Really tired of being dodged

Really, really, really, really tired of it.

Raids only have about six attacks and they are over. Even a single defender dodge is essentially the difference between winning and losing.

Far too great an influence, especially when one hero gets it maxed for free.

Comments

• I hate dodge as much as the next person.... but what raids are you playing currently with only 6 attacks 0.o Or where a dodge actually turns a game for that matter.
  • Not everyone is level 70 Matt.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 13
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    Not everyone is level 70 Matt.

True but Esmenoth been on the forums for over 1 1/2 years... so I guess I just kind of assumed he was max level. Seemed like a reasonable assumption >.<
  • Dodge is an in game mechanic used for defense. Just like some heroes can have extremely high DR, we bring heroes with good armor piercing. Heroes with good dodge, bring dwarves or Aira so that the perfect swing helps hit these slippery targets.
  • Dodge is an in game mechanic used for defense. Just like some heroes can have extremely high DR, we bring heroes with good armor piercing. Heroes with good dodge, bring dwarves or Aira so that the perfect swing helps hit these slippery targets.

Are you going to bring dwarves against that shade with 6% dodge because someone decided to put that garbage pvp season rune on them :P
  • That's the single greatest rune in the game. A dark rune with 6-7% is incredible as it can't be found on ANY other rune. The ability of the developers to continue to give us new and exciting runes is remarkable.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited October 13
    Dodge is an in game mechanic used for defense. Just like some heroes can have extremely high DR, we bring heroes with good armor piercing. Heroes with good dodge, bring dwarves or Aira so that the perfect swing helps hit these slippery targets.

This is an old MMORPG (or just any game really) argument - what's better, mitigation or avoidance?

Heavy armor (absorbs hits) or Light armor (agility/move out of the way)

DB does a good job overall of balancing that. Sure, you could put an evasive rune in one slot and a planning/tactics rune in another -- but you lose out by trying to hybrid.

Aria dodges like a fiend.. but when she does get hit, it's usually a knock out blow. Furnace doesn't dodge (unless oddly runed or with Bauble for one round) but he does mitigate any damage above 1/5th his HP.

Two legendary heroes with two polar opposite ways of staying alive.

I expect a new thread about how OP Emily is because of her damage reduction... oh wait, that has 4 pages already.

• danacdanac Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    Not everyone is level 70 Matt.

As far as I know, there's only one level 70 Matt.

• danacdanac Member
    Esmenoth wrote: »

I'd reply, but I'm avoiding you.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    danac wrote: »
    Esmenoth wrote: »

I'd reply, but I'm avoiding you.

Stop dodging his questions

This post is for those that @danac’s joke went over their head.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 14
    Danac can't help it. Aria is visiting for the weekend and she's got +10% chance to do so.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I was going to have fun tonight but my wife dodged me.