from SB, Koros, and Viperia's first ability.

And Tsume, Malice, and Willow's first ability, and many heroes with other abilities. Some heroes like Willow and Shadowblade only remove one buff, so it might be the feather but it might not.

The trick is not just removing the feather but keeping it off, and removing the bodies. Feathers can be added to corpses, but also expire in a few turns. A defensive Solaris will add feathers back on turn 2, so they're often only worth removing on turn 1 if you can remove the body as well.

• With respect this is the same complaint thread every time there is a change. It happened when the zen/kozar combo got killed. Then shade came with hopper in tow, then Emily/bauble/furnace for a bit and now Solaris. This meta is not even that hard to beat compared to the others when they came out. If you play this game long enough, your pvp team will got tossed by updates and changes. It’s what keeps the game from getting stale and allowing characters to be valuable that they did not do a good job keeping up with.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Vince00 wrote: »
    yeah people are just complainy they can't Solaris but in a few months another Solaris will be released and then more of these threads will appear xD
  • danacdanac Member
    Vince00 wrote: »
    yeah people are just complainy they can't Solaris but in a few months another Solaris will be released and then more of these threads will appear xD

I'd like two Solarises on my team. That'd make things *really* interesting.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    You know.what I meant, another op hero people will complain about that will be stronger than Solaris and just as cheap.
  • ATORATOR Member
    FROM ONE EXTREME TO THE OTHER !!! COULDN'T KILL A SOLARIS TEAM, NOW YOU'VE TWEEKED IT SO MUCH IT'S A JOKE SHOULD'VE SAVED MY MONEY. LIVE AND LEARN ! DEVS NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER
  • ATOR wrote: »
    FROM ONE EXTREME TO THE OTHER !!! COULDN'T KILL A SOLARIS TEAM, NOW YOU'VE TWEEKED IT SO MUCH IT'S A JOKE SHOULD'VE SAVED MY MONEY. LIVE AND LEARN ! DEVS NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER

Sorry I had to reread this after turning the volume down. What exactly are you referring to? There have been no changes whatsoever to Solaris at this point in time.

If this is some higher level of sarcasm that I'm simply not comprehending. My apologies.
  • 81yubz9vazcv.jpg

Now almost 80% of defence team are the same and the result is random. The sense of frustration has never been so high with the streak...
    edited October 18
    Pardon wrote: »
    81yubz9vazcv.jpg

Now almost 80% of defence team are the same and the result is random. The sense of frustration has never been so high with the streak...

TTS went on a 194 streak last week going for first. It's hard for me to say the "result is random" looking at that kind of consistency.
  • danacdanac Member
    Pardon wrote: »

You probably should have kept the bunny alive.
  • Probably should have kept everyone alive if I were to say...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!