Solaris too imbalance

edited October 18 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
Hello, I am 62lvl, after 4 mouth I begin play this game again. In tower of PWNage on 10th floor I have team with Grog-Gnog, Leonidus, Pignus Maximus and Solaris. And Solaris revive all that team 6 (!!!) times. I defeate all my heroes on this floor, because it revive them always after death and with ability. Pontifex, Zomm, Brom, Valkin, Viperia, Furnace, Shade, Zen......

That's not normal! In pvp all more terrible! This hero only in VIP portals, big fish spoiled this game. Why this hero have spirit immunity? I understand ekko, but solaris! This is just a phoenix, my main dps pontifex cant kill him...

That just beginning, first kai, after them shade, koros, solaris... Who next? Fast tank with dps like a pontifex with all AOE attack's who charge every 2 steps and clear good buffs on enemy team and do invisible or res for his team? Only in VIP portal, sure. This is good idea, big fish, use it! With this hero you can give more money!

Say me how counter solaris, please.. Or say me i am noob, i will take it.
Tagged:

Comments

• Try silencing Solaris and then killing the others. Do you have Balog?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Try silencing Solaris and then killing the others. Do you have Balog?

Yes i have it, but pignus and Leo have taunt. And that damage... I try this one time with torchy, but when i try to kill others, leo revive pignus (taunt), and after it solaris again revive all. Hmm, now im think about hopper to eat dead enemies... Sad, he in VIP portal too xd
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited October 18
    Use Viperia to remove the feather, and other buffs like taunt. But, remember that Solaris' 2nd ability will put that feather back on, so you have to kill them all before Solaris can use the second ability.
    Try silencing Solaris and then killing the others. Do you have Balog?

Yes i have it, but pignus and Leo have taunt. And that damage... I try this one time with torchy, but when i try to kill others, leo revive pignus (taunt), and after it solaris again revive all. Hmm, now im think about hopper to eat dead enemies... Sad, he in VIP portal too xd

Sol beast teams can be tricky/tough/frustrating if you don't have strong rune heroes.

It's especially tricky if you have Pig taunting but need to kill Leo. Leo can rez 2 heroes while on a Sol team, so usually in those defenses, I will just kill Pig with the assumption that he will be revived after I kill Leo, who will be my next target. I'd rather he revive one than 2 dead heroes. Once it's down to pig, GG and sol, kill either Pig or GG. When it's down to Sol and one more, try and whittle down both heroes' health because if you kill Sol and not the other, the whole team revives, and if you kill the other, but not Sol, he'll probably do immolating fire next round which is just as bad.

Again, it's tricky if you don't have a strong team, and even then, the fights can be super RNG.
  • @KappaPride1488 - You have to understand kill order to beat Solaris without a corpse eater. Basically, you need to either kill everyone in the same round, or leave at least one other hero alive with Solaris on his turn so he does not resurrect everyone with his last move. If you kill Solaris, or he uses his last move as an attack, you have to finish the rest of the team before the number above his head reaches 3. Otherwise, reset and start all over.
  • Personally, I think Solaris is too weak. Horrible AI hobbles this hero.

My two losses last season were because the attacker managed to kill two of my heroes and Solaris decided to use her third ability NOT to resurrect them and get them back in the fight, but to inflict a pitiful amount of damage on one (and nothing on the other two Spirit Immune attackers).

I honestly can't think of many situations where using that third skill offensively makes any sense whatsoever. I've never done it. It especially makes ZERO sense when you have two dead (non-beast) heroes sitting next to you on the ground and, if you were to resurrect them, they'd be able to take an immediate turn each (special attacks, because they're obviously charged), followed by another attack since one of them was the first fast attacker.

Seriously @eej @Joel, fix this AI. It sucks. She should never use her resurrect offensively. That's just the height of stupidity.
    Personally, I think Solaris is too weak. Horrible AI hobbles this hero.

My two losses last season were because the attacker managed to kill two of my heroes and Solaris decided to use her third ability NOT to resurrect them and get them back in the fight, but to inflict a pitiful amount of damage on one (and nothing on the other two Spirit Immune attackers).

I honestly can't think of many situations where using that third skill offensively makes any sense whatsoever. I've never done it. It especially makes ZERO sense when you have two dead (non-beast) heroes sitting next to you on the ground and, if you were to resurrect them, they'd be able to take an immediate turn each (special attacks, because they're obviously charged), followed by another attack since one of them was the first fast attacker.

Seriously @eej @Joel, fix this AI. It sucks. She should never use her resurrect offensively. That's just the height of stupidity.

So much sarcasm in this thread that this poor person doesn't understand at all >.< Why we beating up on the new guy who's first languange isn't even English!

(I did find your post chuckle worthy however).
  • But what if I was serious? ;)

I seriously don't think she should ever use her resurrect offensively. Not unless there are two dead Beasts on the ground and a full health Grog still standing beside her. It just is a waste of the move.

And it's infuriating to lose because of horrible AI. Seriously. Two freaking heroes that you could have brought back to full health, but noooooo. Gotta immolate yourself and open yourself up to being eaten by Hopper. Dumb as rocks.
    But what if I was serious? ;)

I seriously don't think she should ever use her resurrect offensively. Not unless there are two dead Beasts on the ground and a full health Grog still standing beside her. It just is a waste of the move.

And it's infuriating to lose because of horrible AI. Seriously. Two freaking heroes that you could have brought back to full health, but noooooo. Gotta immolate yourself and open yourself up to being eaten by Hopper. Dumb as rocks.

Well let's hypothetically talk about smart AI defense. Currently defense (And many hero mechanic actually) are designed around the idea defense gets all their abilities charged and defense goes first. If we were to make defense "smart" a couple things would happen

1) Defense win rates would sky rocket. Shade/Sol playing "smart" with all abilities and going first could be near unbeatable in may situations.
    2) The group of players complaining about how hard pvp is right now would probably straight up quit.

If we did actually want smart AI we'd have to fundamentally change how defense currently works. It's possible, but it would require essentially creating a completely different pvp dynamic. I'm quite confident it would lead to a worse game experience.
  • If anything, they need to make the AI dumber. Defensive Solaris should always use her last move as an attack.

The percentage of 5k teams is growing, and win rates are plummeting. If this trend continues, people will quit.
  • I agree. It is no fun. I am level 70. I am fighting level 63 Solaris, Lupina, Grog-Nog and Pignius. So far I have made 5 attempts and failed. It is just frustrating. PvP can be annoying when it seems unbalanced and now the ToP is made pointless too.
  • My go-to for solaris beast teams is Kobol/Shade/Astrid/Zomm. Steal the taunt with Shade's first turn.
  • Solaris is balanced what r u talking about? The only thing that is not balanced are runes right now
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • runes have never been balanced, broke the game the day they where introduced.
    litespeed
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think the dumb AI is the only thing that makes it possible to even win against Solaris defense teams.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics