Guild Boss Invasion 2

12346»

Comments

• ticket shop #portalgate2
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • KaltagKaltag Member
    edited October 23
    I've been paying since December 2015, I honestly think this is the worst event I've seen. I'm not leaving the game over it, or getting upset, just an observation.

The proximity to the last event, the lack of notice, the cash grab, the lackluster ticket payouts. I can't think of a single positive, other than the hero being unlocked for 10 tokens.

My alt guild couldn't hit any reward tier, it's full of random casual players. The message when giving out rewards was pretty snarky.

On my regular account I finished with over 130 unused courage because it was clear we couldn't make the rune reward and there was literally no benefit from continuing with the dungeon.

(I should add that I had to join a different guild due to the (almost non existent) notice - I was taking a break and was incredibly lucky to get into a really lovely guild during the event. If we'd had notice and I'd been with my normal guild we would have a rune right now, instead of 7k tickets).

s9eacfzrimyi.png

• I thought this event was ok, although there is always room for improvement. Im not just saying this because we actually got a reward for getting like 1.26m points but rather because there was some amount of difficulty in this event. It was not just grinding, there was some degree of fun as opposed to the first BI event. They reduced the amount of tokens required for the hero and the grindiness (nice word I created) for each quest was greatly reduced. The daily quest line actually changed each day if you noticed, one day its kill 50 enemies with monsters and the next is kill 50 undead enemies.
    So to sum it up:
    -Less grindy
    -They listened to our feedback and I admit they made this event somewhat bearable
    -The hero was not OP considering it was a 1 star, I still prefer Solaris
    -THEY ACTUALLY CHANGED IGOROK TO SOMETHING USEFUL AFTER SO LONG

Could have been better if:
    -Even less grindy
    -New ideas such as new epic bosses so it feels more like "Boss invasion" rather than "grind invasion"
    -Reduce the thresholds for the rune since the rune only affects one hero at a time and 2.5m points is crazy
    -Interesting prizes, such as revealing a hint as to what might happen next for DB! Things like pictures with secrets than can only be revealed with the power of an eagle eye or adjusting the image in a certain manner. Kinda like Scott Cawthon and his fnaf teasers which could similarly apply to this idea but idk im weird.

What we would like to see as a repeating feature with these events:
    -Reworks for forgotten heroes
    -New heroes
    -New runes

plz change the shop items im not paying my invaluable tickets for 5 flowers or whatever
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • I agree with Koros. Dungeons were interesting and quests had variety. Pretty good job :)

Some complaints i have:
    Event tix not being scaled appropriately to the effort required;
    Events are too close to one another which makes it pretty tiring and we also lack resources to enjoy the event to its utmost (even paytoplay people cant pay all the time), and Halloween is dropping soon - a guild event once a month should be frequent enough; you can also sync it with these festivals.

Thanks.
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    The bar was too high to get the rune. We had tons of players spend gems and time and it was too lofty to get the rune. My guild has 2.2m points and didn't get the rune. It's pretty sad.
    1611701?gid=
  • With the exception of the daily quest structure all other elements of this invasion served the single purpose of grabbing as much cash as possible regardless of consequences.
  • Kaltag wrote: »
    I've been paying since December 2015, I honestly think this is the worst event I've seen. I'm not leaving the game over it, or getting upset, just an observation.

The proximity to the last event, the lack of notice, the cash grab, the lackluster ticket payouts. I can't think of a single positive, other than the hero being unlocked for 10 tokens.

My alt guild couldn't hit any reward tier, it's full of random casual players. The message when giving out rewards was pretty snarky.

On my regular account I finished with over 130 unused courage because it was clear we couldn't make the rune reward and there was literally no benefit from continuing with the dungeon.

(I should add that I had to join a different guild due to the (almost non existent) notice - I was taking a break and was incredibly lucky to get into a really lovely guild during the event. If we'd had notice and I'd been with my normal guild we would have a rune right now, instead of 7k tickets).

Your last paragraph makes absolutely no sense. Are you saying you QUIT your probably top 20 guild to join a guild that you knew was garbage ? Oh well, I wonder what runes I should craft from the 3 corrupted hearts I got from this great event.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 23
    He's saying that he was taking a break from his normal guild. As a result of the short notice, he had to join another guild (because his spot was already filled and they weren't going to kick anyone midweek) and if he had received notice, he would have been in his own guild for BI2 and received the new blue rune. Instead, the guild he was able to join was only able to muster 7K tickets for rewards.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Come on people. This is a non-competitive event. There is no reason for DB to compete for our enjoyment of the game. Non-competitive money is just as good as cash
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Come on people. This is a non-competitive event. There is no reason for DB to compete for our enjoyment of the game. Non-competitive money is just as good as cash

It certainly was for Underworld.
    How many of y'all 6* the yellow fish day one?
  • Kreel 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • I saw Breakdance 2 at the movies. I was so excited.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • my biggest problem with the event was it seemed like a lot of time running the game for very little payout if you couldnt get one gorillion good boss points, and also, the monster bonus was so huge that you had to run them. as someone who didnt have the evos to ascend marrow it was painful to watch him die in 1-2 hits and waste a slot every run. (except he granted the big bonus for the other monsters)

the third dungeon was dull but took forever, the second dungeon was auto runnable. i feel like theres a middle ground where you have some challenge without it taking like 10 minutes a run. and also, getting rewards during the event is nice because it feels like actual progress is being made + you can use them to do better for the rest of the event.

thanks for reading my blog post.
  • Personally, I didn't mind this even at all. I didn't find it thrilling, by any means, but it felt FAR less onerous than the last Invasion. Still room to improve, but there's certainly movement in the right direction.

I agree wholeheartedly with Koros' assessment, and wish only to add that we ALSO want to see more epics released!

As far as the complaint that it's a "cash grab", I think folks forget that without the cash, there is no game. While I did spend a little bit on gems this event, I wasn't compelled to buy my way to a Marrow with 6 stars and rune him out with legendary superiors OR to spend untold amounts of resources to grab the coveted top prizes. I played enough to get Marrow to 3 stars, pick up a bunch of Solaris tokens on Monday, and still managed to have fun. Were there less than awesome parts? Yes. But the "cash grab" part didn't bother me in the least. After all, not all of us NEED every hero maxed out the second we get them, but obviously there are enough of us who do feel that way. Otherwise, the devs would find other ways to encourage in-game purchases...
  • danacdanac Member

the third dungeon was dull but took forever, the second dungeon was auto runnable. i feel like theres a middle ground where you have some challenge without it taking like 10 minutes a run.

I think that was on you. With Marrow fully ascended, the third dungeon didn't take long. It was much better than the last guild invasion third dungeon.
    Rkr1970 wrote: »
    I think folks forget that without the cash, there is no game. .

D'oh! I'd forgotten!
  • danac wrote: »

the third dungeon was dull but took forever, the second dungeon was auto runnable. i feel like theres a middle ground where you have some challenge without it taking like 10 minutes a run.

I think that was on you. With Marrow fully ascended, the third dungeon didn't take long. It was much better than the last guild invasion third dungeon.

You thought so? I was able to auto run the last one once we had the defense bonus in place, but this time the enemies were immune to many attacks and the enemies didn't appear in the same rooms every run, so it was manual run every time for me. The Lich required manual targeting and careful management of special attacks, so again, manual all the way, and it took several rounds to wear the Lich down. Not ten minutes, but certainly the length of tome it took prevented me using all my courage.

Both events required a bit of mixing and matching of runes, not a big deal for me as I had the runes and the gold to remove them, but some people struggled.

As always, not everyone is going to be able to extract the maximum pleasure and reward from any event, and it's probably impossible to balance the thing so everyone is happy.

It wasn't bad, but I preferred the last one.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited October 25
    I’d agree — the first GBI was painless to autorun once the aerial defense buff was in place. This time, the third was fast but manual.

@Barleyman — using a friend’s Yorick for Marked For Death on the Lich allowed you to one shot the Lich using Koros’ third ability.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

You thought so? I was able to auto run the last one once we had the defense bonus in place, but this time the enemies were immune to many attacks and the enemies didn't appear in the same rooms every run, so it was manual run every time for me. The Lich required manual targeting and careful management of special attacks, so again, manual all the way, and it took several rounds to wear the Lich down. Not ten minutes, but certainly the length of tome it took prevented me using all my courage.

[/quote]

I couldn't auto either. But I could manual run it without any danger or difficulty.

It took me longer the last time, here, it was maybe 4-5 minutes, and required little attention, I had every move to the Lich mapped out. Time consuming but not oppressively so like the it was for the other poster.

• For the final dungeon, changing up the mobs in each room so that it wasn't the same ones every run is a plus.
  • danac wrote: »

i wasnt around for that but if you think about it, maybe it shouldnt be like 6 waves of tanky af enemies that all kill the guy you have to bring along in 1-2 hits before a joke boss just saying
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I’d agree — the first GBI was painless to autorun once the aerial defense buff was in place. This time, the third was fast but manual.

@Barleyman — using a friend’s Yorick for Marked For Death on the Lich allowed you to one shot the Lich using Koros’ third ability.

I wish I'd known that for the event, only one friend had Yorick up and I never tried it.

Hoping the next PvE GG is a possible auto run throughout.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

I wish I'd known that for the event, only one friend had Yorick up and I never tried it.

Hoping the next PvE GG is a possible auto run throughout.

I was able to auto run with Marrow Koros Igo Sol with the defense buff 100% of the time. I know many others were as well. It was certainly faster to run manual however... It's nice when manual has a perk! It's often slower haha
  • nunyanunya Member
    I autoran easily with the suggested team of hoppy, koros, iggy, and morrie
    nunya
  • EsmenothEsmenoth Member
    edited October 25
    The first one I could autorun, the second I had to do manually and could only 3-star if I got lucky with the four fast warriors at the end not hitting Marrow twice, as I could not afford the runes to sufficiently buff him at 2 stars.

The third one was impossible for me to finish, even with heavy use of friends and pots.

But I only have most of my monsters at 5* and Igotok is not fully ascended (and I don't have Solaris because that last event was for ubers only).
  • Did you guys get the defensive buff in the mail? Because it should have been significantly easier once that buff was in place.
  • gmungmun Member
    I could auto run with morrie ekko igo sol before the defense buff, after the buff i took out ekko and sol, and out in koros and Phemus.
    Gmun
  • nunya wrote: »

so that's how you spend your Tuesdays.
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited October 26
    itirnitii wrote: »
    nunya wrote: »

so that's how you spend your Tuesdays.

No Tuesday was more that Line game and that other phone game that I play. :)
    nunya
12346»