Guild Boss Invasion 2

Comments

• I'm doing the math so far. It really looks like maybe only 3 to 5 guilds will be able to get to 2.5 Million for the rune. If it is not supposed to be a competition as DB keeps saying. Why make the rune award so exclusive?
    GalakSS
  • It is a good rune. If not, settle for the corrupted heart and craft it.

(A few) Boosts are a definite to reach 2.5m. Another reason to announce the event early so that we can save up on gems (and resources).
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited October 20
    I'm far more concerned with 20 tokens stashed behind an insurmountable Dungeon than with the lead notice. By comparison, I've beaten today's 'lvl 70' Boss Island dungeon repeatedly since last night, and I can't even finish Shadow Throne. It seems like you'll need really crazy 'Superior' runes in your monsters to beat Shadow Throne, and having made 60 yesterday, I don't really have the access them. The difficulty scaling is a little harsh at my level, and I would guess at lower levels as well.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    I'm far more concerned with 20 tokens stashed behind an insurmountable Dungeon than with the lead notice. By comparison, I've beaten today's 'lvl 70' Boss Island dungeon repeatedly since last night, and I can't even finish Shadow Throne. It seems like you'll need really crazy 'Superior' runes in your monsters to beat Shadow Throne, and having made 60 yesterday, I don't really have the access them. The difficulty scaling is a little harsh at my level, and I would guess at lower levels as well.

Last time it was significantly easier for all sub level 70 players relatively. If you're struggling now, the defense boost should help substantially which most competing guilds will receive at 3cst today.
  • I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

The Second dungeon is much more easily 3 starable, but the 3rd dungeon just laughs at my team of Hopper, Marrow, Mangle Jaw, and Solaris.

• Lafoote wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

The Second dungeon is much more easily 3 starable, but the 3rd dungeon just laughs at my team of Hopper, Marrow, Mangle Jaw, and Solaris.

Do you have Igorok? I'm using Marrow, Solaris, Igorok and Koros. Ig and Koros are doing the bulk of the damage, while Sol and Marrow give boosts and keep them healthy.

Bear n mind, not all events are going to be doable by all players at all levels. Its always been that way.
  • I was only able to three-star the final dungeon by using an all monster team with Igorok and his epic @lvl 6. I had to use three elixirs and summon Emily for 4 friends.
  • This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • Larry
  • jace99 wrote: »
    Larry

What?
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • Jerry?
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited October 23
    This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.

Are you joking? I loved that one, It got me into legend for the first time, and inspired me to say there! No quests! It was awesome! I liked that one way better.
    Post edited by farfella on
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.

Are you joking? I loved that one, It got me into legend for the first time, and inspired me to say there! No quests! It was awesome! I lik that one way better.

"Different people like different things" - Every Piece of S*** In The World.
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • GBI for solaris is way better than this one. You have to sink in more resources than before for a payout that is less.
  • nunya wrote: »
    I loathed this event. It came too close on the heels of the last event. It arose with very little warning. It was monotonous. And, it was a blatant cash grab.

We are losing some of our best players because of this lovely event. I do hope the momentary gain makes up for the long term losses. :(

I do agree that this event came far too early without anyone even knowing, which is a problem on the devs hands.
    Every other event, they gave a notice and it took a while for events like this to come. If this keeps up, it looks like we'll be getting a BI every month or so which isn't enough time to build up resources (especially if you're a F2P player.)
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • BlothBloth Member
    Why do you all act surprised at events popping up without warning ? This company is about making money,that’s it ! $$$ 1st, then more $$$, then some $$$. Somewhere near the VERY bottom are your concerns. Sorry, but that’s the truth. You won’t be missed & life will go on.
  • MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited October 23
    Bloth wrote: »
    Why do you all act surprised at events popping up without warning ? This company is about making money,that’s it ! $$$ 1st, then more $$$, then some $$$. Somewhere near the VERY bottom are your concerns. Sorry, but that’s the truth. You won’t be missed & life will go on.

That mindset will cause the game to die out, like HonorBound.
    Not caring about your players is bullsh*t and is the recipe of death for a game.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that you said "You won't be missed & life will go on.". That's some flawed logic you got there, if half the players just quit because of the developers not caring, would you say the same thing then? HonorBound and Monster Legends was a game that I really loved, and because of ignorant devs and toxic players, both of the games completely died, literally the top 500 players in the world of both games quit forever. I really don't want to lose this game as well because of ignorant developers and people like you who do not give a sh*t about the game's players. Flag this all you want, it doesn't matter to me.
    Post edited by MatadorGKila on
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • Am at 930 tickets and will hit the 13,000 guild tickets...

nice and convenient for DB to have the 3.75 million mark (which I think is a massive achievement for mine and any guild) at 13,000 tickets - 1,000 short of obtaining two hearts.

so being 70 tickets short of two hearts what to do? i can't justify spending 1000 gems and $12.99 just for one extra heart...

Money grab aside, for the top 10 or so guilds that grind for four days, spend money and gems it's all pretty poor IMO

---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Oops. Posted originally in wrong thread. Moving this over here.

I thought the 65/70 tokens was a shameful and painfully obvious money grab. Seriously poor taste, Big Fish. :(

And I’m glad they went ahead and raised the bar with higher thresholds but the additional effort/investment required was NOT commensurate with the reward. Whoever designed this event and the associated reward tiers was either an idiot or a sadist.

Last time 1.8 million tickets got you top rewards. This time you still have another 700k before you even get a rune? 2.5 million guild points seems reasonable but for the reward package that is being paid out at the top. The 5 million reward tier should have been significantly greater.

And to get to 5 million total guild points, you either have to have a bunch of monster whales pulling the whole group or get an entire guild to commit just under 6000 gems to get 100k points per guild member? For that amount we should have enough tickets in our coffers to buy both Corrupted Hearts and every freaking token in the stupid Event Shop.

But no. Top tier gets you 17k tickets. Enough for two corrupted hearts and 15 stinking tokens? That’s highway robbery.

Shame on you Big Fish. Shameful event. Just miserable. @eej @joel

I fully expect to see a response from Joel or Eej saying something along the lines of “we’re listening to your feedback and are disappointed with this event. We will do better next time.”

Basically the same spiel they give at almost each event. I’m prob be cynical here but I feel like they purposely make these cash grabs and then come and say they are disappointed in the results and that they will do better next time, knowing that next time they will think of another way to make these events have a bad reward value.
  • I enjoyed the first boss invasion, unique hero with new way of introducing hero but the huge jump in whats required to get top tier rewards was way out of proportion to what was needed to get to 5 million.

I also don't understand why you introduce a new hero and the last hero released doesn't go into the heroic portal, this doesn't make sense unless you intend to never give us heroic heroes again then you really pulled one over on all those that wanted the summons vs the gems for weekly rewards.

I actually dread the fact that tomorrow when I collect my rewards I will buy the corrupted hearts then not even have enough gems left to make the runes.
  • MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited October 23
    FatCat69 wrote: »

I thought the 65/70 tokens was a shameful and painfully obvious money grab. Seriously poor taste, Big Fish. :(

And I’m glad they went ahead and raised the bar with higher thresholds but the additional effort/investment required was NOT commensurate with the reward. Whoever designed this event and the associated reward tiers was either an idiot or a sadist.

Last time 1.8 million tickets got you top rewards. This time you still have another 700k before you even get a rune? 2.5 million guild points seems reasonable but for the reward package that is being paid out at the top. The 5 million reward tier should have been significantly greater.

And to get to 5 million total guild points, you either have to have a bunch of monster whales pulling the whole group or get an entire guild to commit just under 6000 gems to get 100k points per guild member? For that amount we should have enough tickets in our coffers to buy both Corrupted Hearts and every freaking token in the stupid Event Shop.

But no. Top tier gets you 17k tickets. Enough for two corrupted hearts and 15 stinking tokens? That’s highway robbery.

You can buy 25 tokens of Marrow in the event ticket shop.....?
    I do agree with everything else you said though.
    Scrub in Synergetic.
    All hail Lord Zomm!
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

@MatadorGKila He’s saying that after buying 2 corrupted hearts there are only enough tickets to buy 15 tokens. Considering each player in the guild would have to average $20 worth of gems this is disgraceful.
  • danacdanac Member

You can buy 75 Marrow tokens in shop.

50 for 7500 gems.
    I bought 20 that way to 3* him early to increase guild points.
    Wasn't enough.

I want to emphasize something here:

3.75 million for 13000 tickets, when you need 14000 for two hearts, and you can't get 1000 from raiding unless you spend a lot of cash.
    That's just plain sadistic.

• Yes, the attention to detail and thought process on the reward levels.. the psychology of ensuring we JUST miss out on the next tier after spending four days grinding was quite clever.. I only wish there was that sort of attention to detail to some things we have been crying out for for years - like hero sorting and some other aesthetic pleasures that may not necessarily garnish big $$$$.

Understand DB needs to make money with micro (or not so micro) transactions but this all left a bad taste in my mouth.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army