Tsume epic attack ranged?

According to the tool tip, it says that Tsume's epic attack is ranged. However, it appears he jumps over and whacks someone with a sword on his epic attack, so it seems that it would be a melee attack rather than ranged.

Is there an error in the tool tip, or is Tsume's epic attack supposed to be a ranged attack?

Thanks!

pa2f6x6uojhf.jpg

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hm. Odd.

Could actually be done on purpose to bypass part of Bauble's DR against Melee attacks so your Tsume doesn't end up dropping to 15% Health only to get nothing back.

But probably not. @Joel?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Hm. Odd.

Could actually be done on purpose to bypass part of Bauble's DR against Melee attacks so your Tsume doesn't end up dropping to 15% Health only to get nothing back.

But probably not. @Joel?

Tsume gets his health back if he misses.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Hm. Odd.

But probably not. @Joel?

Tsume gets his health back if he misses.

Right. But if he hits a DR bauble and deals 0 damage, he gets nothing back. Ignoring Bauble's Flying damage reduction (a whopping 50% against Melee attacks) would help Tsume get at least something back from his Epic attack.
  • If tsume is at 15% hp or below he does about 2.5x damage, therefore he can still do damage against heavy dr targets
    If tsume is at 15% hp or below he does about 2.5x damage, therefore he can still do damage against heavy dr targets

You see, you say that, but I doubt you've ever gone up against a full DR Bauble. Even without full DR, he would still have a lot. And 2.5x of 8 damage is still only 20 damage. You see what I'm saying?
  • TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    edited October 13
    @JackHallow666 That's not how this works (yet, after the combat revamp it will). DR and Dmg% are applied additively, not multiplicatively. So let's say you have a really good Bauble with 90% DR from runes. For the sake of argument let's also give him Furnace on the team for an extra 15% DR. Tsume will have 250% damage at 14%. So what you do is take his damage and subtract all DR.
    So 250% - 90% (Bauble rune DR) - 15% (Furnace dwarven forged team) - 50% (Bauble flying 2) - 25% (Bauble armored) = 70% base damage to Bauble. Any +dmg runes on Tsume will help that of course.

This is of course assuming that Tsumes epic is melee, so not reality.
    TTS1000 wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 That's not how this works (yet, after the combat revamp it will). DR and Dmg% are applied additively, not multiplicatively. So let's say you have a really good Bauble with 90% DR from runes. For the sake of argument let's also give him Furnace on the team for an extra 15% DR. Tsume will have 250% damage at 14%. So what you do is take his damage and subtract all DR.
    So 250% - 90% (Bauble rune DR) - 15% (Furnace dwarven forged team) - 50% (Bauble flying 2) - 25% (Bauble armored) = 70% base damage to Bauble. Any +dmg runes on Tsume will help that of course.

This is of course assuming that Tsumes epic is melee, so not reality.

oh, hm. my bad then.
  • If they really want to make it ranged I think his sword should shoot out some magic orbs or something, because giving someone a poke is not ranged. I personally think it was just a mistake.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    farfella wrote: »
    If they really want to make it ranged I think his sword should shoot out some magic orbs or something, because giving someone a poke is not ranged. I personally think it was just a mistake.

Perhaps it's ranged because he's hitting their soooOOOUUuuuls!