Guild Boss Invasion 2

Comments

• Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    To be fair, they did give us time yo save our resources. That's what all the gem offers have been for xD
  • I didn't mean for this to escalate and hijack the thread so I think we should call it quits for now. To be fair, I never said you specifically bragged so please note that.
  • @Joel
    Joel wrote: »
    This is legit. We put the announcements out earlier for Guild Games because you can't switch guilds for that, but Boss Invasion is non-competitive and you can change guilds freely during the event, so we didn't think it would be as significant. We were obviously incorrect about that.

Joel, I will agree with @itirnitii here. You have stated that Boss Invasion is non-competitive, yet the last Boss Invasion contained a leaderboard, which made it a competition.

"Leaderboard:
    singular noun
    The leaderboard is a board that shows the names and positions of the leading competitors in a competition."

Are you removing or changing the board for this second Boss Invasion event so that it is non-competitive?
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    I agree with you mom, monetarily Big Fish is encouraged to make us "compete" by not removing the board. But the contradiction still rests and that's all I mean to call to light here.

Still love you ❤️
    I will yeah...
  • edited October 18
    Non-competitive? New light hero and rune? Im guessing its probably another masuta with beast pwn death blossom gg lol ez

Is the top prize going to be the new hero and the rune? If so then is the acquirement of solaris going to be similar to this?
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • danacdanac Member
    momdukz wrote: »

Sorry about the loss of your sense of humor. I shall form a search party straight away to find it.

Just don't look for squirrels
  • danacdanac Member
    Anûbis wrote: »
    There’s different kinds of guilds and a guild for everyone’s playing style where they can play without worry or stress. .

I hear some guilds require an unhealthy obsession with Spiderman.

itirnitii wrote: »
    You must not have noticed that I am near the top of the LOL leaderboard.
    Hopefully some really decent rewards to justify the (assumed) grind ahead.

You shouldn’t have to grind to get lols.

In fact, if you get lols from grinding, I think you might be doing it wrong.

Anûbis wrote: »
    as a gm I like to carry myself with a little dignity and avoid stooping to childish bickering when it’s easily avoidable.

Darn it, already made a Spiderman joke.

• I think we should have been told earlier so we could have saved up our resources.
    And i also think that we need more time to rest between guild events. The more often i feel like im being forced to play the game many hours a day, the more/quicker i ll get bored of the game. At least thats my opinion.
  • I'm looking forward to the event, personally. The last GBI did not seem very resource intensive. Everything was courage based. Didn't need stamina or materials or gold or keys.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don’t think lack of notice is an issue. 2 days is more than enough time. Also, if everyone gets the same amount of notice, it doesn’t really hurt anyone, doesn’t it?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    edited October 18
    itirnitii wrote: »
    @Joel You say its non-competitive but then you give us a leaderboard to spur us to compete on. Any chance this can be removed or disabled to avoid temptation? Or have it so the leaderboard ignores points beyond max rewards (like 10,500 crowns).

Did you not notice the leaderboard from the heroic summons or from the last GBB? DB would be dumb to not include a leaderboard as putting a leadership out increases revenue and I for one encourage them to be financially viable.

Teal125
  • @Joel
    This is legit. We put the announcements out earlier for Guild Games because you can't switch guilds for that, but Boss Invasion is non-competitive and you can change guilds freely during the event, so we didn't think it would be as significant. We were obviously incorrect about that.

Joel, I will agree with @itirnitii here. You have stated that Boss Invasion is non-competitive, yet the last Boss Invasion contained a leaderboard, which made it a competition.

"Leaderboard:
    singular noun
    The leaderboard is a board that shows the names and positions of the leading competitors in a competition."

Are you removing or changing the board for this second Boss Invasion event so that it is non-competitive?
    @Joel

"Leaderboard:
    singular noun

What is it with you LC guys? Did you not realize that leaderboards drive more playing and spending in a very significant way. The heroic pulls leaderboard, the leaderboard on the last invastion? Those boards are gold. Why on Earth would DB not want leaderboards? They ought to have more leaderboards as they are clearly motivating to players.

When DB says the event is "non competitive" they are lying to you. It is "non competitive" for rewards but there is a leaderboard so there will be some competition.

Have fun pushing up the leaderboard, it is a game after all.
    Teal125
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited October 18
    I've already acknowledged in this very thread that it is not in Big Fish's interest monetarily to cap the leaderboard.

The point still stands. Whether Big Fish decides to listen or care about it is up to them, but that doesn't mean I am not allowed to speak my mind on the subject. If every time we kept silent on an idea to improve things, because "well money" then we would miss out on a lot of lost opportunities that have already taken place to improve the game and its events. Cynicism and greed don't always win and it is fair and perfectly reasonable to take a stance contrary to it no matter the outcome.

At the very least, if the stance is to keep the leaderboard and not cap it, let us all agree that this is fuel for competition and not deem it otherwise. I am not saying it makes it a competition, but at least makes competition intriguing to many. No tactic is right or wrong, it is a preference based on guild goals, player goals, and player satisfaction. No player can tell another player how to enjoy playing a game, that is up to each player to decide for themselves.

Every guild is going to decide whether the unimplied "competition" is worth competing for and no guild is going to have all 50 members harmoniously agree on what stance to take. Regardless of that point, this underlying dissidence is a natural outcome when the devs themselves can't come to terms with the nature of the event and send mixed signals to the player base. It creates too much ambiguity and I personally am not a fan.
    Post edited by itirnitii on
  • Sooooo this post got dumb real fast..... leaderboard, no leaderboard who cares. Anyone want to speculate on what the new hero is or what we hope it is? Maybe suggest strategies based on the last event to help others do better in this event? Or heck maybe be a little bit excited to do something other than the weekly grind we're all so used to? Come on people, I didn't come on the forums to read up on the latest pissing match or useless banter. Let's attempt to stay positive and on topic...
  • Kwikee wrote: »
    Sooooo this post got dumb real fast..... leaderboard, no leaderboard who cares. Anyone want to speculate on what the new hero is or what we hope it is? Maybe suggest strategies based on the last event to help others do better in this event? Or heck maybe be a little bit excited to do something other than the weekly grind we're all so used to? Come on people, I didn't come on the forums to read up on the latest pissing match or useless banter. Let's attempt to stay positive and on topic...

Exemplar the light archer! The team will be elves! Speculation
  • Maybe a healing monster? And the beasts will be overthrown. Haha!
  • PwnisherPwnisher Member
    edited October 18
    This is terrific theater, terrific! The war of words, yet each complicit in leaderboard competition. Exactly like school children on a playground... so easily provoked away from their plan, their beliefs. I would have been impressed and had great respect if certain guilds had stuck to their plan and let any juveniles climb past them. This would have sent a message. This would have demonstrated strength and leadership by example. ...but alas, everyone fell right into the cash grab black hole, thus forever justifying the leaderboard. It would have been horrific to save money, time and finish somewhere south of first with top prizes in tow. Horrific. That meaningless top spot in such events obviously outweighs everything despite anything written in this forum.

No provocation intended here, just a small fish on the sidelines pushed to the point of calling out some truth.
  • I'm just happy to be in a guild that hits the highest rewards possible and to have some fun along the way... :)
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • Joel wrote: »

Any possibilities, with the summit no longer active, that we could get the "team" of focus for this invasion today? Last GBI, we knew the flyers were featured. It'd be great to know what team to equip with runes...also a free unequip would be nice to see today. Thanks
  • I'm cautiously optimistic. Not long ago, we were all frustrated about the lack of new heroes for so many months, so getting another one so soon after Solaris is a pleasant surprise.

The biggest problem with the last BI was the constant grinding caused by that silly daily quest to kill a bazillion flyers. If the devs learned from the overwhelmingly negative feedback on that, this should be a pretty relaxed event. As long as that kind of time sink is taken out of the equation, I doubt event fatigue will be much of an issue (at least for me and the majority of my guild family).

Still, though, I agree that we should have been given more advanced notice (this is a good example of why we need those State of the Game writeups to start happening sooner, rather than later).
  • Hopefully we can get him with portals.
    Otherwise this free portals are useless.
  • I’m really excited for this but @Joel good lord please give more then a two day notice
  • To be fair, I believe there was only one guild that cared about the leaderboard last GBI. There was another guild joking about caring about it - which made a guild actually care about it.

Solution: Be like the other hundred+ guilds that actually don't care about it. That being said - If you DO decide to care, most certainly do not complain >.<

Off Topic: Danac I think it would help everyone if you switched your squirrel obsession people association to myself. In college one of my good friends was obsessed with photographing squirrels. I think this life lesson has equipped me to not be offended by any sort of squirrel (or any animal) reference.

Attached my friend's facebook profile picture for proof.

q6h6fk03bxij.jpg

He's an actual photographer so... something something copyright? I think I covered my bases.

The real question on everyones mind.
    Does It Count?

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Pwnisher wrote: »
    This is terrific theater, terrific! The war of words, yet each complicit in leaderboard competition. Exactly like school children on a playground... so easily provoked away from their plan, their beliefs. I would have been impressed and had great respect if certain guilds had stuck to their plan and let any juveniles climb past them. This would have sent a message. This would have demonstrated strength and leadership by example. ...but alas, everyone fell right into the cash grab black hole, thus forever justifying the leaderboard. It would have been horrific to save money, time and finish somewhere south of first with top prizes in tow. Horrific. That meaningless top spot in such events obviously outweighs everything despite anything written in this forum.

No provocation intended here, just a small fish on the sidelines pushed to the point of calling out some truth.

Is this the French Revolution?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    I’m really excited for this but @Joel good lord please give more then a two day notice

A week ?
  • Year and a half. What’s planned for mid April 2019?
  • @Joel @Eej Will the new hero be available via Portal Summon? Or will it be similar to Solaris - strictly $$ purchase and/or tokens from the event?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 18
    Someone reminded me that @eej mentioned that all future hero releases will be via the GBIs, not via the portals.

If that's the case, then the 120+ heroic portal summons I have queued up and waiting for a use are feeling SUPER useless and they'd better change weekly rewards back to gem equivalents soon, because that's kinda a crappy way to make those summons completely worthless.

ETA: Or, as someone else commented earlier, add a Heroic Portal summon -> Gem conversion item in the Shop. Don't care if you only limit it to one or two conversions per day. Just give us some way to use those Heroic Portals so that we aren't left feeling like we got screwed.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 18
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Someone reminded me that @eej mentioned that all future hero releases will be via the GBIs, not via the portals.

If that's the case, then the 120+ heroic portal summons I have queued up and waiting for a use are feeling SUPER useless and they'd better change weekly rewards back to gem equivalents soon, because that's kinda a crappy way to make those summons completely worthless.

ETA: Or, as someone else commented earlier, add a Heroic Portal summon -> Gem conversion item in the Shop. Don't care if you only limit it to one or two conversions per day. Just give us some way to use those Heroic Portals so that we aren't left feeling like we got screwed.

I can pretty much assure you that this will never happen. They probably had this in mind when they changed them to gems in the first place (That they'd be relying less on heroic pulls) and realized the monetary affects before changing it back.

And to think I argued so heavily on how heroic portals would one day be useful again when that occurred.

<Puts bag over head>
    <Stands in shame corner>

That being said heroic pulls are obviously still very useful for new players. They're also useful for f2p players who havn't maxed VIP heroes when they eventually get rotated to the heroic portal. They're really only "worthless" to end game players with max rosters - But hey that's true for just about everything.