Rework the "Pontifex Team"

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Remember back when Balog and Ignus were "buffed" to have a tiny, tiny amount of synergy with Ponti?

Remember how it was never talked about again? There hasn't even been an event for the Ponti team. It's like they've forgotten it exists.

My suggestion? Buff them. They don't feel like a team. More like a group of lads who met at a bar just yesterday and maybe have a couple things in common.

Pontifex himself:
- Chaos Storm applies a debuff called "Chaotic", decreasing the target's Defense and preventing Energy gain. This effect would last for 3 turns.
- Grave Digger, as the name implies, un-buries allies whose corpses have been removed.
- Doom Bolt deals increased damage, but no longer deals 2x damage to Armored units. Instead, it ignores any type of damage reduction, or invulnerability. With a name like Doom Bolt, you shouldn't be able to negate this attack.
- A new passive, Evil Fervor. Replaces Undead Fervor. Grants +15% Health, +25% Attack, and +15% Skill to all Dark and Undead allies.
- A new passive, Pontifex's Prayers. Grants all allies Atk+ for 2 turns whenever he is killed in his flesh form. Upon returning to flesh form from skeleton form, grants his team Def+ for 2 turns.
- Pontifex's Raise the Dead passive ability now fully revives Undead allies.

Balog:
- Thunder Shout should silence all enemies at a 100% chance if it hits.
- Change his Taunt to Silencing Taunt. 25% chance to Silence any attacker when hit for 1 turn.
- Change Bull Rush to Fearsome Rush, lowers energy by 2 and Fears the target.
- Make his Mute passive work without requiring Pontifex.
- A new passive, Dark Priest's Call. When on a team with Pontifex, chance to follow-up his attacks, and Balog's abilities will purge buffs.

Ignus:
- A new passive, Charbroiler. When attacking Burning enemies, lower their energy by 1.
- An addition to Maniacal, add that when on a team with Pontifex, increases his own Health by 30%.

Kobal:
- A new passive, Necromancer's Apprentice. When on a team with Pontifex, Ponti gains a chance to Disease on basic attacks and Kobal summons one random dead ally to attack when using abilities.

Dagrund:
- A new passive, Necromatic Healing. When on a team with Pontifex, all healing from Pontifex's Soul Eater or Dagrund's Vampiric passive is given to other allies too.

Shade:
- A new passive, Haunted Energy. When on a team with Pontifex, Dark allies gain +1 energy for every Haunted unit they deal damage to.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Hansuke
Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.

Comments

• Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited October 2017
    I literally just suggested a rework for him and the undead team lol. Nice ideas though.I love Pontifex and there should definitely be some type of revive mechanism for him and his team.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I literally just suggested a rework for him and the undead team lol

After this was made though
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    I've been sitting on it for a while but life is busy :( What would this do to Hopper? xD
    I've been sitting on it for a while but life is busy :( What would this do to Hopper? xD

I don't think Hopper should be part of the Ponti team. The heroes I listed are all sort of like Ponti or already had synergy with him. Hopper is more of a Ponti counter if anything because she removes his allies' corpses.

Perhaps Icebloom could have some weird synergy with him... I dunno why. It's weird enough Ignus does. But I guess that's cuz he's mad.
  • Never knew Balog had synergy... never bothered to ascend him. I agree that all those guys need upgrades EXCEPT Shade. I think it would be cool if they had more hooded casters that combo with Ponti and I definitely thing Kobal should.
    Never knew Balog had synergy... never bothered to ascend him. I agree that all those guys need upgrades EXCEPT Shade. I think it would be cool if they had more hooded casters that combo with Ponti and I definitely thing Kobal should.

Yeah this was made a long, long time ago. I would never seriously say Shade needs a buff nowadays.