Why the heck is the game based on League of Legends.

Holda holda holda. Runes, skins, leagues.... highest being legend. I dont play LoL atm, im planning on starting tomorrow so i watched a few videos on it, but come on this game has WAYYYYY too much references. Are one of the devs a league of legends addict or something. Death Blossom... Death Lotus, a crazy OP spinning attack dealing massive amounts of AoE damage. COME ON!!!! Someone explain why one of the devs is madly addicted to league of legends xD Way too much LoL content, with Concept Art for all the heroes/champions and a backstory. Yep, I'm convinced this was 100% inspired by LoL.

Comments

• It's true.

LoL came up with all of those concepts. There is no other games that also have runes, skins, or leagues. Or AOE attacks with the word death in them. The word death is so rarely used when it comes to ability terminology, I can completely see how you are making the connection.

You saw it here first - DB is just another cell phone moba Copy Pasta.

• There is nothing new under the sun.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Im confused. Was that sarcasm... because from I see, one of more of the devs is madly addicted to LoL and used tons of ideas from there. If that was sarcasm, all i have to say is when a game has runes(they do the EXACT SAME THING, even capped at level 30) skins, leagues, one even being called LEGEND, along with a popular game breaking spinning AoE attack throwing knives, literally called Death Lotus, (really) it's kinda obvious this was directly from LoL.

Buddy, I think I just gotta ask. How old are you?

And if you go to the thread on this forums called "Dungeon Boss References?" you'll find there's hundreds of references to things in this game. Way before LoL ever existed.

And second, yeah. I'll also sarcastically say that there's never been a game with rankings ending in Legend, or runes to add to your heroes, and that DB did is totally copying LoL, who definitely were the only ones with the idea.

I mean, it just logically makes sense. What else would you call the top league in PvP? The Plastic league? The Cardboard league? Legend just makes sense.

Runes just make sense too. You want to implement a system where you basically put stat stickers on your heroes, but you want it to make sense in your fantasy world. Runes fit that perfectly.

That last part I just... I just can't. You think it's inspired by LoL because the heroes have concept art and backstory?

No. I'm so done. I'm out. Next thing you know SonofHilmer will actually make it out of Recruit league and start saying PvP was inspired by Dark Souls.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • JustFunPlayJustFunPlay Member
    edited October 13
    Alright, to get things clear, DB isn't a rip off of league of legends, here are some reasons:
    LoL is a MOBA, DB is a turn-based strategy.
    LoL is 5v5 multiplayer only(with the exeption of a few gamemodes), DB has a PvE 'story' and PvP is actually one sided pvp because it isn't 2 players controling different teams at the same time, it is still against an ai.
    As mentioned above, in DB 1 player controls a group of up to four heroes, in LoL 10 players control a total of 10 champions.
    LoL has champions, DB has heroes.
    In LoL you get champions by buying them with ip/rp, in DB you get heroes by getting tokens.
    In LoL champions level up in-game, in DB heroes level up through completing dungeons.

And now to disprove you:
    LoL has a completely different rune system in comparison to DB, especialy when preseason 8 comes around.
    DB has a background story? As far as I know there are only descriptions of the heroes characters while LoL has an entire story that connects the champions with one and another, go check the LoL universe webpage.

There are a lot more differences but I don't have the time to think about them and list them.
    Post edited by JustFunPlay on
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited October 13
    Im confused. Was that sarcasm... because from I see, one of more of the devs is madly addicted to LoL and used tons of ideas from there. If that was sarcasm, all i have to say is when a game has runes(they do the EXACT SAME THING, even capped at level 30) skins, leagues, one even being called LEGEND, along with a popular game breaking spinning AoE attack throwing knives, literally called Death Lotus, (really) it's kinda obvious this was directly from LoL.

No. I'm so done. I'm out. Next thing you know SonofHilmer will actually make it out of Recruit league and start saying PvP was inspired by Dark Souls.

Or maybe even use paragraphs.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Here we go again.

I agree with @SonOfHilmer, Dungeon boss is a complete rip off except they didn't steal ideas from LoL they stole all their ideas from Pong. To have pixels move on a screen for the enjoyment of the player. I say we boycott them!

The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited October 13
    In my opinion, I feel like DB is more similar to Clash Royale than LoL, and even then they came out around the same time. Also if actually paid attention to MK you would know that its not called "Death Lotus", its "Death Blossom".
    Level: 68
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc.
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    Photo provided by Jackhallow666.
  • The game is a patchwork of other ideas from lots of other games thrown together to make $ for the company. Nothing really new or original except maybe in how they were put together. Same as most other game apps.

Any real originality is quickly copied/pasted by others to cash in on the current bandwagon.

What game DB resembles the most is ultimately irrelevant.
  • edited October 13
    Hey hey hey, we all know that death blossom is actually taken from overwatch.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
    When I joined I thought the 3D blocky style was supposed to be like, I dunno, old-school 16-bit graphics turned into 3D. I guess like Minecraft? But saying it's like Minecraft because it's blocky is too easy.

Everything's basically been done already, so you can't really say anything is a rip-off of anything anymore. Unless it's really, really obvious.
  • @LifeReaperBroom

Was that a joke? Overwatch came out after Dungeon Boss...
  • @LifeReaperBroom

Was that a joke? Overwatch came out after Dungeon Boss...

Yes, the term death blossom is actually a military slang where one will spin wildly and shoot in all directions, it's also is the name of a super weapon of some movie called "the last starfighter" which may have inspired the slang. I was just jabbing at the joke where seemingly everything is taken from overwatch.
  • So now Dungeon Boss is copying the MILITARY? Wow this game has no new ideas.
  • Loved that movie growing up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPGuMGs8cg
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I am glad it is not based on Monopoly. I always go bankrupt in that game after a couple of hours. This game is taking much longer to bankrupt me.
  • But guys, there are demons, skeletons, dwarves, elves, goblins, minotaurs, lizardmen, wizards, and squigs! That means Dungeon Boss is a copy of Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and Dungeons and Dragons all at once!
  • Man this thread makes me feel old. Apparently league of legends invented all the gaming concepts that have been around forever now? Sure why not.

The success of that game still amazes me. I hope Aeon64 at least got paid something somewhere along the line. Those starcraft maps were pretty fun but I definitely didn't see it turning into all this someday.
    centralcommand
    The game is based on the ancient romans who invented the English language too! It's using words based off of this thing called the 'Dictionary', but that's pretty old so I doubt they thought anyone would notice! Haha, sadly for them, I did!

Also! Many of the characters in this game resemble humans! That's downright plagiarism from Mother Nature!

Don't even get me started on how the game uses colors, clearly ripping off Issac Newton and now he invented colors when light shown through his prism.

I'm sueing them on all accounts!!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Under no circumstances is this game based on fan made heroes.
  • Wow, I didn’t know that the Romans invented the English language. Did the French invent the Spanish language?
    If you can make a post saying Dungeon Boss is ripping off a game like League with no proof other than vague connections and assumptions, yet not foresee harsh criticism, I don't know what to tell you.

Also are you seriously just 8? Lol... I just... that's a joke, right?

You shouldn't be playing League at 8. Pretty sure it's rated E 10+! :lol:
    edited October 14
    Also holy crap, way to make fun of people with mental disabilities (dyslexia). Yeah, we'll totally apologize now for our rude behavior.
    edited October 14
    And lastly all we were saying is that all these things you're pointing out are just things DB and League have in common. Also that tons of fantasy video games use very similar words and concepts. Maybe I'd see a connection if MK had red hair and threw his knives, and his ability was called Lotus Blossom, but that's just not how it is.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, I'm trying to teach you that just because you said it first doesn't mean it's right. Are there some things that may have sprouted as an idea while one of the devs was playing league? Sure. Doesn't mean it's stolen or anything. I get hero ideas while playing video games. Doesn't mean I stole the idea.

I'd say if anything, these things DB is "based off of" are more like things DB "took inspiration from".

Look, I'm fine with you connecting dots between two games and making a post about it. I'm just saying, in the future, don't say that one side is basing something off another or ripping it off another, cuz we don't know if that's true.

I'm just trying to make the next generation of journalists and news reporters less fake.
  • Wait, why was sonofhilmer banned? No reason for that I don't think, right?!?
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!